02-20-08, 10:32 AM   #1
mozulo
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Thumbs up Raider-99 UI Released!!

Please check out raider-99 UI.

UI Located Here

This UI is designed for raiding with minimal info needed but feature rich.

Res support 1680x1050,1400x900,1280x1024

let me know your thoughts and comments.

Last edited by mozulo : 02-21-08 at 08:23 PM.
03-26-08, 08:08 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Alright, both of you! Step back, take a breath and chill!

Disagreements and differences of opinion are one thing, but outright flaming is something else entirely. And that something else is against the rules of this site. You can express your opinion without being rude. People on this site are expected to behave with courtesy and respect for each other. If you can't abide by those rules, you are welcome to take your commentary to the sorts of sites that allow that type of behaviour.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
03-27-08, 09:44 AM   #3
Savissa
A Defias Bandit
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Alright, both of you! Step back, take a breath and chill!

Disagreements and differences of opinion are one thing, but outright flaming is something else entirely. And that something else is against the rules of this site. You can express your opinion without being rude. People on this site are expected to behave with courtesy and respect for each other. If you can't abide by those rules, you are welcome to take your commentary to the sorts of sites that allow that type of behaviour.
That's fine and I have no issues with that what so ever. But I think at the same time you should also set a minimal standard in which people have to meet in order to be considered authors of any scale which includes documentation and listing mods used by other authors that actually took the time to put together the mods that people are using and putting into compilation packs such as this .... whatever you want to call it.

Fact remains that as I said this compilation is absolutely not documented and very very poorly laid out. The only thing this guy could do was push a flame out after I called the pack exactly what it was.

People do not spend hours creating addons just to have someone come along and steal their mods into a pack and then be given no credit what so ever. If you're going to be a compilation author then you absolutely must document so that people can see what is going into it and if there is any custom work the person has done then they can give themselves credit.

This pack should be removed from the site until it meets some logical minimal standards where mod authors are given some level of credit and some level of "HELP" for quick overview of the mods in a compilation should always be included.

Sorry but I've been creating my own compilations for guild members for several years now off and on and with the release of 2.4 I wanted to give some other compilation packs a try for a change. I call things like I see them and this one was simply garbage because it didn't lay out properly, it was not documented at all, there was no bother to include a list of mods in the pack prior to downloading it.

Noted: The screens look decent for it so figured sure.. we'll take a look. After doing so I was shocked to see that this guy wants to claim this as a compilation pack without doing any of the footwork and laying things out poorly in the initial pack. Heck he's even nice enough to give us his login username in the pack so hey brute password attempts might be coming his direction because can't be bothered to fix basic things to insure his own security of his account.

Anyway you put it, this compilation doesn't even deserve a spot on this site when every other compilation author takes the time to document with some level of sanity checking prior to putting materials up for download.

Please consider this.

This package still gets a 0/5. It's not worth a download to even look at. All fluff and not a thing useful to a real raider.
03-27-08, 10:33 AM   #4
mozulo
Premium Member

Premium Member
Again one person with a problem no one else has commented all i see is thanks great UI not anythink along the lines of this is all over the place one person im not going to worry about really as i have already said if it was 3 or more people saying the same as you then yes a error somewhere i see nothink like that.

you are just flaming my UI and wowinterface becuase you cant use it.

Last edited by mozulo : 03-27-08 at 10:47 AM.
03-28-08, 03:42 AM   #5
Savissa
A Defias Bandit
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by mozulo View Post
Again one person with a problem no one else has commented all i see is thanks great UI not anythink along the lines of this is all over the place one person im not going to worry about really as i have already said if it was 3 or more people saying the same as you then yes a error somewhere i see nothink like that.

you are just flaming my UI and wowinterface becuase you cant use it.
Nothing I posted was a flame. I also wasn't directing my comments at you but to the admin that stepped in and removed the comments between you and I.

You once again reply making rude remarks and accuse me of "flaming" you or your mod pack when in fact there are genuine issues with your compilation that even you have acknowledged per you so called upcoming release of gen-99..

