View Poll Results: Want to see a BARBER SHOP?
YES 32 91.43%
NO 3 8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

10-22-07, 11:39 AM   #1
JUIDAR
A Defias Bandit
Lightbulb Change Hair Style And Facial Hair

Alright here is this GREAT idea that WoW really needs to do that would keep players again having fun and enjoying there play time more.

A BARBER SHOP where you can go and get the hair on your head and facial hair changed. Make it like 10 gold or something like that so that people aren't doing it all the time.

I don't know about you guys but before I even hit 40 I was tired of my characters facial hair style. Also you can dye your hair and they could add a million more styles.

They could get really crazy with it and just make hair grow for every couple of days that go by on WoW.

Anyway I would think it would be some simple programing that could be done and added in a patch that would be really neat little extra feature.
10-22-07, 12:12 PM   #2
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

I didn't read past half way yet, Because i just had to reply, I totally back your idea
I'm too perfectionist, its personally a tad annoying. I just deleted my twink whom I invested quite some money in, because i got sick of the name and its look, thats gotta be a bit on the wierd side of the fence!
I was thinking also, On the character select menu, That it would be great to have the ability to arrange your characters positions on the "selection ladder" by level/played time/name/race/date created etc. Just like you can arrange Guild members on the "guild pane" It just feels weird seeing Level 1 bank chars higher up than your most used and higher leveled toons on the selection menu.

Though, If the hair feature was released and it was easily accessible, common and available at all times, for all players. The normality of Unique appearance characters would fade away. I mean one day, Tauren Freddy has pink hair, next day green, no dice. If it was a rare opportunity to recreate your appearance though, the feature would be more respected and would be used appropriately, A hairdoo token at level 40 with your spells and mount and one at level 60 for example... that's a viable feature to the game imo

Last edited by WaldoJeffers : 10-22-07 at 12:34 PM.
10-22-07, 12:40 PM   #3
Skarok
A Murloc Raider
Blizzard beat you to it look at expansion notes
10-22-07, 07:29 PM   #4
Rabscuttle of Executus
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Nelson says "Ha Ha".
10-22-07, 07:44 PM   #5
Purity
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
What about tattoo and body art? That would be neat. Would be neat to get "magical" tattoos that require BoP drops from bosses to create.

On a side note..how about some graphics for jewelry? Namely necklaces and that funny ring "The Rock".
10-23-07, 02:21 AM   #6
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

I know as part of WoLK, new hair styles and such will be appearing. How they will be applied Blizzard has not stated. I have also seen that jewelery and tattoos will be included although that is not confirmed.
10-23-07, 09:39 AM   #7
Lantel
A Cyclonian

Ooooh they're adding visible jewlery great I was hoping for that.
10-23-07, 10:23 AM   #8
dafire
Premium Member
I was hoping for intimate piercings :9
10-23-07, 10:39 AM   #9
AnaBanana
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Purity
What about tattoo and body art? That would be neat. Would be neat to get "magical" tattoos that require BoP drops from bosses to create.

On a side note..how about some graphics for jewelry? Namely necklaces and that funny ring "The Rock".
That sort of reminds me of the game 'Fable' Where you could buy tattoos and such. I like that idea... it's not fair that Nelfs are the only one with facial tattoos. >.>

--I could get really carried away with this and say, "What would be cool is getting actual disfiguring scars and the like. Yah know, if you are a warrior, it'd be cool to look bad ass with an eye missing or if you're a fire mage you could get a scar where part of your eyebrow was singed off." I can see all the rp-ers frothing at the mouth. JK.
10-23-07, 11:12 AM   #10
JUIDAR
A Defias Bandit
Thumbs up

Tiss true WoW will be adding MORE hairstyles but the ability to change the hairstyle of your current character and facial hair that's what I'm talking about.

Thanks for the feedback guys I hope WoW responds to it.
10-23-07, 01:35 PM   #11
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by JUIDAR
Tiss true WoW will be adding MORE hairstyles but the ability to change the hairstyle of your current character and facial hair that's what I'm talking about.

Thanks for the feedback guys I hope WoW responds to it.
I think that is one of the goals according to what I have read. You will be able to change the looks (hairstyles, hair colors, tattoos, jewelery) of your CURRENT character via some in-game mechanic whether it be via a menu, quest or NPC vendor.
10-23-07, 08:57 PM   #12
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Xinh
I think that is one of the goals according to what I have read. You will be able to change the looks (hairstyles, hair colors, tattoos, jewelery) of your CURRENT character via some in-game mechanic whether it be via a menu, quest or NPC vendor.
I love that , and hope it happens
But I hope you can not modify your characters appearance too often, Id hope for it to be a rare opportunity. Changing your characters, well character so often wouldnt seem right imo.
10-24-07, 11:03 AM   #13
JUIDAR
A Defias Bandit
Exclamation

Agreed I defintaley would not want it to be something that could be changed very often maybe even something that you could only change when you hit level 25 and up or perhaps something really expensive kind of like everytime you UNLEARN your TALENTS.

Heck you could even make it a profession like cooking!
10-25-07, 10:50 AM   #14
Skarok
A Murloc Raider
Again read expansion notes

Level cap raised to 80

New profession: "Inscription allows the player to permanently enhance their spells and abilities and to create mysterious items of power to use, trade, and sell."

New and existing characters will be able to customize dances (??) and hairstyle

Northrend will be about as big as Outland and will take about as long to complete.

Players will fight Arthas himself
10-25-07, 11:14 AM   #15
High Warlord Femalerogue
A Kobold Labourer
Lightbulb

If you are on about the hair try do the mobs they only have other colors.
ogre bosses always have some big plate on their stomache
so boring actually i think they should make totally different mobs not just different colors
but the idea of the barber shop is great btw
lol
would be handy :P im sick of my hairstyle
Maybe they would take it into mind to make new hairstyles and mobs

Blizzard entertainment presents!!!!!!!! :Crap in ur pants scary mobs!!:

Il go back to my UI.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Change Hair Style And Facial Hair