07-30-05, 08:40 PM   #1
tardmrr
Lua Ninja
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
FilterTradeSkill

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4117

FilterTradeSkill allows you to filter your trade skills (including rogue poisons) with an intutive filter that allows filtering by name, description, and the item's reagents. Check out the screanshots to see more...

Note: The first time you load it, it may not show anything in the trade skill frame. Just type something into the edit box, and everything will be peachy. It should only happen the first time, never again.

Sadly this will not work with enchanting since enchanting uses the CraftFrame and this modifies the TradeSkillFrame

Last edited by tardmrr : 07-31-05 at 04:00 AM.
08-12-05, 11:00 AM   #2
Spiritfire
A Kobold Labourer
Problem with Fizzwidget AutoCraft.

I like your mod, but sadly I can't use it. I use this mod located here http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4108 for queuing up my crafting. Your mod unfortunately overrides the Queue buttons. Take a look at his addon. If you could somehow make your addon not override those buttons it would be a usefull tool.
08-29-05, 12:38 AM   #3
tardmrr
Lua Ninja
I'm planning to add AutoCraft support soon. It is taking me forever because suddenly I have very very little ttime to work on FTS, but fear not! Fall break is coming (or I'll just start bringing my laptop to the lectures I don't really pay attention to anyway).
09-11-05, 07:36 AM   #4
Nefas
A Murloc Raider
Suggestion

The single biggest annoyance I have w/ the tradeskill window, in general, is that the number provided for number of items you can craft includes vendor items. So as if you want to make a potions and you have the 2 herbs you need but no crystal vials, then it will say you cant make said potion. I never carry tons of vials, but i will carry herbs and then visit the bank to buy the vials. KCItems adds a feature like this but that mod as a whole is an overkill for what I need.

Is there anyway you can add a filter to show what you can make minus vendor items? So if you want to see how many swiftness potions you can make and you have 10 briarthorn, 10 swiftthistle and 0 vials, it will show "10"?
09-11-05, 12:07 PM   #5
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
KC_EnhancedTrades adds that functionality, Nefas, check it out.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
09-11-05, 11:15 PM   #6
Nefas
A Murloc Raider
utilizing KCCycle is a bit of an overkill for me, as i mentioned, since I need KCEnhanced Trades, Ace, and KCI Thats a lot of memory use just to change one element of the UI.

That and KCET and Filter do not work together. Its more of a wishlist item for me since I can deal w/ out it but would be nice since Filter works so well already and choosing between the two I find more use out of Filter.
09-11-05, 11:44 PM   #7
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
I think tem added support so that they do work togather.

Anyone that needs what they want
And doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with
09-12-05, 06:23 AM   #8
Nefas
A Murloc Raider
its good that they work together but I dont really want to use KCET. Its an awesome addon, but honestly it does way too much for me, like I said an overkill. filtering out vendor items in showing how many you can make is as much as I would use it for. that would leave a lot of other of the elements of KCET, KCI, etc running in the background. I use other programs that perform similar function to Kael Mods that i prefer, such as IM, Auctioneer, MyBank, etc. Thats a lot of mod duplication I want to avoid.

Its been a basic frustration of mine since Wow came out, I do not know why there isnt a toggle to filter out vendor reagents since they are not a gathered/crafted item. I am not sure how complex it would be to alter the way the number of reagents you can craft would be, but it seemed to fit in w/ the simple design and use of Filter. it may be a shot in the dark but still a suggestion, until then I will continue using it happily.
09-12-05, 06:28 AM   #9
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
actually Nefas... thats basically what KCET does. It shows you what you can make taking into account more than just your inventory and and allows you to filter out some.

the KC_Items dependency only requires the bank/inventory modules and thats just for memory rentention of those items. if I didn't have that dependency then I'd just have to copy the code over the KC_ET anyway.

Ace, well ace is a development library that actually is done right. Again, if it wasn't for ace, most of ace would need to be copied over to inside of KC_ET.

Oh and the new version of MyBank, MyBags, while still in development also relys on Ace and supports KC_Items.

Breaking things up this way allows me to save the users resources, not cost them more.

Anyone that needs what they want
And doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with
10-21-05, 02:16 PM   #10
tardmrr
Lua Ninja
I haven't added support yet, My "in progress" version supports KCET, but it's still too bugy to release.
10-29-05, 11:38 AM   #11
Mirium
A Defias Bandit
Awsome idea for this mod, but it's broken. Doesn't look like a release has come our recently and a few patches has. I don't see any recipies and the graphics at the top seems messed up. Plus I get error messages when I open my crafting window.

Any idea when a new version is coming out to fix the existing bugs?
11-07-05, 01:22 PM   #12
Gaean
A Fallenroot Satyr

Dunno, sadly I just found this one too. Got tired of seeing all the gray and useless items I can craft when Im trying to power level my craft :S
11-07-05, 05:25 PM   #13
tardmrr
Lua Ninja
I'm at this moment working on a HUGE update. Stupid college has kept me away from this project for too long... However, to make the most recent release work add this line to the toc: "## RequiredDeps: Blizzard_TradeSkillUI" You may get one or two errors the first time you open your tradeskills, but if you type something into the search box, they go away and never come back. I'm very sorry about the delays on this addon, but it was stuff that I couldn't avoid.
01-26-06, 10:31 PM   #14
Mirium
A Defias Bandit
So what's the status on this, when can we expect to see an update. I really like this mod when it works properly and would love to see an update.
02-24-06, 01:50 PM   #15
HeroFromHyrule
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by tardmrr
I haven't added support yet, My "in progress" version supports KCET, but it's still too bugy to release.
I'm glad to see this is being worked on, as I cannot live without KCET, but this mod is also extremely handy. I am eagerly awaiting the next release.
08-24-06, 01:27 PM   #16
svartalfimposter
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

I think 1.12 cripples this for me, I lose the scrollbar It says the dependency Blizzard_TradeskillUI is missing.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » FilterTradeSkill