05-13-09, 11:14 PM   #1321
Vyper
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by us2006027321 View Post
If you're curious as to why I haven't come out with my epic post of awesomeness, it's because one of the three parties involved in this fiasco (I'll leave you to your intellect as to who that was) requested that I not make my post. Incidentally, not long after that, WoWMatrix posted their FAQ.

I don't like being told what to do, and I now know who's side I'm on for certain.

You want fear, uncertainty, and doubt? You got it.
I recognize that you have reasons for not posting, and may not be able to share all your information with us, but I do have one question. Without going into specifics can you tell us how close WoWMatrix's "FAQs" matched the answers they gave you? I am quite curious.
05-14-09, 09:54 AM   #1322
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Vyper View Post
I recognize that you have reasons for not posting, and may not be able to share all your information with us, but I do have one question. Without going into specifics can you tell us how close WoWMatrix's "FAQs" matched the answers they gave you? I am quite curious.
I am legally bound to inform you that everything I am about to say is purely speculative. To that end, consider yourselves so informed. When I began asking WM the questions I did, I began getting a lot of answers I don't think they intended to share with me. I think it dawned on them about two-thirds of the way through the investigative process that they had over-shared certain pieces of information, and the questions I was asking were leading to conclusions that would likely not have shown them in... a light they favored. In an effort to not let go of the contact I had, I was possibly more transparent with them than I needed to be (even if only a little), and they saw the need to keep themselves in good press. It comes down to the idea that they were releasing nothing to the public, it was making them look bad, too many people were asking too many of the wrong kind of questions, they were drawing too many conclusions, and they absolutely needed to make something public before people started comparing notes on what was being said privately. I would not be surprised to hear that they are scouting the site and watching everything that gets said here. Their FAQ does the amazing job of making any information I would release look like I was twisting their words against them in the name of being a crusader for WoWI and CC.

Right now, they're playing an amazing game of plausible deniability. There is a *ton* of legal bs (to be nearly as frank as I'd like) that keeps this situation messy, and because WoWI and CC can't fully disclose everything that's happening, in an objective reader's eyes, the most rational conclusion is that the scenario is one company's word against another's.

Of course, I seek in no way to make any direct allegations against them. I'm just shedding light on my perspective of the situation as a well-informed WM user. (...which I still am by the way. Where's that updater, Cairenn?! LoL)

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
So does this mean you are acquiescing to their "request"?
Inasmuch as I am required to, I most certainly am. I'm sure I don't have to explain that too much more clearly.

Originally Posted by Vrul View Post
FAQ = Fraudulently Answered Questions, they just had a couple typos in the title of that page.
Vrul ftw.

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Hrmm... I know he didn't say as much, but I think their FAQ pissed him off, too. Hence this:
That's true twice. Yes, I am included in the number of people experiencing aggravation as a direct result of their release of that... phenominal... FAQ, and yes, that FAQ is added to the list of things they have done that seem less than forthright to those with a more balanced and informed perspective of the situation.

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Hope everything is okay...
To digress, I am doing well for my circumstances. I'm still looking for work, and I have yet to find any, thought this long string of unemployment is going to help me a lot when I file for my FAFSA and start school. I'm old enough that my parents' incomes won't count against me when I file. I've been unemployed since October of last year, and I was only employed for a few months out of the year, so that lack of income is going to help me out quite a bit. I don't like that I survive at the mercy of those around me, but I like that the people who surround me can be trusted to that end. A lot of people in my social circle are experiencing tough times in a variety of ways, and it has been nothing short of encouraging to watch all of us draw together over the last year in trust and dignity to help each other out in every way we are able.

(I just thought I'd share something a bit positive and realistic with all of you. I like to see at least some ray of sunshine in the middle of ridiculous nonsense. )

Last edited by us2006027321 : 05-14-09 at 10:24 AM.
05-14-09, 11:06 AM   #1323
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

To digress, I am doing well for my circumstances. I'm still looking for work, and I have yet to find any, thought this long string of unemployment is going to help me a lot when I file for my FAFSA and start school. I'm old enough that my parents' incomes won't count against me when I file. I've been unemployed since October of last year, and I was only employed for a few months out of the year, so that lack of income is going to help me out quite a bit. I don't like that I survive at the mercy of those around me, but I like that the people who surround me can be trusted to that end. A lot of people in my social circle are experiencing tough times in a variety of ways, and it has been nothing short of encouraging to watch all of us draw together over the last year in trust and dignity to help each other out in every way we are able.
I, too was unemployed for an extended period starting in November and ending last month. In my case it was my own fault. I just felt that my job had gotten too dangerous and it was time to go. This is, of course, just before the economy landed in the crapper and made it one of the more stupid decisions of my life. Anyway, I'm now working as a cab driver. And yes, believe it or not, my last job was indeed more dangerous than being a cab driver. My point is things get better. I'm glad you and I both had people to help us to get through the toughest of times, both here and in "real life". Once again, really glad to have you back. Keep the faith.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
05-14-09, 03:41 PM   #1324
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Guys, you're heading very quickly past the line again.

