03-07-07, 08:15 PM   #961
Moot
A Defias Bandit
Chat stops my character

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, i did look amongst the other threads.

May i compliment you on a great UI, finest i have seen.

Problem i am finding with it is thus, if i open a chat window, i.e say something in tells or in guild or private chat, my character can neither move forward, backward or turn, until the chat is *sent*.

The chat in effect takes over everything else until it is done.

Is there something basic i am missing here or not turning on / off ?

Thanks for your time and sorry if it is a silly question, i have a feeling it may well be as no one else has apparently encountered this, but i do know this isn't the case with the basic wow UI, so i was wondering about this.

TY

03-07-07, 09:58 PM   #962
FatBaldGuy60
A Defias Bandit
MazzleUI for my alt

I only had one character when I installed MazzleUI originally, a 60 NE druid. Today I created an alt, a gnome mage. I Mazzified several times, but never got the normal interface.

By that I mean the map shows in bottom center, but there was no Mazzy border with the buttons for Context Menu, ItemRack, etc. I am talking about the bordered section with the black background where all the button bars and chat boxes go. I only had the bag bar down in the bottom right corner. The ItemRack bar was almost on top of the chat boxes. The combat chat boxes were not in the normal place on the right side. There were no other button bars, although I was able to drag spells from my spellbook to the very bottom of the screen.

When I log back into my druid I see the normal MazzleUI, everything is in place. I even deleted the toon and started a new one, and got the same results.

[I love the UI and even though I am older, I am not complaining about the UI scale like a lot of people seem to do; I love all the extra space.]

Is there some reason I am not getting that the UI works for one character but not another?

Lorielwynd, 70 druid, Sentinels server

03-07-07, 11:53 PM   #963
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by FatBaldGuy60
I only had one character when I installed MazzleUI originally, a 60 NE druid. Today I created an alt, a gnome mage. I Mazzified several times, but never got the normal interface.

By that I mean the map shows in bottom center, but there was no Mazzy border with the buttons for Context Menu, ItemRack, etc. I am talking about the bordered section with the black background where all the button bars and chat boxes go. I only had the bag bar down in the bottom right corner. The ItemRack bar was almost on top of the chat boxes. The combat chat boxes were not in the normal place on the right side. There were no other button bars, although I was able to drag spells from my spellbook to the very bottom of the screen.

When I log back into my druid I see the normal MazzleUI, everything is in place. I even deleted the toon and started a new one, and got the same results.

[I love the UI and even though I am older, I am not complaining about the UI scale like a lot of people seem to do; I love all the extra space.]

Is there some reason I am not getting that the UI works for one character but not another?

Lorielwynd, 70 druid, Sentinels server
You should post a SS of this.

03-08-07, 03:08 AM   #964
Voided
A Kobold Labourer
battle grounds trouble?

First off i must say i love your UI. Great work.

After 2 days of tweaking (i only play a couple hours a night)i finally felt ready to leave Orgrimmar. So i hit up Silithus on my 59 pally.. killed some monsters tweaked a bit more as i went along. All worked great and i love it.

Now i decide to i want to go to the bg's and earn some honor for my last hour of my night. So i click av and naturaly within a moment or 2 i get to enter. So i do. At the loading screen my bar fully loads, but then... i am kicked to the login screen. No error messages no nothing. I'm staring at the login screen with the box *Disconnected from server (okay)*

Samething over and over until my character is idle kicked from the battle grounds. Any clues or assistance is appreciated. I'm not much of a modder and as i said i get no error message or noises.. just a straight kick to the login screen.

03-08-07, 03:35 AM   #965
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Voided
First off i must say i love your UI. Great work.

After 2 days of tweaking (i only play a couple hours a night)i finally felt ready to leave Orgrimmar. So i hit up Silithus on my 59 pally.. killed some monsters tweaked a bit more as i went along. All worked great and i love it.

Now i decide to i want to go to the bg's and earn some honor for my last hour of my night. So i click av and naturaly within a moment or 2 i get to enter. So i do. At the loading screen my bar fully loads, but then... i am kicked to the login screen. No error messages no nothing. I'm staring at the login screen with the box *Disconnected from server (okay)*

Samething over and over until my character is idle kicked from the battle grounds. Any clues or assistance is appreciated. I'm not much of a modder and as i said i get no error message or noises.. just a straight kick to the login screen.
It could be memory problem. Not sure if this is correct but whenever I log into game or bg with high settings + high memory usage mods, I get kicked out of the game since the load takes too long. But after turning down a few, I am able to get back in. So try that (which I think [my way] is stupid), or just reinstall MazzleUI, or wait for a better answer/suggestion

