11-16-05, 06:02 AM   #1
Ravendwyr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Localized Notes in the Toc

Hello.

Would it be possible to write different notes and specify the language in WoW UI Des? What I mean is, write the notes in different languages and the specified language creates a seperate .toc field.

Here's an example of what I mean, taken from MapNotes.toc:
## Notes: Adds a note system to the World Map
## Notes-deDE: Ermöglicht es Notizen auf der Karte zu platzieren
## Notes-enUS: Adds a note system to the World Map
## Notes-frFR: Ajoute la possibilité de créer des annotations sur votre carte du mondes

This will force WoW to show the notes in that language. For example, if you play on the German Client, the notes shown in the tooltip in the AddOns box will read "Ermöglicht es Notizen auf der Karte zu platzieren", while French clients will have "Ajoute la possibilité de créer des annotations sur votre carte du mondes" shown in the tooltip.
12-07-05, 04:51 PM   #2
mercdev
A Fallenroot Satyr

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Dark Imakuni
Hello.

Would it be possible to write different notes and specify the language in WoW UI Des? What I mean is, write the notes in different languages and the specified language creates a seperate .toc field.

Here's an example of what I mean, taken from MapNotes.toc:
## Notes: Adds a note system to the World Map
## Notes-deDE: Ermöglicht es Notizen auf der Karte zu platzieren
## Notes-enUS: Adds a note system to the World Map
## Notes-frFR: Ajoute la possibilité de créer des annotations sur votre carte du mondes

This will force WoW to show the notes in that language. For example, if you play on the German Client, the notes shown in the tooltip in the AddOns box will read "Ermöglicht es Notizen auf der Karte zu platzieren", while French clients will have "Ajoute la possibilité de créer des annotations sur votre carte du mondes" shown in the tooltip.
This is done when you change the language selection dropdown from enUS. In your example, changing the language to "deDE" and typing "Ermöglicht es Notizen auf der Karte zu platzieren" in the description box would create a corresponding "## Notes-deDE: Ermöglicht es Notizen auf der Karte zu platzieren" entry on the project (.toc) file.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Localized Notes in the Toc