11-22-05, 11:40 AM   #1
Rabidelmo
A Murloc Raider
Is this a mod? (not sure where this goes)

I keep hearing people talk about a mod that shows who is talking on ventrilo. However I cant find it anywhere is this an actual mod?

Not sure if this goes in here... Maybe add a "what mod is this" category
11-22-05, 12:02 PM   #2
noraj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
thats not a mod i dont think thats an overlay for ventrilo try googling for ventrilo overlay
11-22-05, 02:12 PM   #3
DSanai
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Mods aren't allowed to interface with outside applications. It is indeed an Overlay you seek.

I use one for Teamspeak; it's an outside app that simply looks for, and writes to, the display of a DirectX or similar 3D window -- which WoW runs in (as do other games, such as Doom or Diablo -- so don't look specifically for a WoW app, it's just a Windows app).
11-22-05, 06:38 PM   #4
SFGnarr
A Kobold Labourer
I haven't seen a Ventrilo Overlay yet. Even googleing I find Teamspeak overlays only.

One of my guild mates are trying a program to watch Vent and possiblyt write values into the Savedvariables file, and display the info in a in-game mod. However from what he understands Mods only grab info inside a savedvariable file once it loads or is written to be the mod itself.

So my question is... is it possible to have a mod update it's list whenever someone logs on to the guild... or like on a timed interval even? If so then we could use that to read the new saved variable and the main client can update other member's mods from inside the game.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Is this a mod? (not sure where this goes)