06-20-09, 05:20 PM   #1
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Mage Portal / Teleport Plugin Coming Soon ...

Rofl .. My first secure action buttons and an nUI plugin gets first chance at benefitting from it.

I've almost finished it but instead of the usual lets grab an addon and reparent and position it in an infopanel I went one step further and actually coded the addon as part for the infopanel framework.

Where it would usually check for the addon being loaded and running I actually create the frame and its functionality. The infopanel part of the code then repositions it as normal.

It's looking fine so far but not quite finished. I had a glitch with getting the buttons appearing but sorted that problem out with the help of Alestore (sp?) on the UI Official Forums.

I decided to do this as I have been using cryolosis 3 and they haven't made any changes to it in a long while and sometimes it decides to not work for some reason I have yet to fathom. So I thought , aha .. lets make an nUI plugin, so I don't got fumbling around my spell book when I need to port or teleport someone at the same time it decides to not work. Rofl, of course while testing it today cryo worked fine .. think it is getting scared .. rofl.

I did check similar addons but their frames were too big to fit in the infopanel so I thought I would just make one from scratch So you should see this ready for download sometime next week once I have finished off the functionality and tidied up the code.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

06-20-09, 06:37 PM   #2
spiritwulf
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Very nice Xrystal. I'm wondering however how inteligent youve made it or how far you are willing to go on it. Now i know there are several other versions of cryo out there for other classes such as locks and i think i remember seeing them for other classes as well like pallies and maybe priests. It dosnt seem that far of a stretch to consider that it could be adapted to be inteligent and recognize what class was using it and configure itself based off of a profile to work for any class that could possibly make use of it. Of course im basing this off of an image i have in my head and maybe dreaming of something that would more properly be considered a possible future feature of nUI rather than belonging to a plugin but a guy can dream cant he?
not for pleasure
but for survival

06-20-09, 06:58 PM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Rofl. of course he can

At the moment it literally is just what it says portal and teleport buttons hidden away in an info panel until such a time as they're needed. The only intelligent thing about it is keeping the small database up to date with the spell IDs and whether it is horde or alliance based and display it related to that. I used PortalBox as inspiration but it was way too big to be anchored to the info panel frame.

I like to work my way up there 1 step at a time, but if you look at my Loot Alerter addon you can see I started small and added to it as I learnt something new that would help it grow.

And yeah, I've been using cryolosis for a while and even for those classes that aren't covered yet the 3 custom buttons have been useful as well as the mount button. But the last update there was way back in December and as far as I know Mage and Priests are pretty much the best covered in that addon which has been useful as they are my 2 best geared toons. At the moment that is

Rofl, with 5 70+ pretty active toons I'm sure it will come to a point where I will try to get one addon working for all of them Of course it helps that they are pretty much all casters.

Characters:

06-20-09, 08:57 PM   #4
Depresjon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

* Cryolysis (Mage)
* HolyHope (Paladin)
* Necrosis (Warlock)
* Sabella (Rogue)
* Serenity (Priest)
* Totemus (Shaman)
* Venantes (Hunter)

Are there other classes that have an addon like this?

edit : Henge is a spherelike mod for all classes it says,but is out of date it seems
Lunarsphere seems oke too

Last edited by Depresjon : 06-20-09 at 09:10 PM.

06-21-09, 12:02 AM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Yeah I tried Lunarsphere but it was way too much stuff there for my liking but I am sure alot of people would like it.

Cryo I have used for years which is why I stumbled when it stopped working suddenly when someone wanted a port - rofl .. had to hunt it down in my spell book )

Characters:

06-21-09, 12:05 AM   #6
Depresjon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

i tried lunarsphere this morning and have to agree with you,might try cry3 on my mage.

06-24-09, 04:06 PM   #7
Randlore
A Murloc Raider
hello guys

if it is pos how do i get this plugin to work on my laptop

i am runin the game in 1024*768 but the icons do not show up right

is they anything i can do to make then resize them to make that sshow up right plz

06-24-09, 04:17 PM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Hi Randlore, in case you haven't seen it yet I have just uploaded the fix to the bug you spotted about the same time I did . rofl.

