05-23-07, 06:30 PM   #21
Moribund
A Fallenroot Satyr
When I first logged on after the patch, I had a bunch of problems, which have already been enumerated here. I just did the WowAceUpdater, and everything's working great... except every time I open a window, I have a little voice thing - I think it's taken from Worms or something - come on. What's this from and how do I get rid of it?
05-23-07, 07:34 PM   #22
Brandon
A Kobold Labourer
The Updater worked great except for the thing that shows your food/water/health & mana pots/healthstones/bandages..

That thing is completely missing.. Has anyone seen a fix for this one yet?

Thanks in advance

- Brandon
05-23-07, 07:46 PM   #23
Kierrkian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
That would be Autobar and you may need to manually move it from the place on the screen ( look for a red or green dot ).

I had the same thing happen as most if not all of you with the Autobar, I updated via WUA and then re-mazzified upon entering the game and the bar slots came back, now, they look a bit different since it places a icon there for food/water ect.. but that changes as the bar populates with your consumables or conjured items.

You may need to go back in and set any special items that you had been using that are not set as default. Right clicking and going thru the settings will fix this.

on a side note Mazzle has posted that a updated version of the UI is coming, when? who knows but if he said there will be one there will be.

05-23-07, 08:31 PM   #24
dsmithmd
A Murloc Raider
Ace updater

I have just downloaded and unzipped the Ace updater but the program will not run. Am I doing something stupid? I tried re-downloading and same thing.

Help! I miss my Mazzle!
05-23-07, 09:11 PM   #25
Robert Burke
A Defias Bandit
I dunno about you but I found a bug where I can't right click to open any FuBar options, especially the MazzleOptions menu.

Honestly, unless this gets updated soon, I;m just gonna ditch it. I don't have time to be updating all this crap. If someone is gonna provide a service, they need to keep it updated or let the community know they will be stopping production; not make them go find the updates themselves.

For all I know, of the 100+? 0_o mods in this thing, who knows how many are not gonna be updated, or haven't been. Mazzle hasn't been updated, who's to say everyone else did either. I'm just gonna find a few niche mods and keep up with those, not rely on someone to make something really nice and then dump updating it to me. It'd be kewl if it was a mod that ran of a few mods, but this thing has tons of mods, and some can't even logically be linked with the name.

Have fun updating it yourself guys.
05-23-07, 09:14 PM   #26
pokyoky
A Cyclonian
If the ace updater is not running for you it is because it requires microsoft net framework.
The link to to download this is included in the readme file.
05-23-07, 09:26 PM   #27
Kiyohime
A Murloc Raider
I used the Ace Updater this afternoon when I got home from school and after trying it last night and still having a few bugs I decided to risk it and updated all the mods listed as installed in the Ace Updater and everything seems to be working perfect *Including* the AutoBar

Normally I wouldn't update the mods listed under the FAQ as "not updatable" but it was worth a shot; so by all means Mazzle take your time, with the aid of other users and the Ace Updater this patch is no problem and doesn't require a "quick" fix.

Er, btw I haven't tried the Mazzifier yet either, my char was already mazzified

Cheers~
05-23-07, 10:07 PM   #28
Ironshield
A Murloc Raider
Offense fully intended - people like you should just stay away. You got something for free that you are now whining about even though that is not where the problem is! The man did not build you a UI to compensate for your laziness in keeping your own dang machine up to date! He built a UI that works well with add ons that *you* keep up to date -- idiot -- are you also ditching MS Windows cuz uncle Bill did not keep your version of Firefox up to date for you?!

If you are too lazy to keep your add ons up to date, and certainly lazy enough that your TWO posts on these forums don't speak too highly to community contributions here, you're sure as heck not dedicated enough to anything to even begin to understand the amount of work and time that goes into making something like this UI.

Be gone! (May this also serve to caution other would be thoughtless whiners that might forget to engage brain before mouth.)

Originally Posted by Robert Burke
I dunno about you but I found a bug where I can't right click to open any FuBar options, especially the MazzleOptions menu.

