08-02-09, 03:37 PM   #1
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Better Cache management.

Several times now when I've had to re-install WoWMinion (mostly cause I wiped it from an OS re-install), I get updates for Add-ons that should have updated weeks ago.

I run WoWMinion every few days, normally updating only when key add-ons update, or when a bunch show up. Over the course of several weeks, there's rarely been any more than a few. However, every time I re-install WoWMinion, it scans the same list of add-ons and then tells me there are dozens of updates (some weeks old).

Since there's no way to force updates in WoW Minion, I feel like I'm flying blind on my updates.

Secondly - you need an ability to update WoW Minion dynamically. Lets say I went and manually deleted or added an add-on, right now the only way to update the list is by going into options and hitting okay??? Not intuitive and I'm fairly certain this wasn't the original intent.

Just my 2 cp. Good work on WoWMinion so far. Other than lack of update sites, it's does surpasses WoWMatrix (especially in speed).
08-04-09, 10:52 PM   #2
ScytheBlade1
aka Sbo

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
A few things.

1) When you launch Minion, it downloads a catalog of updates from the server. In short, it "updates" every time you launch it. Any delay is server side, and I'll get that looked at.
2) Your reinstallation of Minion followed by it saying there are numerous updates available kinda puzzles me. Is there any chance you could make this happen again, and then give me steps to reproduce it and upload a log file?

Secondly - you need an ability to update WoW Minion dynamically. Lets say I went and manually deleted or added an add-on, right now the only way to update the list is by going into options and hitting okay??? Not intuitive and I'm fairly certain this wasn't the original intent.
I'm not positive about this, but simply closing and opening minion *should* update the list. You're right, that isn't intuitive and it honestly makes very little sense. Are you deleting/adding addons manually with Minion open?
<Iriel> does your 'therapy' involve pitchforks and boiling oil?
08-14-09, 05:38 PM   #3
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by ScytheBlade1 View Post
A few things.

1) When you launch Minion, it downloads a catalog of updates from the server. In short, it "updates" every time you launch it. Any delay is server side, and I'll get that looked at.
2) Your reinstallation of Minion followed by it saying there are numerous updates available kinda puzzles me. Is there any chance you could make this happen again, and then give me steps to reproduce it and upload a log file?
I can see if I can replicate it again. Like I said, it's something I've noticed the two times I've updated my OS (in turn reinstalled WoWMinion - WoW has always been a separate drive.).

Originally Posted by ScytheBlade1 View Post
I'm not positive about this, but simply closing and opening minion *should* update the list. You're right, that isn't intuitive and it honestly makes very little sense. Are you deleting/adding addons manually with Minion open?
In some cases, yes, I'm manually modifying my addons through some means. For example, WoWMinion isn't taking care of all folders on delete (Bagnon - I added then deleted it through WoWMinon and a load of additional folders/addons associated with Bagnon still remain). A nice ability to refresh would be useful. I'd like two levels: full reload (of datafile, everything) and a refresh which just updates the addon list, comparing to the local cache datafile.

Last edited by guice : 08-14-09 at 05:42 PM.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » Better Cache management.