04-27-11, 03:14 PM   #1
LordBaldric
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Healbot info plugin

I noticed this plugin hasn't been updated in awhile and its started throwing errors in the new patch. Any chance this will be updated or should I start on a workaround?

And for the record, I truly appreciate the fantastic work all you addon authors do and am not in any way, shape or form rushing you, just curious

Thanks for all the work all of you do to make my WoW experience better!

Baldric

04-27-11, 03:17 PM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You might want to post on the comments board for that plugin, or PM the author. Not one of mine, so I'm afraid I can't really help you with it.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

04-27-11, 10:22 PM   #3
Belechannas
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
I hacked my version to stop throwing the errors. It is attached if you want to give it a try.

The problem is that when nUI initializes HealBot, it tries to turn it off momentarily while re-sizing the window, and then turn it back on. This is good programming practice, but unfortunately HealBot renamed or made private the functions in question, so they are no longer visible to other addons (if they still exist at all).

It is probably possible to do the disable/enable properly (perhaps by hiding/unhiding the frame itself), but HealBot is complicated enough, and I rely on it so heavily, that I don't want to change more than I have to. So I simply commented out the calls that don't work, and haven't noticed any side-effects.
Attached Files
File Type: lua nUI_InfoPanel_HealBot.lua (6.0 KB, 849 views)

Last edited by Belechannas : 04-27-11 at 10:25 PM.

05-06-11, 10:16 AM   #4
Brillynt
A Black Drake

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Belechannas View Post
I hacked my version to stop throwing the errors. It is attached if you want to give it a try.

The problem is that when nUI initializes HealBot, it tries to turn it off momentarily while re-sizing the window, and then turn it back on. This is good programming practice, but unfortunately HealBot renamed or made private the functions in question, so they are no longer visible to other addons (if they still exist at all).

It is probably possible to do the disable/enable properly (perhaps by hiding/unhiding the frame itself), but HealBot is complicated enough, and I rely on it so heavily, that I don't want to change more than I have to. So I simply commented out the calls that don't work, and haven't noticed any side-effects.

It has been updated, so give it a try now.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Plugin Support » Healbot info plugin