06-13-09, 04:27 PM   #1
Mechrior
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Question unexplored area's not showing on map

I have the unexplored area's set to max darkness using the transparency settings but they are still not showing the shadow/darkened area on the map at all.... its starting to get really annoying.

Please help someone..... thanks.

06-13-09, 07:08 PM   #2
Mechrior
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

/bump o lol

06-13-09, 10:05 PM   #3
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
All I know is I right click the Carb map and select Transparency from the drop down menu.

From there adjust the slider for "Unexplored Transparency" The lower (to the left) you set it the darker the unexplored ares get.

I noticed that the r-click option only shows if you are on the "Normal" Carbonite map not the "Max" one.

I set a keybinding for "Toggle None or Normal" to "M" to make it so pressing the M button opens the Normal Carbonite map (It's the resizable one). You can r-click that one. For some reason I do not get that option on the Max map asd the Max map is also click thru for me too .. but that's prolly an option I overlooked.

06-13-09, 11:03 PM   #4
Mechrior
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Question

Originally Posted by Sepioth View Post
From there adjust the slider for "Unexplored Transparency" The lower (to the left) you set it the darker the unexplored ares get.
Already tried that, and clearing the saved variables for Carb..... neither worked..... strangely it works on my laptop which has a carbon copy of the wow folder from my main PC!

06-14-09, 12:53 AM   #5
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
Sorry .. I tried.

I'm sure the Carb team will help soon. They seem to be away on weekends though .. At least there posting gets quiet on the weekends anyway.

06-14-09, 03:55 AM   #6
Mechrior
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Sepioth View Post
Sorry .. I tried.

I'm sure the Carb team will help soon. They seem to be away on weekends though .. At least there posting gets quiet on the weekends anyway.
Its cool...... at least you gave input which makes Mech happy! lolz.....

sory random early morning Short Circuit thoughts!

05-08-10, 07:24 AM   #7
tmusser
A Murloc Raider
same problem here

/bump

Unexplored areas are not darkened for me either.

I have transparency set all the way to the left. I have the "Show" -> "Show Unexplored Areas" box unchecked.

HELP!

Terry

05-11-10, 12:47 PM   #8
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by tmusser View Post
/bump

Unexplored areas are not darkened for me either.

I have transparency set all the way to the left. I have the "Show" -> "Show Unexplored Areas" box unchecked.

HELP!

Terry
Right click Carbonite's minimized map and choose "Transparency". The very last slider on that page is for "Unexplored Transparency". Set the slider so the amount is "0.35" and those areas should be darker. Remember: If you have your cursor over the slider you can use the mouse wheel to scroll instead of having to "drag" the slider. Just a little bit more finer adjustments that way. Oh, and leave the "Show unexplored areas" check box unchecked.

05-19-10, 09:50 AM   #9
merlik
A Defias Bandit
I'm having the same problem and I know it used to work. Not sure what is causing it and I have followed the steps mentioned above and it doesn't fix it. I have also tried to Route -> Unexplored Locations and nothing happens. I know that used to work too because I used it a few months ago. This was before I got to Northrend though, so maybe it is just a problem in Northrend? Thanks for your help.

05-29-10, 10:37 AM   #10
tase
A Murloc Raider
I had the same problem, pretty sure it worked at first, but after some fiddling, I broke it.

But interestingly enough, I logged in the game to check my settings, and when I unchecked "Show unexplored areas", the whole zone I was in got completely "unexplored" (which is wrong since I do have it explored), with the correct transparency (50%), but as soon as I changed zones and came back, they all where shown as fully explored.

Hope this helps,
Tase.

05-29-10, 10:13 PM   #11
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by tase View Post
I had the same problem, pretty sure it worked at first, but after some fiddling, I broke it.

But interestingly enough, I logged in the game to check my settings, and when I unchecked "Show unexplored areas", the whole zone I was in got completely "unexplored" (which is wrong since I do have it explored), with the correct transparency (50%), but as soon as I changed zones and came back, they all where shown as fully explored.

Hope this helps,
Tase.
The option "Show unexplored areas" is "Carboniteeze" for "Don't put a shadow over ANYTHING". I've found that an awful lot of times when you change an option in something, it's a good idea to "/rl" before moving on with your game.

05-30-10, 07:09 PM   #12
tase
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
The option "Show unexplored areas" is "Carboniteeze" for "Don't put a shadow over ANYTHING". I've found that an awful lot of times when you change an option in something, it's a good idea to "/rl" before moving on with your game.
Just did as you said, unchecked "Show Unexplored Regions", all the region went gray, /reloaded, and now the whole region is unexplored, as well as every other region.

No advancement

06-10-10, 06:29 PM   #13
tase
A Murloc Raider
Bump.

Anyway to debug this thing, or perhaps I should reinstall. I don<t have unexplored areas "grayed" out, and the routing for explored areas does nothing.

Last edited by tase : 06-10-10 at 07:30 PM.

06-10-10, 09:04 PM   #14
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by tase View Post
Bump.

Anyway to debug this thing, or perhaps I should reinstall. I don<t have unexplored areas "grayed" out, and the routing for explored areas does nothing.
Have you tried with only Carbonite enabled to see if it's interference from another addon?

06-11-10, 01:32 PM   #15
tase
A Murloc Raider
Of course, I got it to work doing that.

Seems it was conflicting with Zygor's Guide addons.

06-15-10, 08:12 PM   #16
Calyx
A Defias Bandit

Thank you! It's actually not a conflict with Zygor but rather the "Reveal Map" checkbox in the Zygor "Waypoints" configuration menu.

This has been driving me batty forever since I couldn't tell where I needed to go to complete zone explorations!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » unexplored area's not showing on map