01-11-06, 09:36 PM   #1
ksey
A Murloc Raider
Noob123 Dart custom textures

Anyone know where I can find the Noob123 Dart custome layout HUD?
01-11-06, 09:53 PM   #2
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I can send it to you through ur email if you want to, just lemme edit few things stuff again due to the patch.
01-11-06, 11:32 PM   #3
aro
A Kobold Labourer
Please send it also to me

[email protected]

Thanks
01-12-06, 12:05 AM   #4
dxanato
An Aku'mai Servant
ooooooooooooo Free Hud me
[email protected]
BTW I love the Hud
01-12-06, 01:19 AM   #5
ksey
A Murloc Raider
[email protected]
you may just want to host it, like on www.filefront.com or something
01-12-06, 02:52 AM   #6
Vinx Itak
A Murloc Raider
Can we have a screen ?
01-12-06, 09:23 AM   #7
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

Here's the SS b4 the patch.

During battle.

I'll upload the link soon.

Last edited by 123noob : 01-12-06 at 09:40 AM.
01-12-06, 01:59 PM   #8
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Noob, () are you the original author of these textures and scripts? Also, did nurfed appropriate them for their own use?

I only ask because I've sometimes said as much in other threads based on things I've read, and want to make sure it's correct.
01-12-06, 02:03 PM   #9
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

Ok here is the link to download it.
http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...126KWR3ROJSC3W

NOTE:
- If you are not using DUF, then go to the texture called "HUD" and delete any of the events regarding DUF hide/show so you don't recieve any error msg.
* if the link doesn't work after a week and you still want to download it, then send me the email at [email protected] *

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
Noob, () are you the original author of these textures and scripts? Also, did nurfed appropriate them for their own use?

I only ask because I've sometimes said as much in other threads based on things I've read, and want to make sure it's correct.
Yes, I made all these textures and all the scripts are from Discord forums as well as to those others like Gohan's or Epji's. As for the HUD v. I based off most of it base on Epji's and will imo, work to their needs.

Last edited by 123noob : 01-12-06 at 02:07 PM.
01-13-06, 09:02 AM   #10
Purify
A Defias Bandit
Thx for the files Noob. I am currently using the stat rings from ruin's UI but I am having issues with them. I was going to try to install your rings instead. I downloaded your files and was wondering how I could add your rings to my existing dart profile. You readme points me back to the old discord forums for instructions on that process. Unfortunitely those aren't there anymore (to my knowledge). Could you please instruct me on how I should add your textures to my existing UI? Thx Again.
01-13-06, 10:25 AM   #11
Vinx Itak
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the screens !

So the only dependance is DART ?

(i'm currently using DUF alone)
01-13-06, 10:37 AM   #12
eternityshard
A Murloc Raider
123Noob walked me through the process on the old forums, so I'll try to remember the steps. Hopefully 123Noob will correct me if I mis anything.

I also was using Serpent's Ruin, and did this to update to 123Noob's newer HUD.

I took 123Noob's entries from his custom file for textures 1 through 8 (I believe he used 8 for his HUD). I then deleted Serpent's HUD textures from my character's profile (I deleted texture 1 through 10, I think, but you can tell where the Ui background textures start by looking at the texture names in the XML), and pasted 123Noob's texture code in place.

I copied the graphics files in, and voila, it worked. The only other thing I had to do was move the textures, since 123Noobs ui resolution and scale were totally different than mine. His textures were all placed relative to UIParent, rather than each other, so they were all spread out when it first loaded. I've changed mine now so that they are all placed relative to the player HUD background texture, so hopefully if I ever resize my UI resultion or scale, that should stay in place relative to each other, so I'll only have to move the one texture to move the whole things if its out of place.

Also of note, was that my DUF settings were different than his; specifically which textboxes I was using for what. I had to edit the onload and OnEvent scripts for the textures to handle turning on and off the DUF textboxes I was using for my HP/MP values and percents, and the same for my target. This new HUD also has a control box that lets you enable/disable the HUD by clicking it, and you'll need to make the same changes to the MouseDown script for that texture.

