02-15-07, 04:51 PM   #301
Lichbane
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Hyrus
That makes everyone show out of range for me, including myself. Used Beast Lore, which is the only spell I have that has the 40 yard range I want.
Sorry if you've already figured this one out ... it's been a while since I've been here.

Beast Lore does have a 40foot range, but it only works on Beasts. So you could range check pets, but not characters.
02-15-07, 10:48 PM   #302
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
range checking

Hi again Clad, love praid, and the new options, can't wait for the nw release, but definitely pay major attention to your personal projects

Originally posted by Lichbane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrus
That makes everyone show out of range for me, including myself. Used Beast Lore, which is the only spell I have that has the 40 yard range I want.

Sorry if you've already figured this one out ... it's been a while since I've been here.

Beast Lore does have a 40foot range, but it only works on Beasts. So you could range check pets, but not characters.
I mainly play a druid and a priest, so normally the range checking works for me, but I also tried a random spell as the range check basis on a warr... i used Battle Shout, which does effect ofthes in my group, and it also showed everyone out of range, including myself. I don't know why, and I can't find any causes, but it happens there too. Hope this helps.
02-20-07, 02:15 AM   #303
Kitami
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Nynaeve
but I also tried a random spell as the range check basis on a warr... i used Battle Shout, which does effect ofthes in my group, and it also showed everyone out of range, including myself. I don't know why, and I can't find any causes, but it happens there too. Hope this helps.
You can only test the range based on spells which are cast on a target, which isn't the case with Battle Shout.

For example:

Healing Touch:
Range: 40 yards
http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?wspell=5185

Battle Shout:
Range: Self Only
http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?wspell=6673
02-20-07, 07:08 AM   #304
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Thats whats making this difficult, I don't have a good solution.
I could put a static range check in there, that might help resolve some of the issues. I'll think on that.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
03-04-07, 10:51 AM   #305
Hyrus
A Murloc Raider
Any updates on the range check thing?
03-05-07, 06:04 AM   #306
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
No, I have been unable to work on PerfectRaid due to real life commitments at the moment. I hope to be able to get back to the addon relatively soon.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
03-14-07, 02:41 PM   #307
Raygar
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thumbs up

Ok, am new to posting here, but have used perfect raid for a long time. Had it back in the day of MC as a main instance for my old guild. I like the new PR much better, but miss an option from the old one. Mana threshold. I cant set it up or at least don't see where to set it up. So any ideas on if it will be an option, or if an option at all ?

I also turned a few guildies onto perfectraid as well. Thing is they don't like it in one column, and want it to have the same appearance as this screen shot you have.

I cant for the life of me figure out how to set that up. I have changed every setting in raid frames and cant get it to break apart by group. So if someone has insight, I know Cladhaire said real life issues, which is all good. Everyone has them from time to time. Real life should come first anyway. But if someone can hook me up with a simple explanation on how to set it up by groups like that screen, I would be greatful.

Thanks
Raygar

*EDIT* Reason I am asking for Mana Threshold is, I am MA 99% of the time, and we like to chain pull, I used to keep a set % so I could keep an eye on the healers and casters mana. If it hit that limit I knew to slow down, if they stayed fairly high on mana I could speed up. Just a habit I guess, but can live without it if need be. Just liked that feature about it is all.

Last edited by Raygar : 03-14-07 at 02:43 PM.
03-14-07, 03:39 PM   #308
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
You can display mana bars, thresholds aren't in right now.. but i'd like to get them back

As for that setup, you need to make multiple raid frames, one for each class. Go to the "Raid frames" tab, and click "new", select the class, and you should be able to customize each frame. They may even find a setup that works better for htem (I group DPS, Healing and Tanks).

It won't be in "columns", and they manually have to place, but it should work fine.
03-17-07, 08:10 PM   #309
wickedlike
A Kobold Labourer
Exclamation

I really love PerfectRaid, tbh this is the best raid interface there is, what makes it so good is that it is so simple =D

BUT

There is one thing i am missing, and that is the possibility to use PerfectRaid for 5 man groups and not just raids, it would be so awesome of you could make that happen =)

No need to have big unit frames when i could just have those handy little bars =)

------
Wickedlike
-----
03-18-07, 06:33 PM   #310
Cyko1
A Murloc Raider
Not sure if others have this problem.