03-08-07, 03:54 AM   #966
amz370
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I AHD THAT PROBLEM EARLIER IT HAPPENED TO ALOT OF PEOPLE

i ahd it whilst flying from searing to if

03-08-07, 06:28 AM   #967
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
More a general query then a problem. Has anyone found a found a way to make debuffs more prominently display on the DUF party frames? SmartDebuff works fine but detracts from the aesthetics imo. I've thought of tinkering with it, but was curious first if anyone else had come up with a solution. I know this is more targeted for the DUF forums, but I thought given the customized nature of the frames in this UI, asking here was appropriate.

03-08-07, 08:27 AM   #968
jasper24
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

The same button layout can also differ between aspect ratios. Some resolutions have more room, so they have more bars. It's quite easy to add bars, though. Read the in-game FAQ.[/color]

Think I getting somewhere with this, but not sure where/what to start changing to see more bars on my bongos (ie my warlock has 4- bongos bars avaliable to me, but my rogue has 7- bars that I can use) I see this thru bongos setup.

Both characters are played on the same computer-- widescreen 1.6

03-08-07, 09:45 AM   #969
Oblivius
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Oblivius
I have no idea of what to search on to ask about this, so im sorry if u have answered it before, but what command can i use to edit this addon: ?
Nvm, I know what it is now. It's Statuswindow!

03-08-07, 10:43 AM   #970
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Arkive
More a general query then a problem. Has anyone found a found a way to make debuffs more prominently display on the DUF party frames? SmartDebuff works fine but detracts from the aesthetics imo. I've thought of tinkering with it, but was curious first if anyone else had come up with a solution. I know this is more targeted for the DUF forums, but I thought given the customized nature of the frames in this UI, asking here was appropriate.
You can change the size and positioning of the debuffs quite easily in DUF. Just choose a unit frame and select the Debuff frame. I plan to play with it myself if I ever get back to things.

One of the reasons that it's particularly troublesome is the way this version of DUF anchors the debuff frame to the buff frame. (I don't think previous version did this.) I think it dynamically calculates the far side of the buff frame based on the number of visible buffs, which results in the debuffs being flush against the buffs, making it really hard to differentiate the two.

03-08-07, 12:59 PM   #971
amz370
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by jasper24
Think I getting somewhere with this, but not sure where/what to start changing to see more bars on my bongos (ie my warlock has 4- bongos bars avaliable to me, but my rogue has 7- bars that I can use) I see this thru bongos setup.

Both characters are played on the same computer-- widescreen 1.6

type /bob to pull up bongos
one of the side menu buttons says like "actionbars" click that at the bottum theres a slider that says number of bars, move to your hearts content

WARNING this will WILL mess up your button placememnt!!!!!!!

03-08-07, 04:19 PM   #972
anopholes
A Defias Bandit
I can't get the ui to mazzle

Basically the only ui's I've ever bother'd with are the ones that load all at once, then i tweak as i play. Most of my experience comes from cosmos, SCT, and auctioneer. I have heard really good things about this ui, and although I cna't get it to fully work, it has loaded up in game and I already think i love it. Anyways. . .
I printed and followed the directions to a T. However, when I log into the game, the "mazzlfier" or whatever never pops up. I've typed /mazzify, and searched for the options to start it and everything, no gnomes, setup, nothing. I do not understand. I have 64m memory on addons menu, with load out of date addons checked on. I did check and notice mazzlefizz's mazzifier and mazzifier options in the addons list before you log your character on says "dependancy missing". I dont have a clue what that means or if it has anything to do with using this. But since I can't mazzify, i'm assuming that means something. All help will be much appreciated. I dont have a clue to how much time you have spent on this mazzle, but this is truly an innovative and extremely helpful tool, if only i can get it to work! Lol

03-08-07, 04:27 PM   #973
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by anopholes
Basically the only ui's I've ever bother'd with are the ones that load all at once, then i tweak as i play. Most of my experience comes from cosmos, SCT, and auctioneer. I have heard really good things about this ui, and although I cna't get it to fully work, it has loaded up in game and I already think i love it. Anyways. . .
I printed and followed the directions to a T. However, when I log into the game, the "mazzlfier" or whatever never pops up. I've typed /mazzify, and searched for the options to start it and everything, no gnomes, setup, nothing. I do not understand. I have 64m memory on addons menu, with load out of date addons checked on. I did check and notice mazzlefizz's mazzifier and mazzifier options in the addons list before you log your character on says "dependancy missing". I dont have a clue what that means or if it has anything to do with using this. But since I can't mazzify, i'm assuming that means something. All help will be much appreciated. I dont have a clue to how much time you have spent on this mazzle, but this is truly an innovative and extremely helpful tool, if only i can get it to work! Lol
Don't know if you're using an international version that might be squirelly, but I suspect a faulty copy and paste. Redownload, rename the old interface and WTF folders and try once more, making sure not to add or replace any addons until after you've gotten into WoW and Mazzified for the first time.

