04-02-07, 12:24 PM   #341
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by NobleHelium
PerfectRaid is very elegantly designed and I like it a lot, but one thing that I think is sorely lacking is debuff icons, and showing debuffs that can't be dispelled via normal means. Even if the debuff can't be removed, it's still very nice to know when someone else has a debuff, such as all the aoe damage debuffs, bomblike debuffs, and the like. I play a Warrior, so I can't even remove anything, but I've been wanting to get a raid mod that shows all debuffs in an elegant manner.
You can set up your buffs to show anything you want, and I have no plans to include buff icons anytime soon. I know its difficult to go in and add buffs that you want to watch, but with buff icons, PerfectRaid is no longer PerfectRaid, its just an other unit frame addon. The point of PerfectRaid is you're only notified of what you want to see. Now, can I make it easier to set up what you want to see, sure.

In addition, if you could have a way of showing numbers of stacks of debuffs, that would be superb - even Blizzard's Raid UI doesn't do that, and I don't think I've ever seen one that does. It may not be possible with normal means, but perhaps parsing the combat log and manually adding numbers next to icons is possible.
Again, I won't be adding icons, but It won't be tough to add debuff stack numbers.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
04-03-07, 10:18 AM   #342
Forage
A Murloc Raider
Using Perfect Raid for default party frames..

Since BC came out I have been playing a healer I have gone from loving Perfect Raid to hating the default player/party frames. I was playing around in the code and I'm pretty sure I have seen this one other raid Addons but I really want to use Perfect Raid as my party bars be it a 5 man or a raid if there is a simple way to do this so it works properly someone please point me in the direction.

Also looking for a way to have Unstable Affliction show up as a different color buff so I don't blow myself up anymore getting pretty old spamming dispel and catching a UA during all the Magtheridon trash pulling.

Last edited by Forage : 04-03-07 at 12:42 PM.
04-03-07, 11:57 AM   #343
Laine
A Murloc Raider
@ Forage: You can pick the colors of each debuff seperately so UA can be pink if you like.
04-03-07, 12:23 PM   #344
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
His point is, it will show up as a purple "Cu" by default. It would need to be blacklisted to not show that.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
04-03-07, 01:55 PM   #345
Forage
A Murloc Raider
So back to the main question, is it possible to have praid show up always instead of just in raids? Hate standard unit frames but praid unit frame is sleek easy and simple to heal/dispel so I perfer to have them at all times instead of party unit frames. I have disabled my unit frames now I need praid to always show.
04-03-07, 01:57 PM   #346
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Not at the moment, Its the next feature I'll be adding.. somewhere.. when I can.
04-03-07, 04:14 PM   #347
Forage
A Murloc Raider
Ya thought I had it setup but it has a mind of it's own, like 7/10 times it shows up when in a 5 man but those 3 times it don't show up are a killer.
04-08-07, 03:15 AM   #348
Garbanzos
A Kobold Labourer
I am having a problem with this mod where I specify a debuff to be shown in the buffs/debuffs tab. For example if I make a specific entry for Frost Nova or Moonfire it doesn’t register when that debuff is on a myself or a raid member.

However, things like “Magic” or “Curse” work fine, but I want more clarification on what the debuff is.

Any specific entry I make for a buff (IE frost armor, motw) works just fine, I am only having problems with debuffs.

Thanks.
04-08-07, 08:07 AM   #349
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
*ponder*. I know I've used Maiden's debuff and a few others. I'll take a look at it.
04-10-07, 10:41 AM   #350
Ceph
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Since r89, praid does not work anymore on my machine. Neither the menu is displayed when I type /praid oder /perfectraid, nor any frames are displayed. Tested this on a mate's installation, and he has the same problem... deDE client btw.
04-10-07, 10:44 AM   #351
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
If its not zipped up and released, it won't work. You can't just use the svn and expect it to work. There should be no reason to use the svn version, I don't hide features, I release them as soon as they're done.
04-10-07, 03:15 PM   #352
caladein
Climbing the Walls

Was looking through the thread a didn't see it asked: but is there any way/plans to be able to show Hunter/Lock pets? I've been using the Blizz pull-out or my frame mod's raid pets output, but it just isn't the same .
04-10-07, 03:49 PM   #353
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
no, we just got support for those, and I dont have it coded atm.
04-11-07, 01:18 AM   #354
muuttaa
A Murloc Raider
resize window?