I've defined some magical debuffs to watch like "Arcane Blast" and even "Unstable Affliction". I see the default "Ma" show up, but I don't see the defined ones show up. I just don't want to dispell a mage's arcane blast. For pvp, I do see enemy warlock's unstable affliction show up, but for some reason, I'm not able to see it when the mobs in Magtheridon's Lair cast Unstable Affliction. Also, I'm havin a problem with Twisted Reflection from Lord Kazzak. Not sure if its because it is showing "Ma" that its not listing the other stuff.
03-18-07, 06:36 PM   #311
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Cyko1
Not sure if others have this problem.

I've defined some magical debuffs to watch like "Arcane Blast" and even "Unstable Affliction". I see the default "Ma" show up, but I don't see the defined ones show up. I just don't want to dispell a mage's arcane blast. For pvp, I do see enemy warlock's unstable affliction show up, but for some reason, I'm not able to see it when the mobs in Magtheridon's Lair cast Unstable Affliction. Also, I'm havin a problem with Twisted Reflection from Lord Kazzak. Not sure if its because it is showing "Ma" that its not listing the other stuff.
1. I plan to blacklist these as magic debuffs, just haven't done it yet.
2. Youd' have to ensure the debuff name is identical, its just a simple name match.
3. I'm not sure, I don't have any way to test this. Hopefully I can get a buffwatch mod that will help with stuff like this.
03-22-07, 06:12 PM   #312
Cyko1
A Murloc Raider
Another question, is there a way to note from the buff/debuff thing that someone is pvpd? My raid leaders hate it when I'm pvpd, but its mainly due to me buffing someone else that was pvpd prior to raid.
03-22-07, 06:27 PM   #313
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Currently no, but I should add something that does that. Would you mind posting a request on the googlecode issue tracker?
03-24-07, 09:00 AM   #314
splatter
A Defias Bandit
Hi,
why is your great addon no more updatable with wowace.com/files and its wowaceupdate 1.x?

greetings splatter
03-24-07, 09:28 AM   #315
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Cause it doesn't use Ace. Simple enough. Download it here, and make it a favorite so you're notified via email when its changed.
03-25-07, 08:33 PM   #316
Cianden
A Defias Bandit
Question Question about the Mod

In the versions prior to 2.0 there were some features that currently not available.

1) It used to be when I sorted the raid by class it would space out each class from the others, now it's just one solid column and I don't see a way to space them out at all. Do you plan on implementing that back in?

2) It would also throw up a yellow "Mana" debuff beside players that dropped below a certian % in mana, that is not there anymore. Is that also something you plan on implelementing later?

Maybe these things are still there but I just can't seem to find the options to set them.

Anyways, I am a huge fan of this Mod and I really appreciate the work you've put into it. Great Job so far and keep up the good work!
03-25-07, 08:52 PM   #317
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Cianden
In the versions prior to 2.0 there were some features that currently not available.

1) It used to be when I sorted the raid by class it would space out each class from the others, now it's just one solid column and I don't see a way to space them out at all. Do you plan on implementing that back in?
I can't.. this isn't possible using the new templates. You can create a frame for each class, and it will accomplish the same thing

2) It would also throw up a yellow "Mana" debuff beside players that dropped below a certian % in mana, that is not there anymore. Is that also something you plan on implelementing later?
Yes, I plan to add this back in.
03-25-07, 08:57 PM   #318
Cianden
A Defias Bandit
Awesome, thanks for the response! Like I said before this Mod rocks!
03-26-07, 01:43 PM   #319
Ceph
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
There was a further thing about the pre-2.0-version: In those times, I had 2 little makros:
1. sort frames by class and
2. sort frames by group.
I loved being able to switch between these types of display quickly, without having to access the menu but with just clicking 2 buttons in my interface - because when group-buffing, a group sorted view is more interesting than the class sorted view for combat.
Now, when I want to alter sorting, I have to access the menu, click this, click that... takes about 5 to 10s everytime, and the same again for undoing the changes after buffing. Does not sound like a huge amount of time, but it is quite annoying over the time.
Could you make this possible again? Via an access to praid variables from console, like before; or in some other way? This is kind of the feature I'm missing the most...

Regards,
Ceph
03-26-07, 07:46 PM   #320
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Next update will have profiles, so you can save/restore settings, and switch between them on the fly (not in combat, obviously). I can't just give it to you, because it doesn't really work that way.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » PerfectRaid 2.0 Discussion/Help