09-25-12, 05:00 AM   #1
cateye
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
No Maps for Pandaria

With many thanks to Rythal, I got my Carbonite working again. (Love the addon, have supported the authors.)

However, there are no maps for Pandaria showing up. It kind of defeats the purpose of having a questing addon.

Is there any hope?

09-25-12, 05:49 AM   #2
athina_livadi
A Murloc Raider
You are absolutely right. Since yesterday I feel like I cannot enjoy my leveling because Carbonite is my main and most important addon! It is fundamental to my gaming because not only does it show the map and quests but only the gathering materials. The developers should do something ASAP or let Rythal help them. We need this addon and it should have already been ready for MoP. We have been waiting for weeks!

09-25-12, 06:01 AM   #3
goonakikas
A Defias Bandit
One of the threads had a fan update in it that had the maps working and then the official authors put out the latest release that didn't have the maps. I am sure that it won't be long until we have the maps. I believe if you click ALT-M you get the original in game map.

09-25-12, 06:06 AM   #4
athina_livadi
A Murloc Raider
I know what you are talking about the Rythal update. I guess we have to wait for the authors to decide whether or not and when they will release an update. However, I feel that my gameplay is not complete without Carbonite.

09-26-12, 02:21 AM   #5
sophiemj
A Defias Bandit
please give us an update, we r almost blind without it !TY for all your hard work.

09-26-12, 02:59 AM   #6
Caremsis
A Fallenroot Satyr
check out

this site to enjoy WoW.

09-26-12, 06:08 AM   #7
cateye
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks, Caremsis, I am now enjoying WoW again!

09-26-12, 08:39 AM   #8
Reyne
A Murloc Raider

Oops

I appreciate that someone carbon copied carbonite and added some fixes, but it has just as many flaws.. which happens when you aren't the creator. I seriously can't wait for the real deal.

09-26-12, 10:37 AM   #9
S@thi
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by Reyne View Post
I appreciate that someone carbon copied carbonite and added some fixes, but it has just as many flaws.. which happens when you aren't the creator. I seriously can't wait for the real deal.
please name the flaws so he can look into it.

09-26-12, 10:48 AM   #10
Entropyutd
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by cateye View Post
With many thanks to Rythal, I got my Carbonite working again. (Love the addon, have supported the authors.)

However, there are no maps for Pandaria showing up. It kind of defeats the purpose of having a questing addon.

Is there any hope?
No give it up
The authors have been total assclowns for a while.
Do not donate to these people, they are just taking the money and doing sod all at this point.
If they had any scrap of honor they would just hand over to Rythal and let the add on survive.

09-26-12, 02:05 PM   #11
Dedkah
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by S@thi View Post
please name the flaws so he can look into it.
^ This. I've had very few issues with Rythal's version since I replaced the official version (again). And he consistently makes updates to his fixes.

09-28-12, 01:58 AM   #12
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Entropyutd View Post
No give it up
Do not donate to these people, they are just taking the money and doing sod all at this point.
If they had any scrap of honor they would just hand over to Rythal and let the add on survive.
Good job name calling - I am sure that makes the authors want to give up something they spent a lot of time creating. I agree, do not donate if you don't want to - same thing the authors have said for a long time. As to honor... walk a mile in their shoes first and see if you feel the same way. Create a business, put in thousands of hours into it and then just give the business up to another person to take it over. Honor, ethics and/or morals do not dictate that they hand over their business and their work.

09-28-12, 07:08 AM   #13
LarryGatlin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by schizophrena View Post
Good job name calling - I am sure that makes the authors want to give up something they spent a lot of time creating. I agree, do not donate if you don't want to - same thing the authors have said for a long time. As to honor... walk a mile in their shoes first and see if you feel the same way. Create a business, put in thousands of hours into it and then just give the business up to another person to take it over. Honor, ethics and/or morals do not dictate that they hand over their business and their work.
^ This!

Best case would having the Authors add Rythal as a team member, the Authors still have input, and who knows, things change, and they start playing again.

09-28-12, 09:00 PM   #14
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by cateye View Post
Thanks, Caremsis, I am now enjoying WoW again!
Where did you find a download link?

09-28-12, 10:02 PM   #15
stejens
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Spahut View Post
Where did you find a download link?
I've been wondering the same, have looked everywhere.

09-28-12, 10:50 PM   #16
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Right THERE:
Originally Posted by Caremsis View Post
check out

this site to enjoy WoW.
It's post #6 in this very thread. In case you missed it, it's the "this site" bit. That's your link.

If you can't find it there, find the September 24 news item "Major..." and the link is directly below it. Say's "Find it here".

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 09-28-12 at 10:57 PM. Reason: sheesh!

09-29-12, 12:41 AM   #17
Drencarnate
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Entropyutd View Post
No give it up
I couldn't have said it better myself. I am a business owner. Have been for almost 13 years. Let me tell you, if I couldn't be bothered to keep my business afloat, I would pass it on to whomever was most likely to pick it up + improve on it.

09-29-12, 12:43 AM   #18
Drencarnate
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by schizophrena View Post
Good job name calling - I am sure that makes the authors want to give up something they spent a lot of time creating. I agree, do not donate if you don't want to - same thing the authors have said for a long time. As to honor... walk a mile in their shoes first and see if you feel the same way. Create a business, put in thousands of hours into it and then just give the business up to another person to take it over. Honor, ethics and/or morals do not dictate that they hand over their business and their work. P.S. I am just trolling you people. Even I am not dumb enough to swallow this load of crap and smile about it.
Edited for honesty

09-29-12, 01:42 AM   #19
kaffeeeck
A Kobold Labourer
Thumbs up no maps

hi i´m from germany kargath i love this addon and i miss it but it´s do not work at german server can you helb

09-29-12, 06:54 AM   #20
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by kaffeeeck View Post
hi i´m from germany kargath i love this addon and i miss it but it´s do not work at german server can you helb
the version mentioned above in this thread, should work with deDE client last i heard.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » No Maps for Pandaria