Also, not all the comments made about your compilation were positive I might add. There are people that had genuine problems that you were unable to give clear answers on how to resolve. That speaks volumes towards your credibility and to my points regarding the UI compilation.

It's not that I "can't" figure out how to fix things with your compilation. I don't want to waste my time having to go lookup all the information about the mods you have included just to find all the proper commands and right info in order to fix what is broken to start with.

A compilation package is done for one reason, to include a base set of mods for people to use out of the box with minimal work to get it all setup and going. With this package this is not the case and like it or not that is the basis of what I have been trying to get through to you in the first place.

The number of downloads a package gets does not mean that everyone is using that compilation package. You're making an assumption here which you honestly shouldn't do. During major patch days people like me pop on and do exactly what I do.. Sort through the various mods and compilations and test them out to see if we can find a new flavor of the day to play with till either our favorites get updated or until one grows on us enough to use. Most people like myself will go back to their old standby as soon as enough updates are released.

You are the one that wanted feedback on the package and it seems that if there is something negative passed back to you regarding this package that you would rather pass the buck instead of resolving the issue or explaining what needs to be explained so that others don't have the same problems.

As I had pointed out in another post, the MirageUI compilation package is by far more complex in what is included and what you have to do to lay it out to suit your needs but it also has a ton of helpful information posted by LED in order to insure the users have a clear idea of what to do and where to do it so that the package can be installed and laid out quickly. Base time since all info is included to do a fresh install is 10 minutes at the longest since the documentation is comprehensive and the package is very well laid out.

I have had zero issues with that package in over three years now since he's been producing it and I've created, documented, and presented modified versions of that very package with needed mods the guild members have had to use for raiding ever since with no issues whatsoever. I understand mod compilations very well and I also understand what defines a well put together package as is demonstrated by several other authors on this site that maintain and work hard to put their packages together.

Upon seeing your package and how it was tossed together I made a clear decision to make a bold statement regarding how poorly this package was created and documented. Not everyone out there understands the UI packages and not everyone out there can spend tons of time trying to figure out how to make one work. They want something that works out of the box with little work because not everyone that plays wow is a PC / IT Tech nor do all of them understand computers beyond the on/off switch and how to click the mouse and type on the keyboard.

I also think you should take the time to remove the package from the site, remove your personal login name info from the package, remove all of the items from the button mods, and insure that users are getting a clean start package instead of having to take time to remove clutter you've left in it.

The 1400x900 package does not lay out per your screenshots and it was not easy to figure out where everything was at due to items cluttering over the top of one another and there being no central configuration utility and again, documentation to outline what vital commands were available to the users to quickly and easily setup the compilation.

Now if you can't handle some truthful feedback then that's your problem but I've not flamed you or your compilation in the recent posts and I'd appreciate it if you'd stop making petty accusations that I am "spamming" or making assertions about my credibility which you are obviously unable to substantiate and your only replies seem to try and accuse me of being too ignorant to figure out your package.

Good luck.. You're going to need it..
03-28-08, 04:58 AM   #6
mozulo
Premium Member

Premium Member
So why did you not open your comments with that you are having problems with the UI instead your comment was as follows>>>> this UI is total garbage instantly that just says you have no way to address problems other than to insult it.

again all your comments contain the same as you have already said.

UI is still getting downloads with good comments so your review seems to not effect anythink.

Last edited by mozulo : 03-28-08 at 05:15 AM.
03-28-08, 05:19 AM   #7
yoduki
A Murloc Raider
Quoted from my comments contained within the comments section of the UI:

I have been reading your comments Savissa and i must say do you have a life? all i have seen you do is kick this UI to the ground.

now i use this UI and have done for a long time since it was first released also alot of guild members use this too, there was a error with this UI and was fixed the day after maybe you are downloading the out of date broken verson now if you dont have anythink more to say go and flame forums like IT and talk it somewhere else becuase your few comments are so draining to read these are forums not a teachers class room.

mozulo keep up the work with this UI for your first UI it is good
yes you need to include some more info with the UI but as you have said your next UI will contain that.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Raider-99 UI Released!!