04-25-09, 01:12 PM   #641
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That option has been in Praid for about a year.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
05-16-09, 04:11 AM   #642
Nanky
A Defias Bandit
Thumbs up Ideas + Tanking suggestions

Hey i was searching for a raidaddon like this! Love it!

Here is some ideas i had for optimizing it a lil bit:

1.: Option to switch the way of displaying the frames.. like:

[Name] [HP+MP] [Buff/Debuff] [MARK] [ENEMY TARGETING YOU/Tot]

----

- Name: Option to shorten the name (only show the first 4 letters or something like this)

- HP+MP Bar: Maybe a healing-inc notification (like a green border when heal is casted/somebody in the raid is casting on this player).
An option to add a really thin (a few px thick) bar on the bottom of every HP bar that shows Mana (green), Rage (red).. etc. + On stunn or silence (GREY or Something very good noticeable like PINK) so there is no "The healer was sleeping" anymore ;-)

- Buff/Debuff: Adding icons with tooltip instead of Abbreviations + the ability to sort the displaying and to put out the once you dont need to see. (will be a perfect way to avoid overwriting and to see whos got buffs like Vigilance etc. or to see special debuffs easier AND WITH STACKS (like a count next to it).

- Mark: Marks on players (a little bigger than the actual bar)

- Enemy Targeting You/tot: Sure dds need to see targets of targets for focusing and all that.. but a Tank.. NEEEDs to see the aggressor.. the guy whos giving the healer aggro! Sometimes theres 10 adds and 1 is about to one-hit the healer or mage.. a tank needs to react within a second!

- Whole bar: It should display the AGGRO the same way as X-Perl does. Just border the whole bar red.. or paint it red or something u cant miss in the corner of the eye.

Dono if thats sucking too much performance but what about a small arrow popping up (may in the position i got [MARK] now) on the bar of a out-of-range-player showing which way from you he is. That'll give a heal the ability to just REACT. (.. dd just tuck a 16k hit but is outta range.. gogogo.. lets see hmm where is he *look around*.. damn.. tuck another one)

Together with the enemy targeting you, call this raidframe imba ;-)

----

2.: the ability to put/copy players in additional "raidframes" so you can easily drag and drop a heal group and the tanking group.. or the Thorim-tunnel-group or what ever before a pull.

2+3.: As this addon (with that changes) could clearly be a must have in a guild (next to DBM, Omen etc.).. you could use an administrator option.
Everybody giving themselfs positions like MT, OT, DD+OT, MH, OH. Raidlead will be RL.
RL's can set up the arrangement, switching the groups, linking the healtargets, setting up a tankgroup, decurse group (+giving the group headlines), Changing the size of special debuffs in additional groups.

So a raidlead can easily enable or disable the GUILD MODE before a bossfight and run one of his presaved setups (like: XT Trash, Freya, Mimi, s3d25, Standard.. etc) and every player with GUILD MODE enabled will have his PerfectRaid automatically switched like the Raidlead just released.
But still can do small cosmetic changes.

= no "which one was the 3rd tank again?", "should i switch to healspec now or what?" anymore. + no need to push to talk on bossfights with mt switches (like Thorim or Kologarn) cause there is 2-3 tanks in the Tankframe and the Aggro'one is painted red.. dooh..

4.: a customization pack for optional download. That allows you to choose between bars, borders, textures, scales, fonts etc.

----

What do you think!?

Had that ideas when i compared raidframes. Needed to stick with PerfectRaid ;-)

Nanky

PerfectRaid @ Mimiron
05-16-09, 04:49 AM   #643
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Sorry, but what you propose would in no way be anything close to PerfectRaid anymore. If you'd like it, you're welcome to write your own unit frame addon.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
05-17-09, 02:55 AM   #644
Flawlless
A Murloc Raider
How about just the Mark then? I'd love having raid-marks in PerfectRaid.

either on the health-bar or between the buffs and the healthbar would be awesome.
05-17-09, 04:30 AM   #645
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
I've been planning to add that for a while, and there is actually quite a bit of code support already in the codebase to make it possible.
05-19-09, 07:40 PM   #646
ckrewt
A Defias Bandit
I am not sure if this has been mentioned before but would it be possible to make it so the users can define there "range" for the out of range shading of people, I absolutely love this mod but my healing range is larger than the out of range that the addon is set to and i have not found where to change the distance for this.
05-20-09, 12:24 AM   #647
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Not possible.. you can't check how far away a unit is from you programatically. If you want more control over it you can revert to a prior version of the range plugin.. it supported using a specific spell for your range check. This was, unfortunately, rather limited for the non-healing classes so I moved to the UnitInRange API, which Blizzard (for whatever reason) does not work as accurately as some might hope.
05-20-09, 02:53 AM   #648
ckrewt
A Defias Bandit
What version has the old range tracking and i will downgrade, Is there anyway to hardcore to range to something like 40yards?
05-20-09, 03:00 AM   #649
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
No, as I already said that is not possible using the WoW API.

