04-08-12, 01:01 PM   #1
Landrell
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Feels like it needs ... more? less?

So, I've been floating with this UI for some time now. The first shot is what I'm currently with now, it's clean, clear, and as crisp as I can get it. The other shot is in party mode, so ignore the rest of the layout.

Some of the addons I'm using...
-oUF_Nivea
-Chatter
-Wanderlust
-Tinydps
-Bartender
-Shinybuffs
-Tiptop...

So, I guess what I'm looking for is just general feedback, seeing if there is anything from another person's perspective that may see wrong, or what can be adjusted, etc. Just something feels off on it and I've been having a hard time placing it. The only thing I can think of is maybe the usage of real estate?

Not sure, but C&C always welcome!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_040812_145441.jpg
Views:	666
Size:	441.1 KB
ID:	6884  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_021212_014000.jpg
Views:	653
Size:	309.9 KB
ID:	6885  

Fear my Aim, for it be True, Swfit, and Deadly!
04-08-12, 03:55 PM   #2
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

I couldn't get a very good view since I'm on my phone, but what strikes me is that your buffs looks pretty large, maybe scale them down a notch? If what you're using is say 1.0, I'd try scaling them down to 0.9 or maybe even 0.8
04-08-12, 04:54 PM   #3
Landrell
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Thanks, Lerb! I figured out what made them so big, it was the border on them, so switched them out for something thinner.

Keep them coming!

04-08-12, 05:14 PM   #4
Waky
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Seems to me you have a lot of unused action bar slots. Maybe you should make the action bars only 3 rows tall and make the panels the same height as the side panels.

I think it'd look better! You could even put your keybound buttons on another bar that's hidden so you don't need to see them at all. I do this for things that don't have cooldowns (i.e. Living Bomb, Scorch)
04-08-12, 05:38 PM   #5
Landrell
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Thanks, Waky! One thing to keep in mind for the initial setup is that I'm using the Razer Naga / Nostromo setup, so for me, the visual set-up is somewhat vital. But I guess what might work is putting misc. bar items on to one bar and hiding it until mouse over.

I'll have to play around with it some, but that does sound like a good idea to simplify things. Hiding non-essential actions, etc...

04-09-12, 10:34 AM   #6
Kendian
A Molten Giant

I've liked the visual set-up, since I first saw it posted some months ago. I'd really like to see a raid pic, if possible. It's clear, concise, and has what info AND what buttons (self-professed clicker here) would need, to get to in a hurry. Only thing (for me) would be to thin borders, just a tad, say down to 12? Well done, imo~

Edit: Meant borders on the art panels, lol. Sorry~

Last edited by Kendian : 04-09-12 at 10:37 AM.
04-11-12, 08:32 AM   #7
Patchjob
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I'd say keep the button layout as it is if you're planning to release it for others to use, as it's not a rarity for people to require even more buttons than you have showing.

Only suggestion I'd have is changing the position of the target frame, seems rather random. I'd put it ontop of your health frame, making the target buffs/debuffs show on top.

Apart from that, really nice work. Looks very clean.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Feels like it needs ... more? less?