Anyway, if you want to try testing different sizes for the icons try adjusting these values in the mageports.lua file.

Button:SetWidth(36);
Button:SetHeight(36);

Each time you change it though you will need to do a /rl to get the latest codefile incorporated. If a different number helps your set up let me know and I will shift it up higher in the file to where the other customizable values are. I am trying to avoid a config set up to minimize code but may incorporate slash commands to change those values while in game in a later version.

Also, at the moment I haven't got it resizing buttons based on resolution like Scott does with the nUI base code but if needed I will look into that aspect too.

Characters:

06-24-09, 04:19 PM   #9
Randlore
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Hi Randlore, in case you haven't seen it yet I have just uploaded the fix to the bug you spotted about the same time I did . rofl.

Anyway, if you want to try testing different sizes for the icons try adjusting these values in the mageports.lua file.

Each time you change it though you will need to do a /rl to get the latest codefile incorporated. If a different number helps your set up let me know and I will shift it up higher in the file to where the other customizable values are. I am trying to avoid a config set up to minimize code but may incorporate slash commands to change those values while in game in a later version.

Also, at the moment I haven't got it resizing buttons based on resolution like Scott does with the nUI base code but if needed I will look into that aspect too.
did not want to mess with a good programe just wood like it to work on a screen runig at 1024*768

ty for the info will go now and download the update ones more ty for the help

here is what i am geting plz find pic

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Randlore : 06-24-09 at 06:05 PM.

06-24-09, 05:59 PM   #10
Randlore
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post

i have played with the button setin that helps out bit but only resize the buttons

i am lookin for a way to move them over abit to the left and up a bit more
like 1 or 2cm up and left how do i do that ??

ohh yea plz add the code for resizing the buttons based on resolution plz

this is what i ood love to get fixs the buttons and ley out where they sit on screen

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Randlore : 06-24-09 at 06:07 PM.

06-24-09, 06:44 PM   #11
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Xyrstal --

There's actually a mechanism built into the info panel plugin system already to make this more "automatic" -- the "plugin.sizeChanged" method passes you in a scale as well as height and width of the container.

There are a couple of options.

1) You can set the button size in that method using something like button.SetWidth( btnWidth * scale ) and find a value for btnWidth that makes it fit... then as the scale increases or decreases, hopefully the button would, too.

2) Take the width argument and divide it by the number of buttons you want to display across the panel and use the result to set the button height and width... that way the buttons always fit exactly across the width of the panel even if the panel size changes -- you can, of course, subtract a bit from the width to add that as a gap between the buttons, as well.

You could do something like this...

Code:
plugin.sizeChanged = function( scale, height, width )

local cellWidth = width / 6;
    local btnSize = cellWidth * 0.95;
    local btnGap = cellWidth * 0.05;
    local verticalOffset = 0; -- how far up or down from center to put the button

for i=1,6 do
        button[i]:SetWidth( btnSize );
        button[i]:SetHeight( btnSize );
    end

button[1]:SetPoint( "RIGHT", button[2], "LEFT", -btnGap, 0 );
    button[2]:SetPoint( "RIGHT", button[3], "LEFT", -btnGap, 0 );
    button[3]:SetPoint( "RIGHT", plugin.container, "CENTER", -btnGap/2, verticalOffset );
    button[4]:SetPoint( "LEFT", plugin.container, "CENTER", btnGap/2, verticalOffset );
    button[5]:SetPoint( "LEFT", button[4], "RIGHT", btnGap, 0 );
    button[6]:SetPoint( "LEFT", button[5], "RIGHT", btnGap, 0 );
end
With something of that nature, no matter how much the size of the plugin changes, it will always center 6 buttons across the width of the window with a small gap between each button. You can probably figure out what I'm doing from there to tweak it.