Honestly, unless this gets updated soon, I;m just gonna ditch it. I don't have time to be updating all this crap. If someone is gonna provide a service, they need to keep it updated or let the community know they will be stopping production; not make them go find the updates themselves.

For all I know, of the 100+? 0_o mods in this thing, who knows how many are not gonna be updated, or haven't been. Mazzle hasn't been updated, who's to say everyone else did either. I'm just gonna find a few niche mods and keep up with those, not rely on someone to make something really nice and then dump updating it to me. It'd be kewl if it was a mod that ran of a few mods, but this thing has tons of mods, and some can't even logically be linked with the name.

{Azgalor, Alleria}
05-23-07, 10:35 PM   #29
airdragon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Well heres my two cents on everything after 2.1.

Loaded all the newest versions via WAU (I use the standalone version of everything now, its just easier), so far everything has worked (No test on MonkeyQuest and autoCorpseWaypoint, I killed them long ago, replaced MonkeyQuest with QuestFu).

Mazzified new character with zero problems. I did this with a priest, warrior and paladin I had not previously mazzified.

Now mods I cannot update (MazzleUI goes NUTS if I do update either to newest version, I'm guessing some functions changed etc) are Bongos and rMCP. No idea behind the cause, though both still work fine for me since I knew about Bongos shifting problems ages ago and when I installed Mazzle I bound the keys using Bongos immediately.

Now this is not an error per say but so far the only bad thing that has happened so far is for some reason once in a while my target does not appear. I have something targeted and its there getting blasted, but no info etc. This goes away after combat every time, I'm betting its DUF and the new UI settings in 2.1. Oh I also get SecureTempalte Errors entering BGs but they don't ever seem to mess with anything so I just ignore them as it seems to work fine right after I reload real quick.

Overall if you try and update most of the things will work just fine. Just be smart about your update and you will be fine. I know this is expecting alot sometimes, but hey keeping something as awesome as this mod alive and running on your comp just makes you feel good.

For the haters out there, L2U (Learn to update). Seriously, 90% of the problems can be fixed EASILY and despite what everyone may think, Mazzle owes us nothing. So stop bashing and just move on if you don't like it. All your doing is marginalizing yourselves further by pursuing this hateful approach. Do customers at Pizza places that want burgers sit there going "Make me burgers, cause since you make food you owe it to me." No they don't, they go to the burger place.
05-23-07, 11:23 PM   #30
fyrye
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Did the WAU update as well, using a Default installation of 1.0 when I got home from work.
so far the only issue is autoCorpseWaypoint, where it tries to set the waypoint up.
Other than that grouped fine along with my fiance (who uses Mazzle as well) in gnomer with 0/0 from buggrabber.

For those having issues do the above as everyone else has.
If that doesnt work, try to solve the issue/s out 1 at a time yourself.
or wait on Mazzle and see if the Compilation is updated.

Last edited by fyrye : 05-23-07 at 11:30 PM.
05-24-07, 12:37 AM   #31
dotcomee
A Kobold Labourer
Another thanks to Arkive, his suggestion solved all my problems. I've updated a few other addons here and there but overall still working good!

Originally, I yanked Mazzle and decided maybe it was time to move on and trim down the addons...
However, I found out I couldn't live without Mazzle. This should be the the default UI in the game.

<3 Mazzle!
05-24-07, 12:55 AM   #32
Lidor
A Murloc Raider
I can't get Mazzle to run at all on my PC n I've used the updater that was posted Hope a updated version is coming out soon cause I hate running in default.
05-24-07, 01:28 AM   #33
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

All the problems I had above are resolved. I'm having no problems at all at the moment. I even went on a raid today with absolutely no issues. I still have to try things out on a class with shifting, though, strangely enough, my druid friend said he had no problems at all and he has never updated an add-on on his own outside of KTM and bossmods.
05-24-07, 01:29 AM   #34
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Robert Burke