2. No slander. Don't come here and slam/flame anyone/thing.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
05-14-09, 04:26 PM   #1325
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Is the line moving, or did someone slip me a roofie?
05-14-09, 04:43 PM   #1326
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
Is the line moving, or did someone slip me a roofie?
Yes.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
05-14-09, 04:53 PM   #1327
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

Schrodinger's Line. You don't know if you've past it or not until someone draws it.

Also they have to kill a cat.
05-14-09, 05:35 PM   #1328
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Tekkub View Post
Schrodinger's Line. You don't know if you've past it or not until someone draws it.

Also they have to kill a cat.
Do kittens count? Kittens are evil.
05-14-09, 06:16 PM   #1329
Silh
A Fallenroot Satyr

Noooo... no killing kitties!

(<- druid)
05-14-09, 07:19 PM   #1330
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Silh View Post
Noooo... no killing kitties!

(<- druid)
As I am a Mage, I have to say that kitten sacrifices appease me.

05-14-09, 09:12 PM   #1331
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

As I am a Mage, I have to say that kitten sacrifices appease me.
Cant say im in to the sacrifices. Punting however is fun. Bonus points for flips and distance over 20 feet.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
05-15-09, 12:36 AM   #1332
Tuhljin
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Don't kill the kitty! You'll double Kel'Thuzad's hit points! Or was it make him deal double damage? ...
05-15-09, 12:44 AM   #1333
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 View Post
Cant say im in to the sacrifices. Punting however is fun. Bonus points for flips and distance over 20 feet.
If any of my followers would like to somehow work this into the sacrifice process, you'll get extra credit in my appeasement process.

05-15-09, 06:57 PM   #1334
Gako
A Fallenroot Satyr

0_0 thats quite a list.
05-18-09, 07:39 PM   #1335
Jalandar
A Cliff Giant
I don't like being told what to do, and I now know who's side I'm on for certain.
There was never any doubt of which side you were on from the start....
05-18-09, 07:49 PM   #1336
Jalandar
A Cliff Giant
I am legally bound to inform you that everything I am about to say is purely speculative. To that end, consider yourselves so informed. When I began asking WM the questions I did, I began getting a lot of answers I don't think they intended to share with me.
sorry, but I have to call bogus on this entire thing.

Frankly, your explanation doesn't pass the smell test.

WM cannot stop you from sharing information they shared with you absent them making you sign a non-disclosure agreement.

Just like when I've posted letters from people critical of a particular group I am the administrator of, and the numerous threats they have made via email, I do not need their permission to post those emails. Even if in the email they state I do not have permission to publish or disclose, I do in fact have that right.

And then you imply that there are things Curse and WoWI can't disclose either, for legal reasons, and just start to get way out there, and far from reality.

Sorry, but this just doesn't sound at all believable or credible.

Now, all of that said, in response to your personal situation, let me express my empathy. I sincerely hope that you find work, or that your situation improves. I think everyone here knows people who are also having a tough time in these present circumstances, and I sincerely hope that they get better for you, and for everyone else they are impacting (including myself, but not to the degree they are effecting you).
05-18-09, 07:58 PM   #1337
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

Originally Posted by Jalandar View Post
sorry, but I have to call bogus on this entire thing.

Frankly, your explanation doesn't pass the smell test.

WM cannot stop you from sharing information they shared with you absent them making you sign a non-disclosure agreement.
They can't but they can still pursue legal action. Wheter they have a solid legal reason to pursue legal action is another matter entirely (eg defamation)
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
05-18-09, 08:10 PM   #1338
Jalandar
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by honem View Post
They can't but they can still pursue legal action. Wheter they have a solid legal reason to pursue legal action is another matter entirely (eg defamation)
Not likely. The downside is way too big if the lawsuit is determined to be a SLAPP (Strategic lawsuit against public participation). Just ask Barbra Streisand, who got hit with a SLAPP ruling for her attempt to file a frivilous 50 million dollar lawsuit against an environmental group in an effort to force them to give in to her demands rather than fight her.
05-19-09, 08:06 AM   #1339
Slakah
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by honem View Post
Is this the first 1337 post on WoWI? If so I'm a bit disappointed I might just go delete 2 of my earlier posts .
05-19-09, 09:44 AM   #1340
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

Originally Posted by Slakah View Post
Is this the first 1337 post on WoWI? If so I'm a bit disappointed I might just go delete 2 of my earlier posts .
First leet thread in this thread maybe.

Score !
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » WoWInterface and Curse working together to help protect authors and other site-users