01-05-07, 02:38 AM   #121
Gungolf
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Kesshi
Let me just say how wonderful of a utility Perfect Raid is for me. I was able to configure it to display a great big red WW next to the person or persons who were Web Wrapped durring the Maexxna fight. Not only that, the GUI is so user friendly that I was able to set it up IN THE MIDDLE OF COMBAT.
Yeah, that's just what I did with Buru's "Dismember". Added the config, hit "Apply" just to see the red "Dis" on a mage too late too heal. A second later he was dead, duh.
01-05-07, 03:38 AM   #122
Needa
A Defias Bandit
Great addon, I have sent you the correct german localization by e-mail.
01-05-07, 03:41 AM   #123
koleraLS
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
The error message I got at login is:

Interface\addons\perfectraid\dongle.lua:812: you must call 'registered event' from a registered dongle.

praid ver 0[1].1.3-beta
clique 2[1].3.1
01-05-07, 04:05 AM   #124
Gungolf
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by koleraLS
The error message I got at login is:

Interface\addons\perfectraid\dongle.lua:812: you must call 'registered event' from a registered dongle.

praid ver 0[1].1.3-beta
clique 2[1].3.1
I don't use Clique, but as "update Clique!" is written all over all PerfectRaid-threads (i.e. if you actually read what is written), I'd go and update Clique (which is version 2.3.3 (which is > 2.3.1 that you have).
01-05-07, 04:47 AM   #125
koleraLS
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Gungolf
I don't use Clique, but as "update Clique!" is written all over all PerfectRaid-threads (i.e. if you actually read what is written), I'd go and update Clique (which is version 2.3.3 (which is > 2.3.1 that you have).
If you'd read my original post you'd know I DL and setup both clique and praid at the same time, then updated praid wghile there was at the time no new clique up, so basically you can keep your RTFM answer and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

That said, it seems that no I'm not up to date on clique now, so a simple and polite answer to the same would' have been sufficient. thanks all the same.
01-05-07, 04:57 AM   #126
Gungolf
A Fallenroot Satyr
I'm glad that you do RTFM, but as you can find people every other post on this forum who don't RTFM it really makes you wanting to be impolite. Sorry for that. As you stated your versions I should have recognized you as a savvy person, but as there actually was a more recent version than yours... Whatever, if it works now - perfect!
01-05-07, 07:17 AM   #127
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Cladhaire,

Let me just say how wonderful of a utility Perfect Raid is for me. I was able to configure it to display a great big red WW next to the person or persons who were Web Wrapped durring the Maexxna fight. Not only that, the GUI is so user friendly that I was able to set it up IN THE MIDDLE OF COMBAT.

During the fight I got the exact text of the debuff (Web Wrap) and put that into a newly created Buff/Debuff condition, checked "all" setup the display to WW and changed the color to bright red all in under 15 seconds.

I am very impressed with Perfect Raid. Thank you so very much for this wonderful easy to use and more importantly easy to customize add-on! PerfectRaid is, by far, the best add-on I've ever used.

Attached is the easy-to-make Web Wrap warning for anyone interested.
This is great to hear, and exactly the reason I created the buff features this way.. so you can easily adapt to what you need in a new encounter. You will continue being able to edit most features in combat.. but certain things (like scaling, layout, new frames, etc) will be locked down when in combat due to Blizzard restrictions. Buffs will always be fair game =)
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
01-05-07, 08:00 AM   #128
Ceph
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Clad, the file you posted is down.... 404 error.
01-05-07, 08:05 AM   #129
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Oh yeah, I updated with a diff localization file:

http://dump.brokendreams.net/files/P...-0.2.2-PRE.zip
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."

Last edited by Cladhaire : 01-05-07 at 08:23 AM.
01-05-07, 10:29 AM   #130
Laag
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by bacon
So here's the situation: you have multiple tanks (or folks thinking they are tanks) taking damage over a long period of time. You want to make sure that your renew is on them. Sure you could use a HoT timer mod, scan it and figure out who's missing then throw renews up on your targets if they need them. But wouldn't it be 100x easier for perfectraid to show you which targets have *your* renew on them so you can throw renews on targets that don't? Basically what I'm looking for is the functionality of GridStatusHots.

In my opinion, with the new HoT mechanics in WOW 2.0 this is a serious problem. I don't care if this isn't a core function of perfectraid (though I truly believe every healer with a HoT would greatly benefit from it), but I really need this functionality and I think many folks would agree. If there's a way to add the functionality in similar to the way GridStatusHots does for grid, I'd be just as happy.
I'd like to jump in to at least partially echo this sentiment. It's nearly useless to see that a target has ANY renew, rejuvenation, etc on it. And seeing the number of each of those spells is only a little better. What every healer is really concerned with is whether or not MY renew, rejuvenation, etc is on the target.
01-05-07, 10:45 AM   #131
Ceph
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
afaik, there is no possibility to check who a buff on a group member "belongs to".

hmm but one thing we know about HoTs is, how long the endure. maybe it is possible to assume that the HoT is not removed by some enemy's spell, and display it locally - based on the point of time it was casted. when the effect fades (the HoT is over - we know how long it endures!), removed it from display... this could be kind of a workaround that wouldn't require querying the target's buffs. dunno if it is possible.
01-05-07, 10:46 AM   #132
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Laag
I'd like to jump in to at least partially echo this sentiment. It's nearly useless to see that a target has ANY renew, rejuvenation, etc on it. And seeing the number of each of those spells is only a little better. What every healer is really concerned with is whether or not MY renew, rejuvenation, etc is on the target.
You completely underestimate whats necessary to track us casting a HoT spell. Its non-trivial. I don't think it'll be going into the core. The notifications are there so healers can see whats on a tank (Which is useful), and for druids to see whats available to swiftmend. I know what you want, but its non-trivial, and I'm not sure it'll end up in the core. I'll continue researching.