As a healer, I love PerfectRaid. I've used a few other similar mods (like HealBot) but this one does everything I need.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I wasn't able to find an answer by searching the forums, your site or any of the other stuff in the file itself.

Is there a way to resize the PerfectRaid window? I play at a widescreen high resolution and the window is really small on my screen. If there isn't an easy answer, please point me to a FAQ or tutorial or something. Thanks!
04-11-07, 08:16 AM   #355
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by muuttaa
As a healer, I love PerfectRaid. I've used a few other similar mods (like HealBot) but this one does everything I need.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I wasn't able to find an answer by searching the forums, your site or any of the other stuff in the file itself.

Is there a way to resize the PerfectRaid window? I play at a widescreen high resolution and the window is really small on my screen. If there isn't an easy answer, please point me to a FAQ or tutorial or something. Thanks!
You can open the "Raid Frames" tab, select the frame, click "edit" and change the scale there.
04-11-07, 08:24 AM   #356
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
For anyone who is having issues with DEBUFFS, you can make the following change until i release the updated version. In PerfectRaid_Buffs.lua, find the UNIT_AURA function.

Code:
for i=1,40 do
	local name,rank,texture,count,type = UnitDebuff(unit, i)
	if not name and not type then break end
	buffcache[name] = (buffcache[name] or 0) + 1
	buffcache[type] = (buffcache[type] or 0) + 1
end
Find the block that uses UnitDebuff (looks similar to above), and change it to what I have above. The problem was that if a debuff type (Magic, Poison, Disease) was found, then it would skip the counting of the buff name, which means it would not show up in the list. This would affect any debuff that was dispellable or curable in some way (like Arcane Blast).

Hope that helps, will try to update asap.
04-11-07, 05:56 PM   #357
FTY
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Cladhaire
For anyone who is having issues with DEBUFFS, you can make the following change until i release the updated version. In PerfectRaid_Buffs.lua, find the UNIT_AURA function.

Code:
for i=1,40 do
end
Find the block that uses UnitDebuff (looks similar to above), and change it to what I have above. The problem was that if a debuff type (Magic, Poison, Disease) was found, then it would skip the counting of the buff name, which means it would not show up in the list. This would affect any debuff that was dispellable or curable in some way (like Arcane Blast).

Awesome, thanks
04-11-07, 06:50 PM   #358
muuttaa
A Murloc Raider
You can open the "Raid Frames" tab, select the frame, click "edit" and change the scale there.
I love you Thanks for the help!
04-13-07, 11:28 AM   #359
FTY
A Murloc Raider

Code:
for i=1,40 do
end

One more thing, if I replace the line with this, I get "table index is nil" error on line 129. I tried replacing both parts of the code separately which look similar to the one above, but I get the error on both.

I mean those two:
Code:
	for i=1,40 do
		local name,rank,texture,count = UnitBuff(unit, i)
		if not name then break end
	end

for i=1,40 do
		if type then name = type end
	end
So, if I change the first with this new code I get the error, but then I put it back to as it was and replace the 2nd I get the error again.

It's probably again me, as I have no clue about coding, so if you could try to help me (I know I'm getting annoying slowly).

Thanks.

EDIT: yeah well now I see the 2nd one is correct as it's UnitDebuff, no matter I'm getting that error written above .

Last edited by FTY : 04-13-07 at 11:31 AM.
04-13-07, 11:30 AM   #360
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Just download the new version, and don't change anything.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » PerfectRaid 2.0 Discussion/Help