03-08-07, 06:55 PM   #974
anopholes
A Defias Bandit
mouse wheel

First of all thanks for the help on the last one, i got it working. I have been messin with the interface, moving bars, and changing some key bindings and such. Well when the bongos menu was open i was mousing over a spell and accidentally scrolled my mouse wheel down. Then I hit escape and cleard it. Binded the spell to a key binding. and proceeded with the rest of my set up. Then i was moving around orgrimmar a little bit and i scrolled up a few times, then tried to zoom out with mouse scroll and it woudlnt let me. I went back into bongos, blizz options, searched faq, and mazzleui options and can't find where to get camera zoomout back to mouse wheel, the zoom in works, but not the zoom out. please help, this is extremely bothersome!
edit-- I also somehow got rid of the little hotbar that had potions, and food in it?? This whole new interface is pretty overwhelming! Any suggestions?

Last edited by anopholes : 03-08-07 at 07:01 PM.

03-08-07, 07:48 PM   #975
Peneth
A Fallenroot Satyr
Question

I play more then one toon (despite my honest love for the Druid class) - two of which are a Fire Mage and a Shadow Priest. I noticed a little 'bar' thing on top of the Bongo Bars when I ran the set up for each as the default class set up - the one on the mage bar said "Fire/Ice" and the one on the Priest had shadow/holy. I assumed you clicked on one or the other and the bongo bars shifted to that set up.

Alas, when I did the setup, that was not that case. Is that an extra addon or am I missing something essential that's right under my nose. Again.

03-08-07, 10:34 PM   #976
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by amz370
type /bob to pull up bongos
one of the side menu buttons says like "actionbars" click that at the bottum theres a slider that says number of bars, move to your hearts content

WARNING this will WILL mess up your button placememnt!!!!!!!
That is not an accurate thing to say at all. It will only mess them up if you 've changed the relative position from the installed layout. If you haven't, it actually makes it extremely easy to change the properties of bars without having to adjust anything. If you have made changes, you should do the workaround I posted in the known issues to temporarily disable that feature. For the majority of people, it's a significant advantage over the stock behavior it used to have.

03-08-07, 11:16 PM   #977
D.r.a.g.o.n
A Defias Bandit
ReMazzify....

Just recently on creating a new character and remazzifying it i get this error and it never finishes mazzifing. Any suggestions on what might be causing this. I have no other mods installed with MazzleUI.

[2007/03/09 00:07:04-116-x1]: Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3094: AceConsole-2.0: AceConsole-2.0: Option handler "IsActive" not found.:

---

03-09-07, 12:11 AM   #978
amz370
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I dont know i still have identical bar layout (same relative postion and have had many problems whena dding new bars

03-09-07, 09:11 AM   #979
Kierrkian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by D.r.a.g.o.n
Just recently on creating a new character and remazzifying it i get this error and it never finishes mazzifing. Any suggestions on what might be causing this. I have no other mods installed with MazzleUI.

[2007/03/09 00:07:04-116-x1]: Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3094: AceConsole-2.0: AceConsole-2.0: Option handler "IsActive" not found.:

---
Did you update any of the Ace2 libraries? I know on another thread some of the user had updated a few ace2 add-ons and were seeing issues.. If that is the case remove/disable those updated ones then mazzify then enable the use of them again. After the initial character mazzification did you try a second time after the error? if not try using /mazzify and only select the layout portion for mazzification. EDIT: did it do any part of the mazzification? like buttons or Fubar or anything? or is the placement of things just all over the place when it finishes with that error?

Last edited by Kierrkian : 03-09-07 at 09:13 AM.

03-09-07, 04:01 PM   #980
so1id
A Kobold Labourer
Hey guys. First I'd like to say thanks for the great UI...This is probably the best compilation EVER It is so easy to set up and start playing..I love it

I have one question though: How do I change the combat text from that cartoonish looking to the original blizzard one? I prefer the old one because I don't know whether I'm critting or just doing normal damage. Thanks alot! Once again great job!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » OLD Support Thread (Ask questions here!) OLD