It's nearly useless to see that a target has ANY renew, rejuvenation, etc on it.
This is a false statement. Healing someone who has three rejuvenations and a renew is completely different from healing someone with no hots, or being unable to see them.
01-05-07, 10:49 AM   #133
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Ceph
afaik, there is no possibility to check who a buff on a group member "belongs to".

hmm but one thing we know about HoTs is, how long the endure. maybe it is possible to assume that the HoT is not removed by some enemy's spell, and display it locally - based on the point of time it was casted. when the effect fades (the HoT is over - we know how long it endures!), removed it from display... this could be kind of a workaround that wouldn't require querying the target's buffs. dunno if it is possible.
Correct, we have no way to obtain who has cast what spell, and how long the spell has left on it. This information cannot be displayed.

We _can_ track when we cast a spell, and how long IT has on it, but with things like swifmend and dispel magic, it makes them virtually useless for PerfectRaid.
01-05-07, 11:08 AM   #134
krinla
A Fallenroot Satyr

I would like to see and option to display a message only if the members of my group don't have a buff. That would work out well for Shaman totem managment.
It would be nice to check certain groups too - like I'm assigned to fort groups 6 and 7 all night, but I get moved to group 5. I also want to set up praid in one column by class with the group numbers like it was before:

3-warrior name[HP bar] debuffs
6-warrior name[HP bar] missing buffs/debuffs
7-priest name[HP bar]missing buffs/debuffs
etc.

thanks

Edit: I know the other setups are coming, didn't mean to ask about that - just explaining why checking certain groups would help.

Last edited by krinla : 01-05-07 at 11:17 AM.
01-05-07, 12:05 PM   #135
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Group numbers are already there and ready to go, when we get to that point.

We could add the groups to conditions in the buff editor.
01-05-07, 12:18 PM   #136
Nahamnessa
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
If you really want to know about your own DoT's and HoT's, I suggest getting Natur EnemyCastingBar - it's very good and will what you want. Trying to somehow add this into PerfectRaid seems kinda silly since PerfectRaid is supposed to be a Raid-Frames Layout mod (correct me if I'm wrong here) and it does exactly as advertised.

While I agree not knowing when *your* HoT is going to expire sucks, but there are ways to know. Previously it was pretty easy for me since no one could over-ride mine and I could override everyones, so I knew exactly when mine would run out (when the buff is no longer there :-P), but I haven't raided as a healing priest since 2.0 so it's not something I've been overly concerned about.

I also think it's a good habit to remember what you've done. I tend to at least half remember whom I've healed recently.

If you are using SCT, you will know if your HoT is still ticking, which is another great way to know if your HoT is still up. I see a big +304 (Target's Name) whenever they get healed from my HoT.
01-05-07, 12:21 PM   #137
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Nahamnessa
If you really want to know about your own DoT's and HoT's, I suggest getting Natur EnemyCastingBar - it's very good and will what you want. Trying to somehow add this into PerfectRaid seems kinda silly since PerfectRaid is supposed to be a Raid-Frames Layout mod (correct me if I'm wrong here) and it does exactly as advertised.

While I agree not knowing when *your* HoT is going to expire sucks, but there are ways to know. Previously it was pretty easy for me since no one could over-ride mine and I could override everyones, so I knew exactly when mine would run out (when the buff is no longer there :-P), but I haven't raided as a healing priest since 2.0 so it's not something I've been overly concerned about.

I also think it's a good habit to remember what you've done. I tend to at least half remember whom I've healed recently.

If you are using SCT, you will know if your HoT is still ticking, which is another great way to know if your HoT is still up. I see a big +304 (Target's Name) whenever they get healed from my HoT.
I'm Cladhaire, and I approve this message.
01-05-07, 12:27 PM   #138
Itania
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Nahamnessa
SimpleCombatLog with a chatframe wich display only your HoT/DoT tick is also a good way to see if your HoT/DoT are still up.
01-05-07, 12:28 PM   #139
Harwel
A Murloc Raider
As a holy spec paladin who also plays a shaman, I disagree. Neither class has a HoT at all. However, knowing whether or not a person is being HoT'd will play a factor in my decision of whether or not they get a heal from me. Many paladins will throw FoLs all around helter skelter, making HoTs go to waste as overheal. What I need to know at a glance is, "Is someone else already helping this person?"

You can use Chronometer, Spellwatch, or the like to keep track of your own HoTs, yes? Or SCT as others have mentioned?
01-05-07, 12:49 PM   #140
Essandra
A Kobold Labourer

Just a quick thanks

Cladhaire,

I just wanted to say thank you for all the hard work you are putting in on this project. Perfect Raid and Clique are by far my favorite mods I have ever seen for World of Warcraft and you are doing an absolutely awesome job. I was so bummed when I had to revert to CT_Raid's interface, but now Perfect Raid is back, and although it is still in beta I see nothing but great things to come. You rock. We love you. Keep up the good work and don't let the bastards get ya down.

Essandra
60 Priest for Bane
Lightninghoof

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » PerfectRaid 2.0 Discussion/Help