02-08-07, 04:52 PM   #161
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by JJBlaha
I want to remove the bottom default target window frame. I also want to make the 3d model of my priest on the left the same size as the model on the right. Thanks for any help you guys can give, I really like the UI!
Looks like you've changed the parenting on the models and are using a different unit frames add-on, which the UI assumes for several items. If you want to make those kind of changes on your copy, that's up to you, but you're on your own. I don't have the time to do the things I want to do. I certainly don't have the time to support that. Good luck.

02-08-07, 04:54 PM   #162
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Keizo
This is by far the most comprehensive combo UI I have ever seen. Everyone who took part in this should be very proud... even with some of the groans and complaints.

You all have done a top notch job!!!

I wanted to jump right in and play with the new mode (first time ever using any version) so I thought better of it. Something I never do.... I actually sat down and read through all of the FAQ. Excellent sourse of info!! Found out lots of little cool things that are within the UI!!

As I was reading through FAQs I would try out what was being referenced. (I run 2 monitors and the game in windowed mode so I can browse the web while playing with better ease.)

I noticed the time was off by 1 hour so when I got to the FAQ about changing the time I tired it out. I looked and looked but still cannot find where the 'Module Config' item is. I am looking under MazzleUI Options > Options tab. Nothing... no Module Config... no Time. I must be missing it as I dont see anyone else with this problem. Is the Module Config menu not contained within the MazzleUI options menu?

For my second question..... I opened the menu by left clicking the MazzleUI wording in the bottom portion of the UI. When I try to open my bags using 'B' only 1 opens. When I individually click each bag I can hear them open and close but I do not see them. Any ideas on how to get these back into view?

Thanks very much!! I know you guys are swamped with questions right now but keep proding along!!! Hopefully our donations will help make up for it!!
Look for the options about StatusWindows... that's where the configuration for the time is. As for the bags, "/moveablebags reset", without the quotes, should fix it.

02-08-07, 04:56 PM   #163
Aygen
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

For some reason Chronometers makes the new bars for each debuf on a target overlap each other ... any way to stop it?

02-08-07, 04:56 PM   #164
JJBlaha
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
Looks like you've changed the parenting on the models and are using a different unit frames add-on, which the UI assumes for several items. If you want to make those kind of changes on your copy, that's up to you, but you're on your own. I don't have the time to do the things I want to do. I certainly don't have the time to support that. Good luck.
I'm only using what came with the UI, no other mods. There is no way to just shut off the frame there so it does not show on target? I made all the changes using discord unit frames.

02-08-07, 05:01 PM   #165
mholmes
A Defias Bandit

What time is it?

Hi all. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've spent several hours poking around the inner workings of MazzleUI and I've got almost everything how I want it. It really wasnt all that hard... it just took a while. Anyway. I'm having a problem with whatever program is displaying the current time on the UI. I've looked in the FAQ and all of the previous posts here, and cant seem to find an answer. All of the chat timestamps display the correct time, but the time located just above the trinket buttons is running on the server time. There is a two hour difference between the two. Is there any way to adjust this?

All and all... this is the only problem I'm having. Great job on this UI. I love it! Thanks very much for taking the time to read and answer.

02-08-07, 05:17 PM   #166
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by VincentSDSH
Yes, that was step 1, step 2 was turning it off in efficiency. It's not the random or event-based that bugs me, it's 6 models squirming on the screen while I'm trying to pay attention to the 50-odd mobs/people on the screen. I expect movement in the information-display interface to be "pay attention to me, critical info here" not "watch me flap my wings, I'm a moth" If I try to ignore it, I wind up missing things happening farther down in the UI that are really movement-to-attract-attention. I mean the 3d is cute and all but...
If you're talking about just the shifting and looking around, then, no, there is no way to get that to stop. It's the idle animation of a model. I do nothing to get that to happen.

The animation controls in the options refer to things like random waving/flexing/rude (I think it's a 20% chance once every 3 minutes that one model will do that) and event-based stuff like flinching when being hit.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 02-09-07 at 02:40 PM.

02-08-07, 05:19 PM   #167
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by JJBlaha
I'm only using what came with the UI, no other mods. There is no way to just shut off the frame there so it does not show on target? I made all the changes using discord unit frames.
No, there's no option for that.

02-08-07, 05:23 PM   #168
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by mholmes
I've spent several hours poking around the inner workings of MazzleUI and I've got almost everything how I want it. It really wasnt all that hard... it just took a while. Anyway. I'm having a problem with whatever program is displaying the current time on the UI. I've looked in the FAQ and all of the previous posts here, and cant seem to find an answer. All of the chat timestamps display the correct time, but the time located just above the trinket buttons is running on the server time. There is a two hour difference between the two. Is there any way to adjust this?
*sigh* How about the FAQ entry that says "I need to adjust the time zone of the clock. How can I do that?"