I'm probably not remembering something I did. Hopefully 123Noob can point out any steps I missed. But basically, if you look at the xml in his custom file, you can find the ones he used for his HUD, and copy and paste them in over the one's used for the HUD in the RUIN settings you have saved in your profile.

I did make some of my own changes to the code to make things a tad prettier. 123Noobs event scripts only updated certain things when the hp/mp values changes, respectively. So if you were tabbing around targets that weren't damaged or taking damage, the MP bar never changed to the appropriate color until the target's mp value changed. I added the line that set the color to the onload section of the TargetManaBar, and now it updates immediately whenever I get a new target, and doesn't just wait for the OnEvent of mana changing.

Last edited by eternityshard : 01-13-06 at 10:41 AM.
01-13-06, 10:38 AM   #13
eternityshard
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Vinx Itak
Thanks for the screens !

So the only dependance is DART ?

(i'm currently using DUF alone)
DART makes the rings, but DUF is needed to put any text on the rings (like HP%, or mana points).
01-13-06, 11:50 AM   #14
Purify
A Defias Bandit
Thanks for the reply eternity. I will try your steps tonight when I get a chance. I'll let you know how it goes
01-13-06, 11:55 AM   #15
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Purify
Thx for the files Noob. I am currently using the stat rings from ruin's UI but I am having issues with them. I was going to try to install your rings instead. I downloaded your files and was wondering how I could add your rings to my existing dart profile. You readme points me back to the old discord forums for instructions on that process. Unfortunitely those aren't there anymore (to my knowledge). Could you please instruct me on how I should add your textures to my existing UI? Thx Again.
Sure but it'll be hard to understand because I have no good knowledge of explaining in understandable details. I'll try my best.

* First thing to notice from the DART lua file or any other mod lua is that you have to understand how each sections are divided out and separate from each other. In DART custom lua, each textures are seperated by their texture#.
- In your DART_Custom.lua file (downloaded ones or your current one in SavedVariables folder), they all look like this (this is for the custom.lua file). . .
Code:
   DART_CUSTOM_SETTINGS = {
   [1] = {
               ["strata"] = "BACKGROUND",
               . . .
               . . .
             },
           },
   [2] = { 
               ["strata"] = "BACKGROUND",
               . . .
               . . .
             },
           },
   etc...
with each [1] as in [#] indicates what texture# that one is and it'll end with two "},". So here's how you combine a custom setting from someone's over to your current one or vise versa.

1- Using either custom lua as your main (if others' then you have to load it in game, if your current on in SavedVariables folder, then you don't have to load, just save the file after you done editing).

2- As indicated which texture is which from above, you go over to the custom.lua you want to copy, higlight exactly which textures you want to copy over (remember to highlight from where the texture starts "[#]" to when the texture ends "}, },"

3- Copy/paste over to the one you going to use, and replace the [#] accordingly so you don't have two or three textures having same texture id#. You can also order them differently if you like.

4- save the file then go into game and see if it works. If not, then you must have either missed to copy one of the lines or having two or more textures with same id#. (if it happens, you will still have the .BAK file to redo it [only your custom.lua that is in SavedVariables folder, not the custom you downloaded])

5- Also, if you go into the game and see green squares even though you have done correctly, it's because you haven't import the textures in. So just go into your .lua file in the SavedVariables folder and search for your textures and go to where they show lines of imported textures and type/copy/paste down those lines with new textures and new imported textures id#. They should be somewhat right above or below the saved setting of your currently used one where you imported textures for that setting.

Hope that helps you or anyone else who would like to corporate two different custom.lua into one for DART.

Originally Posted by eternityshard
I did make some of my own changes to the code to make things a tad prettier. 123Noobs event scripts only updated certain things when the hp/mp values changes, respectively. So if you were tabbing around targets that weren't damaged or taking damage, the MP bar never changed to the appropriate color until the target's mp value changed. I added the line that set the color to the onload section of the TargetManaBar, and now it updates immediately whenever I get a new target, and doesn't just wait for the OnEvent of mana changing.
Oh I wasn't paying attention to that much , I saw it does it but was to lazy to add in.

