09-02-08, 09:15 PM   #21
Dimencia
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Howlsatmoonlight View Post
I am guessing no codes have gone out, since I have not received mine either. And while I do not agree with some choices over others, it seems like they chose first based on original vs screenshot manipulation, but I could be wrong. Dimencia, if it were up to me you would have won for 'Gnomes Gone Wild', that one had me laughing my butt off the first time I saw it.

i know i am working on a move to go along with it right now lol and nah alot of screenshot manipilations won and im not even really bitter about me not winning but even Iolanthe not winning over some of them

09-02-08, 09:15 PM   #22
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
For those of you thinking there was any bias in our selections and are sore that you did not win, please just do not go there.

Each staff member picked their top 20, based on the rules of the contest, the delivery of the comic, the humor, and the subject of the comic. Not all entries followed the rules of the contest, and we also had to keep in mind if it would be something we would want to display on our site in the future.

Once all staff members submitted their votes, we tallied them up, and these are the top 20. We gave you a chance to win these codes, please do not insult us with accusations of favoritism.

And congratulations to the winners. I thoroughly enjoyed them.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-02-08, 09:18 PM   #23
Dimencia
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
calls em likes i sees em

09-02-08, 09:26 PM   #24
Dimencia
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I am guessing no codes have gone out, since I have not received mine either. And while I do not agree with some choices over others, it seems like they chose first based on original vs screenshot manipulation, but I could be wrong. Dimencia, if it were up to me you would have won for 'Gnomes Gone Wild', that one had me laughing my butt off the first time I saw it.

quoted again to show its just not the losers that think this

09-02-08, 09:27 PM   #25
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
I'm sorry I did not like any of your submissions Dimencia otherwise I would have voted for one. You did take the effort to make some comics and for that I commend you.

Some comics I voted for the story even though the artwork wasnt that good, others I voted for the art work but the story wasnt that great. I dont really know many authors or people as I'm a behind the scenes guy so there was no bias for me. /shrug

Last edited by Dolby : 09-02-08 at 09:30 PM.

09-02-08, 09:32 PM   #26
Iolanthe
An Aku'mai Servant

Congrats to all the winners, and thank you for honorable mention I admit to be a bit disappointed not to be able to get a Tyrael code, but I wasn't convinced that I'd win anything at all, heh. But good entries all around! There was a lot of good competition in there.

09-02-08, 09:33 PM   #27
Dimencia
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
I'm sorry I did not like any of your submissions Dimencia otherwise I would have voted for one. You did take the effort to make some comics and for that I commend you.

oh well cant fight the power and please remove my comic post they are just dead links now I dont keep my work online when not being used too easy for people to rip them off and take credit

back to wowmatrix with me

and grats again to the people that really won on the list you guys rock

09-02-08, 09:43 PM   #28
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Let's see here:

Rules:
  • <snip>
  • Your comic must be PG13
  • Your comic must not violate any of Blizzard's or WoWInterface's site rules, ToU, EULA or CoC.
  • It should be appropriate to the site (you know, having to do with, like, UIs and stuff )
  • <snip>
Dimencia's first entry - has nothing to do with UIs, not PG-13
second entry - has nothing to do with UIs
third entry - talks about hacks, violation of Blizz EULA/ToU. Yes, we realize it was a joke, but it's still not something we can give even the appearance of supporting by allowing it to win
fourth entry - didn't happen to get enough votes. Guess what, that happens

Shall I also point out that I sent you a PM after your very first entry telling you that it didn't meet the rules?

Look guys, we had 7 different people pick their top 20 favourites. Some voted for one, some voted for another. The ones with the most votes won. How is that unfair? How is that favouritism? Just because you are upset that you didn't win, doesn't make the results invalid. For pity's sake, you'd think that if there was favouritism I'd have given my own Mom a win.

And people wonder why sites get to the point that they just throw their hands up in the air and say "screw it" and never hold another contest ....

Last edited by Cairenn : 09-03-08 at 01:11 AM.

09-02-08, 09:45 PM   #29
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by chauronity View Post
aww thats a shame, were there anythings in particular you didnt like about my entries?

congrats to all winners btw
I liked this one of yours chauronity and it did get my vote http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...1&postcount=52. It had a simple funny story with good art work imo.

The others I found either a little confusing or not really on topic. Either way you had at least my vote if that means anything.

Last edited by Dolby : 09-02-08 at 09:54 PM.