This way your plugin works at all resolutions without the user having to tweak anything.

PS: Note... I'm using button[i] as a symbol for your buttons... I haven't looked at how you have it coded, so I'm generalizing. button[1] is your first button, button[2] your second button and so on.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

Last edited by spiel2001 : 06-25-09 at 08:36 AM.

06-24-09, 10:38 PM   #12
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Thanks Scott.

I will investigate that avenue tomorrow and see how I can get my code incorporated in there. Shouldn't be a problem from the looks of your example.

I pretty much have a frame created for the addon itself as if it was a separate addon and then I reparent it inside the panel. All the positioning of the objects are based on the TOPLEFT or TOPRIGHT of the frame with buttons 2 to x being based on the button in front with a padding space.

But should be able to implement something with the width value to make everything fit. Although looking at that screenshot the text doesn't look too comfortable where I have positioned them with that font - rofl.

Will see what I manage to get working tomorrow.

Characters:

06-29-09, 03:39 PM   #13
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

Created a mage on nesingwary for the nUI community guild thingy and when I loaded I got hit with this. Any ideas?

Date: 2009-06-29 14:37:57
ID: 1
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
Message: ...terface\AddOns\nUI_InfoPanel_MagePorts\MagePorts.lua line 287:
attempt to concatenate a nil value
Debug:
[C]: ?
...terface\AddOns\nUI_InfoPanel_MagePorts\MagePorts.lua:287:
...terface\AddOns\nUI_InfoPanel_MagePorts\MagePorts.lua:252
...terface\AddOns\nUI_InfoPanel_MagePorts\MagePorts.lua:449:
...terface\AddOns\nUI_InfoPanel_MagePorts\MagePorts.lua:445
AddOns:
Swatter, v5.5.4293 (WombatII)
Ace3, v
AckisRecipeList, v1.0 RC10 2109
AdvancedTradeSkillWindow, v
Altoholic, v3.1.003b
ArkInventory, v3.02
Atlas, v1.14.1
AtlasBattlegrounds, v1.14.1
AtlasDungeonLocs, v1.14.1
AtlasOutdoorRaids, v1.14.1
AtlasTransportation, v1.14.1
AtlasLoot, vv5.05.01
AtlasLootFu, vv5.05.01
AucAdvanced, v5.5.4293 (WombatII)
AucFilterBasic, v5.5.4293 (WombatII)
AucFilterOutlier, v5.5.4293.2531
AucMatchUndercut, v5.5.4293.2531
AucStatClassic, v5.5.4293 (WombatII)
AucStatHistogram, v5.5.4293 (WombatII)
AucStatiLevel, v5.5.4293 (WombatII)
AucStatPurchased, v5.5.4293 (WombatII)
AucStatSales, v5.5.4293.2842
AucStatSimple, v5.5.4293 (WombatII)
AucStatStdDev, v5.5.4293 (WombatII)
AucStatWOWEcon, v5.5.4293.2530
AucUtilAHWindowControl, v5.5.4293.3311
AucUtilAppraiser, v5.5.4293.2530
AucUtilAskPrice, v5.5.4293.3175
AucUtilAutoMagic, v5.5.4293.3142
AucUtilCompactUI, v5.5.4293.2530
AucUtilEasyBuyout, v5.5.4293.3583
AucUtilFixAH, v5.5.4293 (WombatII)
AucUtilItemSuggest, v5.5.4293.3108
AucUtilPriceLevel, v5.5.4293.2545
AucUtilScanButton, v5.5.4293.2530
AucUtilScanFinish, v5.5.4293.2530
AucUtilScanProgress, v5.5.4293.2530
AucUtilSearchUI, v5.5.4293.3655
AucUtilSimpleAuction, v5.5.4293.0
AucUtilVendMarkup, v5.5.4293.2530
AutoProfitX, v2.04
Babylonian, v5.1.DEV.130
BeanCounter, v5.5.4293 (WombatII)
BonusScanner, v5.0
Carbonite, v3.13
CarboniteTransfer, v1.01
ChatMOD, v133
Configator, v5.1.DEV.130
CoolLevelUp, v
CurseProfiler, v
DebugLib, v5.1.DEV.130
Decursive, v2.4.1
DrDamage, v1.6.8_release
EasyMail, v
Enchantrix, v5.5.4293 (WombatII)
EnchantrixBarker, v5.5.4293 (WombatII)
FishingBuddy, v0.9.7l
FluidFrames, v2.3
HealBot, v3.1.3.1
InFlightLoad, v3.0.013
Informant, v5.5.4293 (WombatII)
ItemDataCache, v1.303
MobInfo3, v0.801
Necrosis, v3.0 (r221)
nUI, v5.03.12 (Dev)
nUIConfigGUI, v30100.5
nUIInfoPanelMagePorts, v1.02.01
Portfolio, v1.21
RatingBuster, v
RecipeBook, v
SharedMedia, v3.0.1-177
Skada, v1.2-15
SkadaAbsorbs, v1.0
SkadaDamage, v1.0
SkadaDamageTaken, v1.0
SkadaDeaths, v1.0
SkadaDebuffs, v1.0
SkadaDispels, v1.0
SkadaEnemies, v1.0
SkadaFailbot, v1.0
SkadaHealing, v1.0
SkadaPower, v1.0
SkadaThreat, v1.0
SlideBar, v5.5.4293 (WombatII)
Stubby, v5.5.4293 (WombatII)
Talented, v2.3
TalentedSpecTabs, v
Titan, v4.2.5.30100 - Revision 273
TitanAmmo, v4.2.5.30100
TitanBag, v4.2.5.30100
TitanClock, v4.2.5.30100
TitanCoords, v4.2.5.30100
TitanGoldTracker, v4.2.5.30100
TitanHealBot, v3.1.0.0
TitanLootType, v4.2.5.30100
TitanPerformance, v4.2.5.30100
TitanRegen, v4.2.5.30100
TitanRepair, v4.2.5.30100
TitanVolume, v4.2.5.30100
TitanXP, v4.2.5.30100
XLoot, v0.9
XLootGroup, v0.5
XLootMaster, v0.8
XLootMonitor, v0.7
(ck=b29)

