06-20-06, 09:30 AM   #1
CrashVegas
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Charcoal UI/Fusion

This should have been made ages ago, sorry everyone.

Please use this thread for all questions concerning Charcoal v1.1 and the upcoming Charcoal Fusion

Thanks, Crash
06-20-06, 10:05 AM   #2
Geza
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
When I log onto http://www.inabsentia.net/ all I see is the Azshara background and some dark grey boxes I can drag around. Is this the correct site for Charcoal still?
06-20-06, 10:18 AM   #3
CrashVegas
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Geza
When I log onto http://www.inabsentia.net/ all I see is the Azshara background and some dark grey boxes I can drag around. Is this the correct site for Charcoal still?
Ummm just ignore that =)

Charcoal will be back on inabsentia.net soon, probably at wow.inabsentia.net
06-20-06, 10:53 AM   #4
Θybrid
A Kobold Labourer
Is there any set release date for when Charcoal Fusion will be released? Or when you will be expecting it to be done? I wan't to mark my calendar.
06-21-06, 11:06 AM   #5
shazzy
A Murloc Raider

Any plans to add the keyring?
06-21-06, 12:37 PM   #6
chrull
A Defias Bandit
keyring is a DAB-issue.

I have a question: anyone else having problem with Charcoal 1.1i resetting to the latest loaded charcoal-profile when logging in/out?

It doesn't remember my saved profile it seems.
06-21-06, 09:14 PM   #7
CrashVegas
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Θybrid
Is there any set release date for when Charcoal Fusion will be released? Or when you will be expecting it to be done? I wan't to mark my calendar.
Sometime between now and the release of Burning Crusade =)

I have no idea yet but I promise it wont be in development for months.

Originally Posted by chrull
I have a question: anyone else having problem with Charcoal 1.1i resetting to the latest loaded charcoal-profile when logging in/out?

It doesn't remember my saved profile it seems.
I haven't noticed this yet and I've been testing all day under various circumstances.
06-21-06, 09:29 PM   #8
chrull
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by CrashVegas
I haven't noticed this yet and I've been testing all day under various circumstances.
I'll try to get some time between work and raiding tonight then to check if there might be another addon causing trouble.

Charcoal setting isn't saved in any strange place, but right with the other addons, right?
wtf/account/accountname/server/charcoal.lua?
06-21-06, 09:53 PM   #9
CrashVegas
An Aku'mai Servant
I'll try to get some time between work and raiding tonight then to check if there might be another addon causing trouble.

Charcoal setting isn't saved in any strange place, but right with the other addons, right?
wtf/account/accountname/savedvariables/charcoal.lua

same location as the discord mods (and most other ones for that matter)
06-22-06, 01:39 AM   #10
Geza
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I really like the compact cleanliness of simple mode, but would like to modify one thing on it. Instead of having 2 separate bars of 12, I want to change it to 1 bar of 24 buttons. That way the whole bar switches with stance/shapeshift and when I mouse scroll. Is this possible with Charcoal active? If not, do you have a unit frame standalone that mirrors the Charcoal unit frames?
06-22-06, 08:52 PM   #11
Lowprofile
A Defias Bandit

DAB and Charcoal Fusion

I'm not sure if anyone out there is facing the same issue as I have, but leaving Charcoal v.1.1 was the only choice I could make.

I decided to reroll a hunter when Charcoal v.1.1 was released. My hat goes off to the production of that UI because I believe the entire community was stunned at the effort that went into it. The fact that any resolution could pick this up and configure it themselves inside a comfortable options menu was fantastic. Discord is so heavy on the eyes sometimes and this was refreshing!

So now that the patch is here, and my beloved UI bonked out, I've become a sitting log in Orgrimmar. I'd just like to let Crash know that this is NOT a complaint. I'm just expressing how it is to suffice without something that completely reshaped this game for me and I thank him for bustin his ass for us! I have a feeling that when Charcoal Fusion comes out, the community will be amazed again.

Good luck m-man!

Last edited by Lowprofile : 06-22-06 at 08:55 PM.
06-22-06, 09:31 PM   #12
CrashVegas
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Lowprofile
I'm not sure if anyone out there is facing the same issue as I have, but leaving Charcoal v.1.1 was the only choice I could make.

