10-01-16, 03:56 AM   #1
kawe
A Cyclonian

FrameXML

Code:
10/1 00:55:06.235  Loading add-on BigWigs
10/1 00:55:06.235  ** Loading table of contents Interface\AddOns\BigWigs\BigWigs.toc
10/1 00:55:06.235  Couldn't parse XML in Interface\AddOns\BigWigs\modules.xml
10/1 00:55:06.235  Loading add-on oUF_Abu
10/1 00:55:06.235  ** Loading table of contents Interface\AddOns\oUF_Abu\oUF_Abu.toc
10/1 00:55:06.235  ++ Loading file Interface\AddOns\oUF_Abu\Modules\modules.xml
10/1 00:55:06.235  Error loading Interface\AddOns\oUF_Abu\Modules\oUF_Smooth.lua
10/1 00:55:06.235  Loading add-on Plater
10/1 00:55:06.235  ** Loading table of contents Interface\AddOns\Plater\Plater.toc
10/1 00:55:06.235  ++ Loading file Interface\AddOns\Plater\libs\libs.xml
10/1 00:55:06.235  Couldn't open Interface\AddOns\Plater\libs\AceSerializer-3.0\AceSerializer-3.0.xml
10/1 00:55:06.235  Loading add-on xanAutoMail
10/1 00:55:06.235  ** Loading table of contents Interface\AddOns\xanAutoMail\xanAutoMail.toc
10/1 00:55:06.235  Error loading Interface\AddOns\xanAutoMail\libs\LibStub\LibStub.lua
10/1 00:55:06.235  Error loading Interface\AddOns\xanAutoMail\libs\AceHook-3.0\AceHook-3.0.lua
10/1 00:55:27.122  Loading add-on Blizzard_TalkingHeadUI
10/1 00:55:27.122  ** Loading table of contents Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_TalkingHeadUI\Blizzard_TalkingHeadUI.toc
10/1 00:55:27.122  ++ Loading file Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_TalkingHeadUI\Blizzard_TalkingHeadUI.xml
10/1 00:55:27.122  Frame <unnamed>: Unknown function 0 in element OnAnimFinished
10/1 00:58:28.214  Loading add-on Blizzard_StoreUI
10/1 00:58:28.214  ** Loading table of contents Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUI.toc
10/1 00:58:28.214  ++ Loading file Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUI.xml
10/1 00:58:28.214  Couldn't find frame parent: UIParent
10/1 00:58:28.214  ServicesLogoutPopup: Couldn't find relative frame: UIParent
10/1 00:58:28.214  Couldn't find inherited font: ChatFontNormal
can anyone clarify these errors? do i have to update Libs or post on addon pages? i had several weird freezes while playing, trying to figure out what it was and i checked this first
10-01-16, 01:27 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
None of those errors are particularly meaningful, and none would be causing any freezes/crashes.

• There's some syntax error in BigWigs/modules.xml -- I'm pretty sure this file is only used if you're running a development copy (ie. SVN checkout), not a release package, so unless BigWigs isn't working in-game, this doesn't matter.

• oUF_Abu is trying to load a file that doesn't exist (Modules/oUF_Smooth.lua) -- the only effect this will have is that the status bars on your unit frames won't be animated when their values change.

• Plater is trying to load the AceSerializer-3.0 library, but doesn't actually include a copy of that library. If the addon works when it's the only one running, then it's probably not actually using this library, and this doesn't matter, but if it breaks or throws errors in-game, you should report this to its author.

• xanAutoMail is trying to load LibStub and AceHook-3.0, but doesn't actually include copies of them. See above.

• Blizzard_TalkingHeadUI attempts to set a nonexistent function as a script handler. This error is less a result of specifying a nonexistent function (though that should be fixed/removed) and more a result of something idiotic in the way Blizz parses XML. Doing the same thing in Lua will not throw an error; it will just remove the handler for that script event since it's effectively passing a nil value as the handler.

• Blizzard_StoreUI ... I don't even know what's going on here, because it's claiming it can't find the UIParent frame or the ChatFontNormal font object, but if those somehow didn't exist, then a large percentage of everything in the UI -- both default and addons -- would be broken. I wouldn't worry about this, especially if the in-game store UI works fine for you, or you don't use the in-game store.

Here are some troubleshooting steps you should try:

1. Make sure you have an error display enabled to show you errors that occur in-game. (Yes, the default UI has an error display you can enable, but it's unable to show you errors that happen during login, and it's obnoxiously intrusive.)

2. Check your addon memory and CPU usage. You may have a badly written addon that's generating tons of garbage (discarded objects like strings and tables that fill up memory) and/or hogging the CPU. (Don't forget to disable CPU profiling when you're done troubleshooting -- running it takes up a lot of CPU time itself, so just having it on will significantly reduce your framerate.)

