10-15-08, 11:54 PM   #1
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Question *Temporary Replacement?*

Yeah, I'm not a coder. I was curious if any were interested in a temp. replacement until this all gets sorted out? I'll ask the technical questions in the appropriate channels, but since I'm attempting to mimic my favorite ui, I thought this would be the best place to get feedback for interest. If I'm out of line, I won't be offended if this is moved to the appropriate spot.

The Screenshot

I don't know how to take a SS of my AddonOns folder, but if there's interest I'd like to know if there's a way to recode something like Minimap Button Bin to work like the context menu. I also need to go and read through MBB to see how to move the buttons I can't get off of my minimap to the bins. Still some tweaking to do to get more of a feel of Mazzle, but I'm almost happy for my own taste. Any feedback is appreciated.

Last edited by Yhor : 10-15-08 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Title should have been a question and not a statement.
10-16-08, 02:06 PM   #2
Ganakh
A Murloc Raider
The easiest way (IMHO) to take a Print Screen of a folder is to

1. hit print screen
2. open Paint
3. click on the canvas
4. Ctrl + V

then save it as whatever you like.

BTW, looks like a good start!!!

Ganakh
10-16-08, 03:29 PM   #3
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Thanks

I'll be adding some more to it soon (PvP tools, etc...). Also I've made a few adjustments to Character and Target frame to keep health/power info inside the frames, as well as Names (reaction colored). I'll grab some more SS in raid tonight.
10-16-08, 10:17 PM   #4
Carthrix
An Aku'mai Servant
this will let move the minimap buttons

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...apButtons.html
10-16-08, 11:46 PM   #5
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Carthrix View Post
this will let move the minimap buttons

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...apButtons.html

I knew it was something simple tyvm
10-17-08, 12:23 AM   #6
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I've since switched to all Pitbull unit frames, because agUF wasn't playing nice with my fps with both UF mods coexisting. Here's the layout in raid with agUF (Pitbull has same layout and scale, but they wouldn't let me stop the raid to reconfigure ).

This is the party layout I'm using. The UF to the right of my character frame is my focus, above me is my pet and it's target. I'm still looking for a low real estate buff timers mod, the 2 I've tried so far were killing me with configuring them the way I like. I'm also working on a "context menu" using Geist (just downloaded 10 min. ago).

10-18-08, 01:55 PM   #7
Mellowed
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I agree to having a temp replacement, I will not touch WoW untill I have mazzle back, or something like it :P, its just too good of a mod to go back to normal blizz ui :P.

Although, I'm not a fan of this one, it seems to be 'unorganized' imo, but im sure if u made a bit more adjustments, or maybe if some people helped out, it could be alot better!

P.S. If i offended you, i apologize, I'm not meaning to offende you or anybody, i just simply posted my opinion, and reason why i wouldnt like to use this EXACT UI as a replacement, but would love to use it, if it gets some tiny adjustments on it . Great work on making a new mod that works tho, awesome job!!
10-18-08, 04:01 PM   #8
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm continuing to tweek it to my liking, I removed the "cave" and started using all Pitbulll and added Feist to replace context menu (still trying to figure out Geist's method of grabbing buttons).

SS of my latest.
10-18-08, 05:28 PM   #9
malathar
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Here's my attempt to recreate Mazzle =). I did my best to keep it looking exactly the same and buttons in the same spot because I hate learning where things are at again.

-Didn't use HitsMode, because I never looked at the screen anyways other than to see who got what loot.
-Removed Fubar and its addons simply to lessen the memory usage.
-Used Macaroon for the action bar, only because you can make more than 10 bars with it. Its a memory hog though =(
-Not sure how to make the panels flash red, played around with BanzaiAlert a little, but ended up making my UI disappear with it. haha. =(

Any ideas how to make panels from eepanel flash red?

Last edited by malathar : 10-18-08 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Edit: Updated image.
10-18-08, 05:50 PM   #10
dunzer
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by malathar View Post
Anyone know how I can get 3d portraits like MazzleUI had?
Try ZMobDB Advanced6 it may do what you are looking for

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Advanced6.html
10-18-08, 07:41 PM   #11
malathar
A Cliff Giant
bump, check out my post above. Edited it a bit.
10-18-08, 08:29 PM   #12
Kulstad
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Malathar, would you mind listing all the addons you *did* use? I'm having an helluva time trying to configure my own UI (been dependent on Mazzle for *sooooo* long).

Thanks in advance, dude/dudette
10-18-08, 08:39 PM   #13
malathar
A Cliff Giant
No problem at all. Glad to be of assistance.

