09-05-05, 06:17 PM   #1
Ezzra
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Insomniax Recompilation-smart pet

If I'm using Insomniax Recompilation and want to use smart pet only , what other items will need to be enabled for it to work properly?

I tried this the other night and when battle starts, I get some type of script error (didnt write it down word for word) , with the option "okay" to continue.

Also, if your a warlock using smart pet, what other options are you using (checked) from the advanced part.
09-06-05, 05:07 PM   #2
Ezzra
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Bump , anyone want to take a stab at this?
09-07-05, 05:14 PM   #3
Ezzra
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Error looks like this

[string “Interface\AddOns\SmartPet\SmartPet.lua”]:878:attempt to index field ‘?’ (a nil value)
09-07-05, 05:32 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hrm, hang on a sec here. The *only* part of Insomniax you are using is SmartPet? Then why have all the rest of it installed? Why not just get SmartPet as a stand alone?

Or am I misunderstanding? (entirely possible)
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
09-08-05, 07:31 AM   #5
dxanato
An Aku'mai Servant
Smartpet

SmartPet is standalone addon that is in the compilation. You can find here but the latest couple version had some errors. http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4104
The only stable version was pre 2.4 version of smart pet. Hopefully a new version fixing 2.5.1 bug will be up soon.I currently have versio 2.5.1 disable cause of the errors.
09-08-05, 02:56 PM   #6
Ezzra
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Insomniax was recommended from a gamer friend that got to WoW way before I did. They claimed extra space and all other kind of goosed up features. I was playing for a bit and wanted to give it a try.
I was so set in my ways of using WoW when it (insomnix) got loaded and I played it for a few days, I couldnt get use to some of the features. I was a bit taken back by it , and jumbled things up which was causing me mistakes in battle ; ect.
Like I said some of the things I liked, other things (titan bar, smart pet, item comparative) I didnt. I decided to disable it all and use the stuff I liked and found helpful.
It wasnt until after the fact of loading and installing did I know there was a smartpet only add on. Learned that a little to late.

Originally Posted by Cairenn
Hrm, hang on a sec here. The *only* part of Insomniax you are using is SmartPet? Then why have all the rest of it installed? Why not just get SmartPet as a stand alone?

Or am I misunderstanding? (entirely possible)
09-09-05, 07:56 AM   #7
Ezzra
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
That did it ... got the version you suggested in your post.

Tried it last night ... no more pop up window with script error message. tyvm

Originally Posted by dxanato
SmartPet is standalone addon that is in the compilation. You can find here but the latest couple version had some errors. http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4104
The only stable version was pre 2.4 version of smart pet. Hopefully a new version fixing 2.5.1 bug will be up soon.I currently have versio 2.5.1 disable cause of the errors.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Insomniax Recompilation-smart pet