02-08-07, 05:30 PM   #169
Rafite
A Kobold Labourer

Got the UI last night and love it! I've only found one problem though, and that is when in a group every once and awhile, one or two of the character 3d models wont display. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

02-08-07, 05:31 PM   #170
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
Originally Posted by Rafite
Got the UI last night and love it! I've only found one problem though, and that is when in a group every once and awhile, one or two of the character 3d models wont display. Any suggestions on how to fix it?
If you are far enough away from another player, the server will not load their info... and their 3D character will not display.

02-08-07, 05:33 PM   #171
mholmes
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
*sigh* How about the FAQ entry that says "I need to adjust the time zone of the clock. How can I do that?"

*sigh* Excuse me. I didnt see it among all of the other "Rambling line of cynicism that no one cares about and things and stuff and even more sarcasam oh yes and a little bit about how to fix something" FAQ lines.

I didnt see it, I'm sorry, and thank you for answering....

02-08-07, 05:48 PM   #172
wolves
A Murloc Raider
Button Locking Issue

Ive been trying to fix this since i dl'd this fab mod a few days ago and its driving me crazy. I can't get the buttons on the bongo bars to lock. Im a die-hard clicker and its heavily frustrating when, in the heat of battle, i remove my FD button from my bar instead of using the ability. Ive gone into the Blizzard Interface options and checked the "lock action bars" box, gone into the bongos menu and made sure the "lock buttons" box was checked, and the buttons still come off the bar. There have been a few brief periods of time when the buttons seemed to be locked, but minutes later they were loose again. HELP!

-wolves

Does anyone else have this issue or know what i can do to remedy it??

02-08-07, 05:57 PM   #173
Aygen
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

*um* Don't mean to barge into the convo here ... do you know why choronometer is having each of its bars overlap each other mazzle? ** I'm using the standard UI Package + A few fubar mods (Auditor, Exitfu) + Auctioneer and Archud (I Have mazzlehud disabled) ... I've tried clean install of mazzle, same thing, i've disabled archud and put mazzlehud back on, no difference.

56 druid

*Fixed my own problem >_< ...In My "Clean install" I forgot to delete my WTF*

Originally Posted by wolves
Ive been trying to fix this since i dl'd this fab mod a few days ago and its driving me crazy. I can't get the buttons on the bongo bars to lock. Im a die-hard clicker and its heavily frustrating when, in the heat of battle, i remove my FD button from my bar instead of using the ability. Ive gone into the Blizzard Interface options and checked the "lock action bars" box, gone into the bongos menu and made sure the "lock buttons" box was checked, and the buttons still come off the bar. There have been a few brief periods of time when the buttons seemed to be locked, but minutes later they were loose again. HELP!

-wolves

Does anyone else have this issue or know what i can do to remedy it??
Try going into the Default Interface menu and checking "Lock Bars" (No idea for sure, just a suggestion)

Last edited by Aygen : 02-08-07 at 06:05 PM.

02-08-07, 06:05 PM   #174
wolves
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Aygen
*um* Don't mean to barge into the convo here ... do you know why choronometer is having each of its bars overlap each other mazzle? ** I'm using the standard UI Package + A few fubar mods (Auditor, Exitfu) + Auctioneer and Archud (I Have mazzlehud disabled) ... I've tried clean install of mazzle, same thing, i've disabled archud and put mazzlehud back on, no difference.

56 druid

Try going into the Default Interface menu and checking "Lock Bars" (No idea for sure, just a suggestion)

Yeah i tried that over and over again, reloggin, reinstalling mazzle ui, i even reinstalled wow, and still the same thing. I cant bring myself to scrap mazzle ui though, so i may start learning how to play with just keybindings to alleviate this.

02-08-07, 06:08 PM   #175
SilverHand
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Rawr.

I've been using it for about a day and a half, and I love every minute of it. I've hooked 4 guildees, 2 friends, and a friend on a different server to this. Mazzle is getting pretty popular

Anyway, in that day and a half, I've also found 1... how to say it. I’m not 100% sure if it qualifies as "Bug", but I'm pretty damn sure I checked all the resources to prove it is Operator-Error. I know, I'm pessimistic about my ability to troubleshoot what seems to be an easy problem. Shoot me.