Please, PLEASE do "ditch it." Insulting, MMO kiddies with bloated senses of entitlement who contribute nothing but vitriolic whines are exactly what's made the majority of the WoW forums a cesspool, caused most authors to stop supporting their add-ons, and turned me from a helpful poster to a fed-up curmudgeon. I don't do anything for people like you. I do things DESPITE people like you. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
05-24-07, 02:52 AM   #35
Rallik
A Defias Bandit
I had a few of the same problems others were mentioning with Cartographer transparency working for the entire map instead of just parts, AutoBar going crazy, no drop down menus on FuBar, etc. I ran WAU as was suggested, and everything worked beautifully again. AutoBar changed from a small square in the middle of my screen back to its normal bar, but still in the middle. A quick re-mazzify to update autobar settings put it back where it belonged, and everything is currently working great. Thanks for the help, I really couldn't see myself playing the game anymore without this package. It is by far the cleanest, most efficient, best looking, and most manageable add-on compilation and overhaul that I've ever seen.
05-24-07, 03:02 AM   #36
Moontayle
A Murloc Raider
The big thing to update is Ace2. I had a ton of problems until I did that one specifically. After that it was simply a case of checking the bugsack for specific mods that gave problems and updating them.

Mazzle, the main action bar isn't switching when you're in combat. It's erratic, sometimes it'll switch, but more often than not, I can switch and the moment I leave combat is when the bar will actually change. Annoying, since I'm a warrior, but I'm going to do some artful rearranging of my skills so that the stance specific ones aren't on the bar that switches.
05-24-07, 04:01 AM   #37
Crovax
A Murloc Raider
Ace Updater

Yes.. WOWaceupdater works like a charm. solved most of the problem. I;m having a problem with the battleground points screen though.. any one know a fix?
05-24-07, 04:12 AM   #38
brakey
A Murloc Raider
Question

I feel obliged to post in here because I respect this UI religiously. (sad i no!) lol...My main concearn was the patch as everyone feared, but after updatign with Wowaceupdater it has enhanced all of my previous *outdated* addons without a problem except...

I just need to know will i need to update my libraries too?? because I have only updated ace, so i need to update ace2 also?. If so could someone please inform me (maybe mazzlefizz?) the best way to re-mazzify once i have done so, as i have tried a couple of times before and a used the wrong method :P.

Please bear in mind i want to re-mazzify so that my autobar, and my smartbuff icons are repositioned correctly into the UI. as my autobar is missing, and my smartbuff icon is hoving beneath my time and latency.

Thank You very much for all of your times.

(Please continue with the UI with all your efforts. It will be noticed, from all the loyal players.)
05-24-07, 04:31 AM   #39
Detritus
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by airdragon
Now mods I cannot update (MazzleUI goes NUTS if I do update either to newest version, I'm guessing some functions changed etc) are Bongos and rMCP. No idea behind the cause, though both still work fine for me since I knew about Bongos shifting problems ages ago and when I installed Mazzle I bound the keys using Bongos immediately.
So you updated everything except for Bongos and rMCP? Does this include non-ACE2 mods? I'm trying to work out what's safe to update and what's not.

I've updated every ACE 2 mod except for most of those Mazzlefizz states in the FAQ. I've been forced into updating Autobar, SCT/SCTD and sRaidFrames due to various issues I was having ("Fatality!") and things seem to be running fine, although I've not tried to Mazzify. I'd like to update as much as possible, especially if I can get to a build where the Mazzifier works as well. Strikes me that would be a good place to baseline and await a new release from the small pink-one.
05-24-07, 05:20 AM   #40
Sazon
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

Please, PLEASE do "ditch it." Insulting, MMO kiddies with bloated senses of entitlement who contribute nothing but vitriolic whines are exactly what's made the majority of the WoW forums a cesspool, caused most authors to stop supporting their add-ons, and turned me from a helpful poster to a fed-up curmudgeon. I don't do anything for people like you. I do things DESPITE people like you. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
/cheer

I know for a fact that I and several of my mates are very grateful for all the work that has you have done. If people can't be bothered to put a little effort into sorting out problems for themselves they don't deserve to be using something as good as the Mazzle UI.

On that note, people may be interested that, when using ACE, I had to individually update Autobar, cartographer and spamsentry on a step-by-step basis. Having done that and re-mazzified where appropriate I now have Mazzle back on top form - not even got any of the druid hiccups (which I have in the past ).

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI in WoW 2.1 (observations so far)