05-31-11, 10:27 PM   #1
Idasiv
A Kobold Labourer
Turning Lag while in Raids/ZA/ZG

Hi guys!

First I'd like to say to the Carbonite dev team that I love your addon, first addon I downloaded when my friends dragged me into the game.

Now to the issue,

Ever since the last Carbonite update (4.1) I've been experiencing lag in ZA/ZG as well as ToTFW while turning my character. Turning my camera does not cause this lag and when standing still or walking straight, or even walking straight forward while strafing side to side there is no lag, its solely when the character actually rotates. The FPS usually drops below 15.

In BWD I also suffer an FPS drop from a capped 60 to 15. Not a big issue as I can still raid fine.

I don't know how to generate those error reports that others are posting, but I'll figure it out and post one when I can.

Thanks for reading.

*And yes, I cleared my WTF/Cache/Interface folders and reinstalled addons one by one and tested each. Carbonite was the first I reinstalled and the only one that causes problems.

06-04-11, 01:58 PM   #2
Torxed
A Murloc Raider
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKDEh6LlLoE

Same here, however it's not just instances.

06-04-11, 02:38 PM   #3
Vlad
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Off-topic: Jesus, the music is really loud and was it necessary?

06-04-11, 03:05 PM   #4
Torxed
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
Off-topic: Jesus, the music is really loud and was it necessary?
1: it's the audio-swap feature in YouTube (not my fault)
2: You can mute the sound, or lower the volume..
3: Anything was better then my voice behind the camera ;P

06-04-11, 05:29 PM   #5
Vlad
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I know, just was caught off-guard and my ears bled for a minute. In my rage state I posted my comment. :P

06-04-11, 08:49 PM   #6
ultima9
A Murloc Raider
I too notice this.

I also have seen this same issue. Drove me nuts for a while - however i found that if you uncheck the "Follow You" option in the right click menu it will completely stop the problem. (and the map doesn't stop following you either - odd)

I've noticed this in just a few instances - the new zandalar ones, and baradin hold are the 3 big ones that i recognize.

If there's any info you'd like from me to track this down, let me know. Thanks - great addon - one of the best of the best!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Turning Lag while in Raids/ZA/ZG