08-05-09, 12:09 PM   #1
Promega
A Defias Bandit
Install Fails: Windows XP Java 1.6

An error occurred while trying to perform the install: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\download-7069214416668454192.exe": CreateProcess error=14001, This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Removing the files that share the format download-#################(.exe&.zip). Doesn't help. Neither does pre-creating the
"C:\Program Files\MMOUI Minion"

Java is up to date and working properly according to Sun's test on their web site.

Running XP Pro as Admin

My friend has this exact same problem. No amount of java reinstalling has fixed it for him.
08-05-09, 12:37 PM   #2
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Are you sure you are using Java 1.6? I was updating all my drivers yesterday and latest release of java for XP is Java 6 Update 15. I was under the impression that that old line was discontinued even for Windows 9x. If I misread something here, my apologies.

08-05-09, 01:38 PM   #3
Slakah
A Molten Giant

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...27&postcount=8 this from what I've seen is the number one issue, and is a fundamental flaw of the installation process.
08-05-09, 02:55 PM   #4
Promega
A Defias Bandit
This works for me. Please add this to list of known issues and the solution posted in the reply above along with it thanks
08-05-09, 03:23 PM   #5
ScytheBlade1
aka Sbo

Premium Member
I'm honestly not sure how I missed that in the FAQ. Thanks.
<Iriel> does your 'therapy' involve pitchforks and boiling oil?

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » Install Fails: Windows XP Java 1.6