06-29-09, 03:50 PM   #14
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Oh wow I never got that with my mage .. let me disable cryolysis and see if I get it then. A level 12 shouldn't be any different from a level 1 and I know cryolysis was causing problems with my level 12 so I believe I disabled but will check again.

Looking at the line in question its possible that it doesn't recognise the Portal/Teleport Rune item yet. If that does seem to be the case with a new mage that hasn't visited a reagent vendor yet ( I suspect that will fix it ) then I will work a fix in to not display anything if you aren't aware of the runes yet.

One question though. Have you got a mage on any of your other servers ? Just in case its having a mage anyway that makes it work for me ?

Hmm, well just created a Gnome Mage on Nesingwary, and received no errors whatsoever. However, I have had a mage for several years and perhaps the information is automatically at hand for any mage I wish to create. I will implement a change though but it would be good to know if this is only a problem for people that have never had a mage.

Edit: Okay, added some extra checks and display parameters so that this error is bypassed. The new version is uploaded now and should be available shortly. Let me know if it sorts the problem out for you.

Characters:

Last edited by Xrystal : 06-29-09 at 04:20 PM.

06-29-09, 08:20 PM   #15
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

Ok just so you know I have a level 46 mage on my main server Cenarion Circle, so I don't think that's it. But I will try again with and without the update and see what happens.

06-30-09, 08:50 AM   #16
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

Something that just dawned on me. That error I got was on a different computer. I'm not sure I ever loaded/played my mage on that computer, so it might not have ever seen the reagents. I will see if I can figure that out and I will load the update on that one and see if it removes the problem.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Plugin Support » Mage Portal / Teleport Plugin Coming Soon ...