01-13-07, 09:27 PM   #261
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Nah, there's no tweak that will really give that at the moment, you couid certainly code something together, but I suspect you'll see most of these features by the time the expansion is released, that was always my goal.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
01-14-07, 12:41 PM   #262
Morfarmi
A Defias Bandit
problem solved

i'm stupid

i download r77 , but unpack r75 *g*

Last edited by Morfarmi : 01-14-07 at 03:18 PM.
01-14-07, 12:48 PM   #263
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Then you're getting an error, and you've probably posted it elsewhere. Wait for the new version, or fall back. My time at this moment is best spent on finishing the new version.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
01-14-07, 01:10 PM   #264
Gungolf
A Fallenroot Satyr
2.0.4 broke PerfectRaid completely for me.

The frames are gone completely and whenever somebody joines, leaves or ist moved to another group I get:

Code:
Interface\FrameXML\SecureTemplates.lua: 897:
bad argument #2 to 'strsplit' (string expected, got nil)
01-14-07, 03:39 PM   #265
Fiask0
A Defias Bandit
WoWace updater

Hey Clad

Now that you arent goin to make PerfectRaid 2.0, Ace2. Like the previous version(s) was.
I was just wondering if people will be able to update PerfectRaid through the WoWAce updater? Iam lazy arse and liked the way aceupdater works, like press two buttons and all you addons is updated at once

So far from your beta versions i see a very good working upcomming mod. With that said i look forward to see the final release.
01-14-07, 03:39 PM   #266
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Nope, download it here please.
01-16-07, 04:29 AM   #267
koleraLS
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Not sure if it's relevant anymore since a new version was posted today, but I ran into some bugs yesterday with the r77 I'd installed:

r77, fresh out of the .zip, no modifications:

When I got into a raid, I had two set of windows:
1) showed the party 1 group (and no other)
2) showed the whole raid, sorted by class with no break, 2 collumns, bars coloured by class.

1) did get resized if I used the slider, the 2) did not

When I moved the 2) to the right of the screen, it did not get compressed (hard to explain, when the two collumns get closer one to the other yes?) as it used to do before.

When I opened the buff option screen, the whole buff thing got "stuck" in front of the screen, so, whichever page I was on, I still saw the buff options. A /console reloadui got me out of this one though.

Anyway, just reporting it for the note if it may serve, though I suppose the new version makes the report useless.

Thanks yet again for the work!
01-16-07, 12:51 PM   #268
garnerh42
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Beta r84 rocks!

Awesome update! Take a break and play in Outland, because you deserve it!
01-18-07, 07:35 AM   #269
Vanaxel
A Defias Bandit
hi clad,

used version: Beta-r84 - no mods

I've activated the backdrop in the raidframes.
If I join a raid group there are no problems, but if I leave, there's a small line of backdrop left on the screen which is very annoying . Today when i'm back home from work i'll post a screenshot.

regards, Van

Last edited by Vanaxel : 01-18-07 at 07:37 AM.
01-18-07, 09:13 AM   #270
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Can you post it as a bug on the google code issues list? Thanks.
01-22-07, 10:59 AM   #271
Yoshette
A Defias Bandit
Unhappy Bug with the layout

I submitted on google on bug with the layout.

I tried to obtain two columns and I have a very strange result.

Here is the configuration of my raid

Last edited by Yoshette : 01-22-07 at 10:20 PM.
01-22-07, 11:05 AM   #272
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
I responded on the google code post. Change your Column anchor to "LEFT" instead of "TOP" and you should see something quite different. Also, please if you're going to use screenshots, embed the thumbnail image, or attach them, so not everyone has to load large pictures =)
01-22-07, 11:57 AM   #273
Lindalas
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'm still trying to figure out how to use the raid frames the best way (and could use some input from other praid users). I was playing with a few things yesterday and found some needs.

First I decided that I wanted three groups: tanks, healers and dps (I know not all druids and pallys are healers but call that a simplification on my part). I therefore created three different raid frames and had all of them showing. The problem is obviously that the three frames are not aware of each other and therefore are not lining up or responding to chances in the the other groups. How do others deal with this?

Another thing I was considering is my regular, one group per class, setup. To avoid the problem above I simply used one big group for everyone and sorted on class. The problem with this approach is that I don't get headers for each class (and have to learn which color is which... not impossible but perhaps not ideal).

So, one suggestion... when you sort by xxx, allow an option to insert subtitles for each of the xxx (class/group). Overall I like the mod and am looking forward to hearing how others are using it.
01-22-07, 12:03 PM   #274
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Lindalas
First I decided that I wanted three groups: tanks, healers and dps (I know not all druids and pallys are healers but call that a simplification on my part). I therefore created three different raid frames and had all of them showing. The problem is obviously that the three frames are not aware of each other and therefore are not lining up or responding to chances in the the other groups. How do others deal with this?
I just manually move the frames right now, but I'd like to fix it in the future, so they can anchor to each other. Unfortunately that will be a while off.

Another thing I was considering is my regular, one group per class, setup. To avoid the problem above I simply used one big group for everyone and sorted on class. The problem with this approach is that I don't get headers for each class (and have to learn which color is which... not impossible but perhaps not ideal).

So, one suggestion... when you sort by xxx, allow an option to insert subtitles for each of the xxx (class/group). Overall I like the mod and am looking forward to hearing how others are using it.
Unfortunately, I cannot add these when you do multiple groups together.. there just isn't an option to do it. I'd have to manually create X frames with each group, and anchor those, and with that.. PerfectRaid never would have been finishing (I don't like that as a solution either)
01-22-07, 01:11 PM   #275
Lindalas
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindalas
I just manually move the frames right now, but I'd like to fix it in the future, so they can anchor to each other. Unfortunately that will be a while off.
Allowing them to anchor to each other would be great. I hope you get around to it soon :-).
01-22-07, 10:18 PM   #276
Yoshette
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Cladhaire
I responded on the google code post. Change your Column anchor to "LEFT" instead of "TOP" and you should see something quite different. Also, please if you're going to use screenshots, embed the thumbnail image, or attach them, so not everyone has to load large pictures =)
oups sorry. Changing that right now.

And thank you so much for the answer. I appreciate your work

Last edited by Yoshette : 01-22-07 at 10:25 PM.
01-23-07, 04:32 PM   #277
Ceph
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
hey clad, why don't you reply to my email or PMs concerning german translations anymore? just saw you updated the svn and the german localization file is out of date...
01-23-07, 04:48 PM   #278
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
I used the file you sent me... that's why I didn't respond.
01-23-07, 05:38 PM   #279
Ceph
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
hmm... however, the file i sent u with the mail "praid - german translation r84" is not the one on the svn
01-23-07, 07:23 PM   #280
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Yes it is.. I know, becuse I just tried to commit the one you sent to me labelled r84, and there were no changes.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » PerfectRaid 2.0 Discussion/Help