09-02-08, 09:47 PM   #30
Arathius
A Fallenroot Satyr
To those thinking that there was bias in the contest, I think I should be proof enough that there wasn't, I mean my comic was the first post I have ever made on this board, I know absolutely no one on here, and I don't know the first thing about making an add on, in fact it was barely over a month ago that I started using them. I understand the frustration of losing, hell I've lost countless contests over this last month, but there isn't anyone to blame here.

09-02-08, 09:49 PM   #31
Nechckn
Premium Member

Premium Member
Featured
All,

Not really sure as to any sort of favoritism- no matter what has been done in the past by other sites, know that the folks at WoWI have always been very even handed and fair.

From what I can find as far as rules go, there is no reason why anyone would have been ineligible to enter- this, in particular, was not only a contest for a beta key, but for a TCG card as well.

Let us all keep in mind that humor is quite subjective and any sort of judging is difficult, to say the very least.

Regardless, congratulations to all of the winners and thank you to all who entered for providing some great stress relief!

Nikk

09-02-08, 09:55 PM   #32
Howlsatmoonlight
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Arathius View Post
To those thinking that there was bias in the contest, I think I should be proof enough that there wasn't, I mean my comic was the first post I have ever made on this board, I know absolutely no one on here, and I don't know the first thing about making an add on, in fact it was barely over a month ago that I started using them. I understand the frustration of losing, hell I've lost countless contests over this last month, but there isn't anyone to blame here.
Very true, I myself had never used WoWinterface until I was told of the contest. Also, as Nechckn pointed out, humor is subjective, and while I thought some were funnier than others, I also seemed to have forgotten to view them in light of the rules, which makes it a good thing I wasn't one of the people voting :P

09-02-08, 09:58 PM   #33
Hanakabo17
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Ah, well...i sincerely wish that my comics could have at least been in good enough quality to be readable. The horror of realizing how crappy your comic looks after uploading is an incomparable horror to say in the least. guess im gonna wait to start my death knight with the 2 thousand other people on Dragonmaw

09-02-08, 10:12 PM   #34
Howlsatmoonlight
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
And people wonder why sites get to the point that they just throw their hands up in the air and say "screw it" and never hold another contest ....

I think that while it is frustrating to some, we all appreciated the work put into the contest by the staff at Wowinterface. We all need to realize that without contests like this, none of us would have a chance, no matter how slim.

09-02-08, 10:14 PM   #35
AcidRain
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I think that while it is frustrating to some, we all appreciated the work put into the contest by the staff at Wowinterface. We all need to realize that without contests like this, none of us would have a chance, no matter how slim.
I also wish to thank the admins and mods here at WoWInterface for holding and organizing this contest. I'm sure it was more work that it was worth :P

09-02-08, 10:18 PM   #36
Undel
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Also, for those wondering why they haven't seen their PM yet ... I'm working on it, it takes a while to type in each code.
*scampers franticly in uneven circles*

09-02-08, 10:18 PM   #37
Iolanthe
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by AcidRain View Post
I also wish to thank the admins and mods here at WoWInterface for holding and organizing this contest. I'm sure it was more work that it was worth :P
Indeed! I second this thank-you. You guys did a great job organizing this.

09-02-08, 10:35 PM   #38
Arathius
A Fallenroot Satyr
This contest was indeed very fun whether there was an unfair ruling or not. I had a lot of fun making my first two comics, and it will likely not be the last time I make one. I thank you all for the experience, I hope to see another contest like this one in the future.

From what I can find as far as rules go, there is no reason why anyone would have been ineligible to enter- this, in particular, was not only a contest for a beta key, but for a TCG card as well.
It wasn't a tcg card, its actually an exclusive pet given from a convention that was held in Paris I believe.

09-02-08, 10:44 PM   #39
Eberict
A Murloc Raider

Oh wow! Thanks for giving me this opportunity and for selecting my entry, . I'm glad you enjoyed my poking fun at my daily real life situation. As an aside, recall how I mentioned my router would explode in the Discussion Thread? As it turns out, my major gaming computer exploded instead! The PSU leaked capacitor fluid all over, and my hands stung, and became numb, and I had to stand by the sink with my hands in water for fifteen minutes. Undel can attest, she was talking to me while I was like, "WHAT IS THIS GOO?!"

Ahhh. Lesson learned for today? Don't tempt fate.

Mini-Tyrael will make me feel better on this spare computer while I wait for my parts to return from warranty replacement. Congratulations to everyone else, I thought there was a lot of great talent in this competition.

09-02-08, 11:04 PM   #40
Silh
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Congrats to all the winners, and a salute to everyone else who entered as well. Thanks to all the wowinterface guys for running this.

Now to figure out where to fit mini-T in my bags which are already stuffed with pets and the masses of druid gear...

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » Comic Contest Winners!