12-02-10, 05:45 PM   #1
Fathersin
A Cyclonian

grabbing nodes for DB other then what your farming question.

At one point I remember carbonite being able to remember a node by simply right clicking it. however I'm kinda fuzzy about this cause this was back when I paid the monthly fee for this mod and had just recently converted from gatherer to give you an idea how long ago.

today I noticed I couldn't do that. Was this removed? Or disable due to api changes? If not the latter can it be redone. Every time I pass an herb or mining node it makes me cry a little inside as I'm riding away from it.

Last edited by Fathersin : 12-02-10 at 05:46 PM. Reason: edie title to display better summary

12-04-10, 07:28 PM   #2
richwarf
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Since the world gone bang with 4.0.3a, all notes, motes, quests and so on have moved. This data is being collected by each user using the addon. Check the stickieys for more info about this.

*makes a note of yet another person who cant read the stickieys at the top of the boards*

12-05-10, 12:26 AM   #3
Fathersin
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by richwarf View Post
Since the world gone bang with 4.0.3a, all notes, motes, quests and so on have moved. This data is being collected by each user using the addon. Check the stickieys for more info about this.

*makes a note of yet another person who cant read the stickieys at the top of the boards*
you should read more carefully

I'm well aware that the nodes are removed. As I have been gathering the nodes to the areas to submit. The question was NOT where are the nodes. The question had to do with placing the nodes in the local cache via clicking on them without having the skill...

**makes note of yet another moron who doesn't comprehend the written form of the english language**

P.S. yes i'm an ass. and no I don't care.

Last edited by Fathersin : 12-05-10 at 12:33 AM. Reason: typo fix and Post script add

12-05-10, 11:22 AM   #4
richwarf
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Fathersin View Post
you should read more carefully

I'm well aware that the nodes are removed. As I have been gathering the nodes to the areas to submit. The question was NOT where are the nodes. The question had to do with placing the nodes in the local cache via clicking on them without having the skill...

**makes note of yet another moron who doesn't comprehend the written form of the english language**

P.S. yes i'm an ass. and no I don't care.
My bad, I miss read what you had to say.

P.S. I know my spelling sucks, i have reasons for that that i am not willing to go over.

P.S.S. I also an ass, but i do care (some times)

12-05-10, 01:30 PM   #5
Fathersin
A Cyclonian

I never questioned your spelling. as I am not perfect there myself. I questioned your ability to comprehened.

I've used this site for a good while and i don't generally post unless i don't find what I'm looking for or happen to have an answer to someone else s quarry. hence the 10ish posts in 5 years. (give or take a few months) which might tend to lead someone to think i happen to read.

grant it, a previous question i asked out of laziness. but seriously, who wants to read, string together , and figure what's relevant of 7 months of posts after a break (which i clearly stated) for a 5 second answer or point in the right direction. (which now that i reflect on it was done, however vaguely)
enough digressing... /soapbox

now I'll sit here quietly and hope i get an answer to the subject that this originally started as.

12-06-10, 04:00 AM   #6
Jigain
A Molten Giant

I believe Carbonite can't register a node until you've fully harvested it.

Of course, I can't be certain about how Carbonite adds nodes, but I would imagine the actual node-creating process starts with casting the "spell" that harvests the mining or herbalism node, and ends with the looting of the contents.

For example, say I run into a Wild Steelbloom node, and I can't harvest it yet. The harvest "spell" doesn't work, Carbonite doesn't trigger... and even if it would, it'd have no clue what kind of node to put down.

I return fifteen minutes later with a high enough skill, and the "spell" works as it should. I recieve loot: [Wild Steelbloom]x2, which Carbonite registers and puts a node where I'm standing.

12-06-10, 08:44 AM   #7
Fathersin
A Cyclonian

yar i can see where that would explain the current DB tracking. i just could have sworn at one time it picked up the node without casting a spell so to speak. was it a change by blizzard, by carbonite, or just simply my imagination and confusion with gatherer/gathermate?

12-10-10, 10:03 PM   #8
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It may have worked like that before, but the events the game generates have changed over time and it seems like it won't work like that anymore. I'll check it when I do some node testing later.

12-10-10, 11:38 PM   #9
Fathersin
A Cyclonian

sorry i couldn't be more helpful in working the code out for it. i think i'm behind about a year or so on api changes. and to be honest i'm not looking forward to learning them and rewriting my old ui. at one point carbonite was the only outside mod i had :P

but tbh it would be super helpful marking those nodes for alts.

12-11-10, 08:37 AM   #10
Resa1983
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
It may have worked like that before, but the events the game generates have changed over time and it seems like it won't work like that anymore. I'll check it when I do some node testing later.
With Gatherer you can still hit a node you can't farm yourself, and add it to your db and send to your guildmates. I've been doing this while herbing, and sending mining nodes to guildies as almost all of them run Gatherer. I'd love to see this in Carbonite as I really do love this addon.

The addon's great, and this issue is the only reason I don't use the node option in Carbonite.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » grabbing nodes for DB other then what your farming question.