04-06-11, 09:20 AM   #1
lrrodrig
A Murloc Raider
Unable to install Minion: "java.IOException: Status Code 2 returned"

I am unable to install Minion. I'm able to download the installer and fire it up, select the install location, etc. It kicks of component downloads and attempts to install and then... *bam* errors out. I've attached an image of the error.

The system is Windows 7 Enterprise, 64bit. Core I7-2600, 16GB RAM, installed two days ago. All drivers are up to date and Windows Updates are current to today (Apr 7, 2011).

The only thing special going on in the system is that most of the user special directories (My Documents, etc) have been relocated to the D: drive (C: is an SSD) using the inbuilt relocation capabilities of the UI. The user profile folder remains on C: in c:\users. My user profile is the only user profile on the system and, given how long the system has been running, should not be corrupt.

I've reinstalled Java, made sure I had the right VisualC runtimes, ensured the system was patched and I've even tried running the installer from an elevated command prompt.

Any help resolving this issue would be utterly appreciated. I'm at my wits' end.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	763
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	5957  
04-06-11, 10:03 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It may aid Shirik if you attach your log file (if it has been created). See this thread to find its location: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=24088
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-06-11, 10:53 AM   #3
lrrodrig
A Murloc Raider
Unfortunately, there's no log file to attach.
04-10-11, 03:04 AM   #4
lrrodrig
A Murloc Raider
Nobody's got any ideas?
04-10-11, 03:21 AM   #5
lrrodrig
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy

Originally Posted by lrrodrig View Post
Nobody's got any ideas?
Actually, I've got an idea: how about I stop making invalid assumptions?

So, I just created a new user and tried to install Minion from IE and it worked just fine. Now, I'd tried that using my own user account, but it always failed.

Sorry for wasting anyone's time. It looks like the problem was my user profile all along.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » Unable to install Minion: "java.IOException: Status Code 2 returned"