Last edited by 123noob : 01-13-06 at 12:02 PM.
01-14-06, 05:54 AM   #16
Caranthir
A Defias Bandit
i have a problem, if i use tour DART_Custom.lua as is it works, but i use Serpent's Ruin textures so i edited my existent DART_Custom.lua and copied your file but i get this error:

Interface\AddOns\DiscordArt\DART_Custom.lua:19: unfinished string near ´"if unitExists("target") and muh==1 then'

it's all i get, i tried to copy my file over yours, yours over mine ecc
i also tried to copy each texture one by one but i always get this error, it must be something really stupid but i can't figure out what it is

thank u
01-14-06, 02:26 PM   #17
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Love this HUD! I love how it makes it so easy to see the HP w/out taking too much room.

123noob, I hope you don't mind, but I made some changes to it and thought I'd share it incase others wanted to use it.

I moved the backdrop for Player to Texture 2 and putting player mana to Texture 4. I made the HP and Mana bars children of their backdrops, making it easier to scale/work with. I increased the height from 180 to 210. Upped the scale to 150. I added text numbers as well to the Mana and HP; based off Croaker's HUD numbers. And I did some minor fixes with alpha channels (you had some bugs in that department) as well as fixed the issue where it wasn't update mana, rage, etc, on target change.

URL for download is: (link removed, download no longer valid nor is it updated)
Screen shot of what it looks like:
While in Catform (targeting self):
(no images)
(sorry, energy ticker not included)
Targeting a Warrior:
(no images)

Last edited by guice : 04-23-07 at 09:48 PM.
01-14-06, 03:31 PM   #18
Vangard
A Murloc Raider
Thank you for the link Guice. That solved one of the problems I had, but my version looks differently slightly. Mine has shadows under all the numbers (except for my own mana bar) which will make the mana text color hard to read. Any idea how to clear them?

I've scoured the script code in game, but cannot find what's causing the shadows.

Last edited by Vangard : 01-14-06 at 03:49 PM.
01-14-06, 04:19 PM   #19
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
I think it's the font face that's doing it. The text I have also has a dropshadow.
01-14-06, 04:21 PM   #20
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Caranthir
i have a problem, if i use tour DART_Custom.lua as is it works, but i use Serpent's Ruin textures so i edited my existent DART_Custom.lua and copied your file but i get this error:

Interface\AddOns\DiscordArt\DART_Custom.lua:19: unfinished string near ´"if unitExists("target") and muh==1 then'

it's all i get, i tried to copy my file over yours, yours over mine ecc
i also tried to copy each texture one by one but i always get this error, it must be something really stupid but i can't figure out what it is

thank u
Sorry, haven't been checking wowi for several days, been busy playing W3 and finishing my new layout.
As for your problem. You are missing something in there. In the custom.lua DART, whenever you "enter" to next line, you have this "\" as well as in front of """ there is "\"" and ";" there's "\;"
Try looking over the custom.lua you download and go to line 19 to compare it to the custom.lua that you had problem with at line 19 and see.
Originally Posted by guice
Love this HUD! I love how it makes it so easy to see the HP w/out taking too much room.

123noob, I hope you don't mind, but I made some changes to it and thought I'd share it incase others wanted to use it.

I moved the backdrop for Player to Texture 2 and putting player mana to Texture 4. I made the HP and Mana bars children of their backdrops, making it easier to scale/work with. I increased the height from 180 to 210. Upped the scale to 150. I added text numbers as well to the Mana and HP; based off Croaker's HUD numbers. And I did some minor fixes with alpha channels (you had some bugs in that department) as well as fixed the issue where it wasn't update mana, rage, etc, on target change.
No problem at all Guice. For the basic HUD using DART, all my purpose was to make the textures and stuff whereas the scriptings are all the same from the rest of any other HUD, it just depend on detail and stuff you want the scripts to do so it even better if anyone add in anything to make it more functional.

When you said there's some bug with the alphas, what were they? because I couldn't find any problem with the alpha.

Last edited by 123noob : 01-14-06 at 04:28 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Noob123 Dart custom textures