As far as it goes with my set up of MazzleUI, it seems to not be saving the configurations of other mods outside of Mazzle's perfect world, namely, DoTimer, Necrosis, and CTRA. I know there are alternatives that may or may not use less space, but I've grown so accustomed to them, I can't live without them (Ok, I may be able to live without CTRA, but I'd rather keep it anyway ). I re-read the FAQ for what I estimate to be the 6th time (what, it makes me laugh each time!), searched this forum (both manually and using the search function), and I have done my best to read as many of the posts in this particular thread as I could. As much as I wish it was just my dumbass blundering, I can't find an answer. Everytime I log in, it is just as if I had never installed those mods before. I get the big CTRA intro window, a full generic, all buttons, no keybinds Necrosis, and the two anchors for DoTimer. I was going to post this at forums.worldofwarcraft.com, but I have some minute hope that someone here is knowledgeable enough to slap me upside the head and show me how blind I can be.

EDIT: I 'spose I forgot to mention that while it was saving my Interface, Sound, and Video options, it didn't save my macros.

Last edited by SilverHand : 02-08-07 at 06:12 PM.

02-08-07, 06:09 PM   #176
txdadu
A Murloc Raider
To be fair, I disagree with a mod doing things without my control or without my prior knowledge. Maybe you would like the advertisement, but similar to ripping tags off clothing that obstinately display their logo, I will be removing this.

02-08-07, 06:27 PM   #177
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm not sure if this is the problem, but there's an option in Bongos to lock bars and an option to lock buttons. Locking bars stops you from moving the entire bar. Locking buttons stops you from moving actions in buttons. Make sure you are doing the latter item.

Both are also accessible from the MazzleUI Fubar entry.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 02-08-07 at 07:00 PM.

02-08-07, 06:31 PM   #178
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by SilverHand
Rawr.

I've been using it for about a day and a half, and I love every minute of it. I've hooked 4 guildees, 2 friends, and a friend on a different server to this. Mazzle is getting pretty popular

Anyway, in that day and a half, I've also found 1... how to say it. I’m not 100% sure if it qualifies as "Bug", but I'm pretty damn sure I checked all the resources to prove it is Operator-Error. I know, I'm pessimistic about my ability to troubleshoot what seems to be an easy problem. Shoot me.

As far as it goes with my set up of MazzleUI, it seems to not be saving the configurations of other mods outside of Mazzle's perfect world, namely, DoTimer, Necrosis, and CTRA. I know there are alternatives that may or may not use less space, but I've grown so accustomed to them, I can't live without them (Ok, I may be able to live without CTRA, but I'd rather keep it anyway ). I re-read the FAQ for what I estimate to be the 6th time (what, it makes me laugh each time!), searched this forum (both manually and using the search function), and I have done my best to read as many of the posts in this particular thread as I could. As much as I wish it was just my dumbass blundering, I can't find an answer. Everytime I log in, it is just as if I had never installed those mods before. I get the big CTRA intro window, a full generic, all buttons, no keybinds Necrosis, and the two anchors for DoTimer. I was going to post this at forums.worldofwarcraft.com, but I have some minute hope that someone here is knowledgeable enough to slap me upside the head and show me how blind I can be.

EDIT: I 'spose I forgot to mention that while it was saving my Interface, Sound, and Video options, it didn't save my macros.
There's nothing that I know of that should stop another add-on from saving its variables. The only thing I can think of is that WoW is crashing when you log out. I'm guessing you would have mentioned that, though. I guess it's possible some other program could be locking the file, though that seems highly unlikely.

I'd look in your saved variables folder and see if the settings for those add-ons are being created. Other than that, I don't know.

And if you're on a mac, check that mac thread.

02-08-07, 06:52 PM   #179
Shoki
A Murloc Raider
First let me say thanks for all your hard work in getting this mod done. I'm in the middle of configuring it to fit my style.

My problem is that if I go to key bindings (from the main menu), it wont let me bind shift + mouse wheel up or mouse wheel down. By default these are set to change some of my action bars, but what I like to set them for is targeting nearest enemy and attacking. I find this is good for quickly attacking the nearest thing when I'm a melee character. Any suggestions on how I can get these to bind like the used to?

Thanks!

02-08-07, 06:59 PM   #180
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Shoki
First let me say thanks for all your hard work in getting this mod done. I'm in the middle of configuring it to fit my style.

My problem is that if I go to key bindings (from the main menu), it wont let me bind shift + mouse wheel up or mouse wheel down. By default these are set to change some of my action bars, but what I like to set them for is targeting nearest enemy and attacking. I find this is good for quickly attacking the nearest thing when I'm a melee character. Any suggestions on how I can get these to bind like the used to?

Thanks!

You'll find that listed as a known issue, both in the in-game faq and the bug-report thread. To get around it, you can disable mybindings2, bind your mousewheel to something, and then re-enable it.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » OLD Support Thread (Ask questions here!) OLD