Replace your PerfectRaid_Range.lua with this:

http://pastey.net/114587

and you should be able to configure by spell.
05-20-09, 09:59 PM   #650
ckrewt
A Defias Bandit
That worked perfectly! Maybe a future option would be to have users decide which range system to use Thank you for a great mod.
06-05-09, 03:39 AM   #651
Strandvaskeren
A Kobold Labourer
Sorting the list.

First I have to say, I'm a HUGE fan of praid and clique, thank you for creating such brilliant tools. I've been raid healing with it for a couple of years and wouldn't miss it for the world.

Is there any way to change the order of the list? In a 25 man raid with a warrior, druid and pala tank it would be great if I could move those three people to the top of the list. I know I can have praid sort after groups and ask the raid leader to make the tanks number 1, 2 and 3 in Group 1, but it would be nifty if I could unlock praid and drag them to the top or something like that.

I would also like a "reload" option. Sometimes when people are replaced praid goofs a bit when the raid leader rearranges the groups. After a wipe in naxx praid sometimes shows people as dead even if they are standing next to me with full health. Once they are buffed and get a little more health the bars turn green. I normally fix it by doing a /reload, but it would be clever if I didn't have to reload my entire UI but could just do a "/praid reload" or something along those lines.

Thx in advance and a big /hug for all the effort!
06-05-09, 03:53 AM   #652
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Strandvaskeren View Post
First I have to say, I'm a HUGE fan of praid and clique, thank you for creating such brilliant tools. I've been raid healing with it for a couple of years and wouldn't miss it for the world.

Is there any way to change the order of the list? In a 25 man raid with a warrior, druid and pala tank it would be great if I could move those three people to the top of the list. I know I can have praid sort after groups and ask the raid leader to make the tanks number 1, 2 and 3 in Group 1, but it would be nifty if I could unlock praid and drag them to the top or something like that.
The raid leader can set them as tanks, and you can have a main tank frame. PerfectRaid does not (in the options) support filtering by name at the moment, the only real way this can be accomplished.

I would also like a "reload" option. Sometimes when people are replaced praid goofs a bit when the raid leader rearranges the groups. After a wipe in naxx praid sometimes shows people as dead even if they are standing next to me with full health. Once they are buffed and get a little more health the bars turn green. I normally fix it by doing a /reload, but it would be clever if I didn't have to reload my entire UI but could just do a "/praid reload" or something along those lines.
If /reload works, I would suggest that. I don't plan on making any massive changes to PerfectRaid until the next major revamp, which requires quite a bit of my time.

Thanks!
06-10-09, 06:47 PM   #653
Dave2600
A Defias Bandit
If I ever accidentally click on a frame with the shift button held down, it gets stuck to my cursor so that I can't click on anything and I have to cntrl-alt-delete WoW. what am I supposed to do, and is there a way to remove this feature?
06-10-09, 07:14 PM   #654
Dave2600
A Defias Bandit
Actually, it doesn't only do this when I hold down the shift button, it does it constantly.
06-10-09, 08:02 PM   #655
Dave2600
A Defias Bandit
Oh and is there a way to get it to show the icons of all the debuffs rather than words?
06-11-09, 01:28 AM   #656
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Dave2600 View Post
If I ever accidentally click on a frame with the shift button held down, it gets stuck to my cursor so that I can't click on anything and I have to cntrl-alt-delete WoW. what am I supposed to do, and is there a way to remove this feature?
Lock your frames.

Originally Posted by Dave2600 View Post
Oh and is there a way to get it to show the icons of all the debuffs rather than words?
No.
07-05-09, 01:50 PM   #657
Jooze
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Is there any way to change the inrange Alpha to only affect players who don't have full health and are in range instead of simply anyone who is in range?

Would be pretty useful for healing.
07-05-09, 03:03 PM   #658
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
You could certainly edit the code to do this, but you'd also want to tie it into aggro. Having a tank fade out because he's at full is a bad thing for a healer, imo. You'd need to edit the code to accomplish any of this.
07-13-09, 12:44 PM   #659
the_agent_1
A Murloc Raider
there's a "problem" with players beeing in vehicles/drakes
for example in oculus you still see the players lifebar instead of the drakes... would it be possible to modify it to display the drakes life?
07-14-09, 04:34 AM   #660
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
It's not a simple change that I have a chance to test right now. Yes, I would like this, but no I have no been able to do anything with it.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » PerfectRaid 2.0 Discussion/Help