03-16-12, 05:58 PM   #1
MCMorpheus
A Defias Bandit

Issue with /in

So I have a macro that is supposed to scroll through my friends list and tell me who is online, what their status is (Afk or not), and where they are. Now, this is not the only thing in the macro. For some reason or another it runs the friend script, which is at the bottom, before it runs the script at the top. So I put in a /in 1 just to make it wait a little before it ran that script. Now, I ran into a small issue. This macro only worked on 1 character. On my others, it would loop that one section of scripting infinitely. Now, it doesn't even work on that 1 character that it did before.

Quick example, I type /script i=0;
then /in 1 /script SendChatMessage(i) i=i+1;. In all respects, this macro should make me say "0" after 1 second. It actually loops infinitely, counting 0 1 2 3 4 etc...The only ways of getting it to stop are /camp, /exit, and /reload. Does anyone have any idea what this is and/or how to fix it? Thanks ahead for the help.

03-16-12, 06:13 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
/in is not, and never has been, part of the default UI. The old, old Ace2 framework included the command in one of the libraries or you can also get this slash command through an addon such as SlashIn or InDemand.

/edit: meaning that you had an addon enabled on one character that you did not on the others and this is why it worked.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-16-12, 06:23 PM   #3
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Code:
/run for i=1,GetNumFriends() do local name, _, _, _, connected = GetFriendInfo(i) if(connected) then print(name, 'is online') end end

03-16-12, 06:26 PM   #4
MCMorpheus
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
I'm not certain, but I think the problem is that you have a script within a script. I think everything which follows the /script command is also a script, regardless of semi-colon or newline.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. A newline ends the script. A semicolon just an ending of a statement in the script. In my experience, the semicolon, while more correct, is just optional.

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
The old, old Ace2 framework included the command in one of the libraries or you can also get this slash command through an addon such as SlashIn or InDemand.

/edit: meaning that you had an addon enabled on one character that you did not on the others and this is why it worked.
That makes sense in all that I don't have character specific addons. If it is enabled on one char, I have it enabled on all of them.

I do have Ace2 and Ace3 installed. (It's needed for an Addon that I have.)

Edit:
Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
Code:
/run for i=1,GetNumFriends() do local name, _, _, _, connected = GetFriendInfo(i) if(connected) then print(name, 'is online') end end
I already have the macro. I just need help figuring out what is wrong with the timing of the script.
Code:
/run local _,num=GetNumFriends(); for i=1,num do ShowFriends() local name,level,_,location,_,status=GetFriendInfo(i); if num>0 then print("   "..status.."\124cffFFFF00\124Hplayer:"..name.."\124h["..name.."]\124h\124r is online and is in "..location..".") end end ; if num==0 then print("   No friends currently online.") end if num==1 then print("   1 friend currently online.") end if num>1 then print("   "..num.." friends currently online.") end
Yes I realize it's a little over complicated, but it did what I wanted so I didn't feel like simplifying it.

Last edited by MCMorpheus : 03-16-12 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Response to new post

03-16-12, 06:41 PM   #5
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
My bad there, I tested this myself and you're right about the script ending.

03-17-12, 02:14 AM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by MCMorpheus View Post
I do have Ace2 and Ace3 installed. (It's needed for an Addon that I have.)
The Ace2 framework has been officially dead for years, and was unsupported for years before that. There is no excuse for any addon that still functions in current versions of World of Warcraft to still be using this ancient framework, especially when porting addons from Ace2 to Ace3 is trivially easy.

03-21-12, 01:13 PM   #7
MCMorpheus
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
The Ace2 framework has been officially dead for years, and was unsupported for years before that. There is no excuse for any addon that still functions in current versions of World of Warcraft to still be using this ancient framework, especially when porting addons from Ace2 to Ace3 is trivially easy.
I just finally found my problem. There was a conflict running both Ace2 and Ace3. One of my addons ceases to function without Ace2, so I turned off Ace3 and it works fine...

And fyi, this is an old, out-of-date addon (Gag) that I am running on 3.3.5a.
The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it.

03-21-12, 01:45 PM   #8
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

that I am running on 3.3.5a.
Ehm...

03-21-12, 02:52 PM   #9
Waky
A Cobalt Mageweaver

And fyi, this is an old, out-of-date addon (Gag) that I am running on 3.3.5a.
Originally Posted by WoWI Rules
4. Don't break WoW EULA or ToU. If you come here and post that you are selling your WoW account for real world money, offering or asking for power-levelling, in-game items or gold for real life cash, private servers or any other post that breaks WoW EULA or ToU, your post will be deleted and you will (at minimum) warned not to do it again. Repeated offenses will lead to banning from the site.
Copied directly from site rules.

03-21-12, 03:08 PM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Discussion of Private Servers, in any manner other than theoretical, is completely against our rules. We are an Official Fan Site. We follow Blizzard's rules, on top of our own rules.

Threads requesting assistance with Private Servers get locked. Repeated postings get you banned.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Macro Help » Issue with /in