08-16-06, 06:09 PM   #1
Silh
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Conversation Manager

Well, finally got around to uploading it to wowinterface; you can find it along with more detailed information at:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=5247

The concept is pretty much finished at this point. It may need a bit of polishing in a few places still.

One thing I would like some opinions on (and my apologies if this is not necessarily the right place to ask it) is on managing whispercast messages. During the course of a raid, one can end up sending and/or receiving a good number of these, and they end up creating a good amount of clutter amongst your 'conversations'. It would be nice if one could filter these out somehow, but I have yet to come up with a practical idea. One could choose to ignore whispers for the duration of the raid, but that could lead to missed messages which one might want to have kept. Likewise for ignoring messages sent by non-friends--one suggestion put forth by someone. Thus I've pretty much ruled out any type of blanket ignore method of dealing with this.

Ideas which I'm still tossing around at this time:
  1. Auto-clear short conversations after a certain amount of time, where the definition of 'short' in number of lines can be changed as well as the amount of time to wait before clearing. This would get rid of those one or two-line whispercast sessions automatically if nothing else is ever added. However this would also mean losing single-line messages received when one is AFK.
  2. Match the whispercast return message pattern ('blah has been queued for you'), and clear that and the previous line. However this would work only with people running whispercast with exact matching line of text... considering localization, customized reponse messages which some people like to make, etc. will make this possibly impractical. I suppose I could give an option to provide text patterns to watch for and ignore.

Right now, I'm just resigned to have to clear a handfull of unneeded whispers from my conversation window every now and then during or after each raid.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Conversation Manager