3. Try disabling addons to narrow down which one is causing the problem. If the freezes are predictable (eg. it always happens when you enter combat, or it always happens when you disenchant an item) you can start by disabling addons that you think do stuff in that scenario (eg. combat monitoring addons, or bag/loot/profession addons), or you can just use a binary search pattern.

Last edited by Phanx : 10-01-16 at 01:29 PM.
10-02-16, 04:19 AM   #3
kawe
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
• Plater is trying to load the AceSerializer-3.0 library, but doesn't actually include a copy of that library
• xanAutoMail is trying to load LibStub and AceHook-3.0, but doesn't actually include copies of them. See above
thank you for your time again phanx, appreciated. 3 questions;

- does every addon which calles uppon certain libs need to include them inside their own addon?
- why isnt there 1 main lib addon running so every other addon inside your addon folder can use it?
- i have made my own shard media, but i have to register and inculde those lib (shard&stub); there are 2 new versions on ace, i updated those 2 files, loaded the addon, and suddenly it broke a couple of other addons, which threw out lua erros
how can i prevent overlap when i have lik 10addons with each their own version of ace/shared/libstubs?
10-02-16, 08:29 AM   #4
Lombra
A Molten Giant

They either have to be included in the addon, or specifed as dependencies, the latter of which meaning you install the libraries as regular addons, also known as disembedding. Disembedding is generally not very user friendly, however. Having those libraries as addons may confuse users.

That being said, all (probably) libraries have within the first few lines of code a condition that prevents the file from loading if a matching or newer version of the library is already loaded, so as far as wasted resources go, you need not worry. Most or many libraries I believe also aim to maintain compatibility between minor version updates. I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a breaking change in LibStub for many, many years (or ever?!), and I'm not sure about LibSharedMedia, but I doubt it's changed to a degree that it would break many of your addons.

If you actually want help with the errors though, merely stating that you're getting errors is not useful at all.
10-02-16, 11:59 AM   #5
kawe
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Lombra View Post
They either have to be included in the addon, or specifed as dependencies, the latter of which meaning you install the libraries as regular addons, also known as disembedding. Disembedding is generally not very user friendly, however. Having those libraries as addons may confuse users.

That being said, all (probably) libraries have within the first few lines of code a condition that prevents the file from loading if a matching or newer version of the library is already loaded, so as far as wasted resources go, you need not worry. Most or many libraries I believe also aim to maintain compatibility between minor version updates. I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a breaking change in LibStub for many, many years (or ever?!), and I'm not sure about LibSharedMedia, but I doubt it's changed to a degree that it would break many of your addons.

If you actually want help with the errors though, merely stating that you're getting errors is not useful at all.
thx for reply. first 2 crashes where no errors; my whole PC froze :O
addon worldquesttracker was crashing my system. so that problem is solved. i didnt think of saving the error. but here is one example. i deleted the media and went back to the older version which actually did work.

Code:
Message: ...ibNameplateRegistry-1.0\LibNameplateRegistry-1.0.lua:1112: LibNameplateRegistry-1.013 has died due to a serious incompatibility issue: TRACKING: OnHide
Time: 10/02/16 19:49:57
Count: 1
Stack: [C]: in function `error'
...ibNameplateRegistry-1.0\LibNameplateRegistry-1.0.lua:1112: in function <...ibNameplateRegistry-1.0\LibNameplateRegistry-1.0.lua:1109>

Locals: (*temporary) = "LibNameplateRegistry-1.013 has died due to a serious incompatibility issue: TRACKING: OnHide"
files
- CallbackHandler-1.0
- LibSharedMedia-3.0
- LibStub (-- $Id: LibStub.lua 103 2014-10-16 03:02:50Z mikk $)

.toc
#@no-lib-strip@
libs\LibStub\LibStub.lua
libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.xml
libs\LibSharedMedia-3.0\lib.xml
#@end-no-lib-strip@
10-02-16, 09:51 PM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by kawe View Post
- i have made my own shard media, but i have to register and inculde those lib (shard&stub); there are 2 new versions on ace, i updated those 2 files, loaded the addon, and suddenly it broke a couple of other addons, which threw out lua erros
The error you posted has nothing to do with LibSharedMedia-3.0, and nothing has ever changed in LibSharedMedia-3.0 that would break addons using it. If there were ever any backwards-incompatible changes made, a new LibSharedMedia-4.0 would be created so that addons using 3.0 were not affected. The number isn't chosen at random to sound cool; it's an example of semantic versioning.

Without seeing the actual errors -- and the code that causes them -- nobody here can tell you why they did happen, but I can promise you that they did not happen because you updated to a newer revision of LibSharedMedia-3.0. The last update to the library code itself happened over a year ago (all revisions since then have just been updating the Interface version number in the TOC file for standalone library users, so WoW doesn't mark it as "out of date" in the addon list) and the only changes made at that time were to add file path validation when registering sound files. The last change before that was 2 years ago, and added a few background textures to the built-in texture list.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » FrameXML