Advanced Trade Skill Window
ArcHUD
ArkInventory (runs at about 3.5MB though)
Auto Accept Invite
AutoBar
BindPad (to replace spellbinder, but I think its been updated now)
DaPortrait
DetachedMiniButtons 0.9.45
Discord Libray
Discord Unit Frames
DoTimer
eePanels2
Incubator
Light'n'Stylish Minimap
Macaroon
Mapster + Tomtom (replaces cartographer pretty well)
Mik's Scrolling Battle Text (planning to change back to SCT though)
Omen3
oRA2
PetList+
Ping Direction
Postal
Prat 3.0 Alpha (haven't had a problem out of it yet)
Quartz
Quick Repair v2.4.06
sRaidFrames
StatusWindow2
Sunn - Viewport Art
Talented
TrinketMenu
XLoot
DBM (WotLK version)

Lib: Ace2
Lib: Gratuity-3.0
Lib: RockConfig-1.0
Lib: SharedMedia-1.0
Lib: SharedMedia-2.0
Lib: SharedMedia-3.0
Lib: Tablet-2.0 (I believe I had to pull this one out of my old MazzleUI addon folder)

With all these, I run at about 33MB

Edit: You'll also need Ace3 Library if you plan to use Talented. Didn't list it because I've had it disabled and didn't have any problems out of any of the addons except Talented.

Last edited by malathar : 10-18-08 at 09:57 PM.
10-18-08, 10:20 PM   #14
bricks139
A Murloc Raider
help please

which addon is it that displays your health and mana and your targets health and mana aorund your character when your in combat, I see it in malathar screenshot? any help? thanks alot
10-18-08, 11:17 PM   #15
Mellowed
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
i THINK ArcHUD, im not a coder/modder, but i'm pretty sure its ArcHUD, i really like that mod as well.

Anyways, yeah im liking the update SS Yhor, looking more 'organized' like i mentioned, keep up the work!!

Malathar, yours looks very nice as well, looks like you have some bugs though, if i see correctly it seems you got some white char in your party? maybe if u just restart the game im sure itll go away, but im liking it also, could u possibly give some more SS's, like Combat, non-combat, Party, Raid, and maybe just a small outline of what everything is, like liittle arrows with messages pointing at what everything is/does? i would like to test out your mod, and maybe give you some "ideas" to work around with??

Also, would like to try out Yhor's mod soon, whenever your ready to release a nice test out, im sure Mazzle may provide you with a sticky or something, to upload it for the community

I wish you luck to you both, helping out mazzle's community not cry and complain for mazzle UI to hurry up, when we can use these as we wait . P.S. im joking about the "cry and complain" part :P
10-19-08, 12:21 AM   #16
malathar
A Cliff Giant
I'll get some more screenshots up soon. I went into a bg to get some pics with raid frames up and ended up getting stuck on the loading screen.

The white character portrait there is something to do with the DaPortrait addon. It's because I had a guild member join my party and we weren't anywhere near each other, so it was unsure of what portrait to use. The yellow question mark is there because I was mounted and just attacked and immediately took a screen shot, my pet didn't have time to resummon, if you look closely, you'll see it also says it has 0% health and mana.

And let me state that I did no coding what so ever on this project. I've just taken addons and arranged them to how I'm use to everything looking. All the credit goes to the awesome addon authors.
10-19-08, 12:45 AM   #17
Zavierv
A Murloc Raider
heres something similer to MazzleUI

Mala's UI

10-19-08, 12:54 AM   #18
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Here's another solo SS with Geist replacing the context menu. You basically use a keybind to get Geist to show (it's not permanent, you have to hold the bind key for it to show). The raid and party layouts remain the same as previously shown and I've increased fps while in a raid considerably over what I had in Mazzle. As a tank though, I will be working on getting the screen flash next as that was an awesome help knowing when I lost agro. Also on the 'to-do' list is skinning the viewport (that will take time unless someone can tell me how to put the original Mazzle default skin on it).

Here's my latest add ons list.

10-19-08, 01:15 AM   #19
Zavierv
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Zavierv View Post
heres something similer to MazzleUI

Mala's UI

Scratch that.. this is a nice UI but you will have to take along time setting everything up and not recommended for novice users
10-19-08, 01:42 AM   #20
malathar
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Zavierv View Post
Scratch that.. this is a nice UI but you will have to take along time setting everything up and not recommended for novice users
I log'd into an alt to see what you were talking about and it is a mess. I will see what I can do to ease the installation process.

Edit: Ok I did a little profile saving, and also included an installation document along in the zip. Feel free to try it again.

Last edited by malathar : 10-19-08 at 12:58 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » *Temporary Replacement?*