05-30-12, 02:58 PM   #1
GOSYDELIX
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

STUF unitframes

Hello ppl, i recently started playing wow again and i had an idea of how to config my unitframes but i have no idea how it would work.

The idea is too have a nice simple and plain healthbar with a texture of the health-percentage on it.
And whenever my hp goes down it would get bigger to catch my attention.

Let me try to show you an example here.

100% hp

50% hp

5% hp

I hope i've been clear enough. If something seems odd just ask me and i'll try to clearify it more specificly
05-30-12, 04:38 PM   #2
Unkn
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
oUF_Hank is the only thing I could suggest. That is what I immediately thought of even thought it is not quite what you are looking for. It is a rather neat piece of work.

I don't think you can resize STUF that easily. But you can cheese it. Say perhaps every 25% your health drops your font would increase 2 points. Something along those lines.

You would have to confirm that I'm using its tag system correctly but this should work with STUF.

Example:
Text 1 >>> [custom_if_hp100: perchp]% <<<< set font to whatever and font size 10 set layer 1
Text 2 >>> [custom_if_hp75: perchp]% <<<<set font to whatever and font size 12 set layer 2

ETC
The catch is you would have to make a background for your font - which you can do with STUF. And then have each text box in its own layer. So that the newest size covers up the old one.

I hope that makes sense... its been a bit since I've used stuf.
05-31-12, 04:33 AM   #3
GOSYDELIX
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

So you mean like i should create 4-5 layers of HP text that will overlapse eachother depending on the percentage of my HP? correct me if im wrong
05-31-12, 11:51 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yes, this would be the way to do it with STUF, though there may be another way through the Lua Texts for your text area... In actuality, though, this is better suited to oUF.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-31-12, 12:08 PM   #5
GOSYDELIX
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I see .. but i've never used oUF, and never liked the styles on the oUF unitframes that ppl have brought for downloads.. I have my own idea on how to build my unitframes but i have 0 skill in scripting in Lua.. i wish i had, coz i think oUF would fit my needs really well..
05-31-12, 12:22 PM   #6
Xandrietta
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I have the same problems... I love what ppl are doing with OUF so I am trying to learn it.

What I am doing that might work for you ...Is I have a seperate wow install for testing/trying to fiddle with things like ouf/new addons, aside from my daily use wow install..

That way you can mess with things but not hinder your daily wow buisness
05-31-12, 01:01 PM   #7
Kendian
A Molten Giant

I just use an alt toon, since Stuf has a 'copy to next character' function. I always save my ideas on that toon, so easy to pick up where I left off, or put it on a diff toon, if the idea works. Also, I believe Zork was updating oUF Simple, which is a REALLY good place to start designing your own~

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=43163

Last edited by Kendian : 05-31-12 at 01:12 PM.
05-31-12, 03:59 PM   #8
Unkn
Premium Member

Originally Posted by GOSYDELIX View Post
So you mean like i should create 4-5 layers of HP text that will overlapse eachother depending on the percentage of my HP? correct me if im wrong
Yeah that would be how you would do it with STUF unless you have the experience to code it yourself. Just checked the thread again sorry for delay on response. Make sure you make a background for the overlapping text - or you are going to see the text below it.
06-01-12, 04:05 AM   #9
GOSYDELIX
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I think i'm going to give oUF_Simple a try, but is it possible to turn off raids units and such in the lua?
06-02-12, 10:02 AM   #10
Smashbolt
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Yep. If I'm looking at the right code for oUF_Simple, the raid frames are defined and spawned in a separate file, so to disable them, all you have to do is remove the line that says oUF_SimpleRaid.lua in the oUF_Simple.toc file.

Disabling other units will involve looking in the main oUF_Simple.lua file for the calls to oUF:Spawn near the bottom that correspond to the units you want to turn off and commenting them out.
06-04-12, 07:01 AM   #11
GOSYDELIX
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Thanks alot, helped me out there

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » STUF unitframes