I decided to reroll a hunter when Charcoal v.1.1 was released. My hat goes off to the production of that UI because I believe the entire community was stunned at the effort that went into it. The fact that any resolution could pick this up and configure it themselves inside a comfortable options menu was fantastic. Discord is so heavy on the eyes sometimes and this was refreshing!

So now that the patch is here, and my beloved UI bonked out, I've become a sitting log in Orgrimmar. I'd just like to let Crash know that this is NOT a complaint. I'm just expressing how it is to suffice without something that completely reshaped this game for me and I thank him for bustin his ass for us! I have a feeling that when Charcoal Fusion comes out, the community will be amazed again.

Good luck m-man!

Thanks for the compliments, but I updated v1.1 yesterday and all is working ok on my end. Everything you need is in the zip file, including the version of DUF and DAB that it requires.

When Lozareth finalizes the current betas of his discord mods I'll update it one more time.
06-22-06, 09:55 PM   #13
Lowprofile
A Defias Bandit

Whew! Got it, works great! Yes!

I remember seeing a post when 1.11 came out that Charcoal v.1.1 was a done deal and I proceeded to download perl unit frames. Praise Crash for saving me!
06-23-06, 01:16 AM   #14
chrull
A Defias Bandit

i just disabled all addons except charcoal and then it worked. Still works after reenabling all mods. No idea why or how it happend, but now it works.
06-23-06, 07:30 AM   #15
dmcs414
A Kobold Labourer
Question

Hi Crash, I have a quick question about charcoal. Firstly, I love your addon. It's really outstanding and you do an incredible service to the WoW community. Thank you for your hard work!

Basically I'm just trying to figure out how to change the options so that when I target another player, in the target window instead of seeing their class symbol, I see their portrait. Once I have that fixed I'd like to use Adapt so that I can look at animated portraits of myself and whoever I'm targetting. Does Adapt work ok with Charcoal? Thanks for the help!
06-23-06, 09:20 AM   #16
CrashVegas
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by dmcs414
Hi Crash, I have a quick question about charcoal. Firstly, I love your addon. It's really outstanding and you do an incredible service to the WoW community. Thank you for your hard work!

Basically I'm just trying to figure out how to change the options so that when I target another player, in the target window instead of seeing their class symbol, I see their portrait. Once I have that fixed I'd like to use Adapt so that I can look at animated portraits of myself and whoever I'm targetting. Does Adapt work ok with Charcoal? Thanks for the help!
Open up /duf and select the target tab at the top...click on the Portrait button on the left menu. Click the 'Special' button that appeared over on the right. Deselect the option that shows the class instead of the portrait.

Adapt works fine with Charcoal but you might find the portraits a little small. Model support will be built into my new Charcoal as an option =)
06-26-06, 08:20 PM   #17
Gunmetal
A Defias Bandit
Range/melee page swapping doesn't seem to work unless I have serpent sting on the top row of the range bar...is there a way to change this? I want to use a all-in-one macro for my stings.
06-26-06, 09:15 PM   #18
CrashVegas
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Gunmetal
Range/melee page swapping doesn't seem to work unless I have serpent sting on the top row of the range bar...is there a way to change this? I want to use a all-in-one macro for my stings.
You need to have a ranged spell in the second slot (from the top left) of the ranged bar. I used the second slot because most hunters requested it that way, but you can change this slot by opening up the localization.lua file in the Charcoal directory and changing the value of the 'CH_RangeCheckID' variable.
06-26-06, 10:22 PM   #19
Gunmetal
A Defias Bandit
oh ok...that makes sense, thanks
06-28-06, 12:38 PM   #20
DivinoAG
A Murloc Raider
Hello Crash. I've been using Charcoal for quite a while now, since last december when I started playing, and I've seen many incarnations of the system.

Version 1.1 is working nicely right now, and I'm quite happy to hear that you're working on a Discord-independant version now. I'm sure that should solve all the little issues we get from that dependance.

I was wondering if you could share a little roadmap for Charcoal Fusion, what features we can expect from it on a general sense. I know you don't like setting dates for release (been there, seen that ), I'm just want to know what's coming next.

And if you ever need someone to test it with a hunter char, just tell me, I would be glad to help.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » Charcoal UI/Fusion