07-01-07, 01:27 AM   #1
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Suggestion Thread

This is a thread to post suggestions for either

1. New add-ons you that you think should be included
2. Add-ons that you think should be removed
3. A change to the settings of add-ons already included.
4. Add-ons that you think should be reclassified (for example, "I think SuperSlowModX should not be part of the Faster CPU install package")
5. New features

Please be very specific and make thorough arguments. If you are suggesting a new add-on, thoroughly describe what it does and what you like about it. If you are comparing it to another add-on, try to thoroughly describe the difference and why you prefer one over the other.

If you are suggesting a different setting for an add-on currently in the UI, please describe exactly what the setting will change and why it's a better general setting.

Comments that aren't respectful to other users and dismissive comments like "add-on x is worthless" will probably be ignored and possibly deleted. It's also not useful to tell people "well, you can just install that on your own." I'm sure that they already know that.
07-01-07, 09:43 PM   #2
donofthedead
A Fallenroot Satyr
Simple Request

I absolutely love Mazzle 1.1... even if it does have Ally Gnomerisms all over it (JK!!). The only additions I'd currently like to see in the future are 2 new skins: One theme reflecting Ashenvale, and one featuring Silvermoon City. The current skins are great, however adding those skins would reflect two memorable locations many users have grown to admire. Thanks, and keep up the great work!
07-02-07, 06:47 AM   #3
Detritus
A Cyclonian
v 1.1 is very comprehensive, I only have to install a few mods on top, much less than in 1.0 days. The extra mods I have are:
Fishing Ace - Basic fishing mod, supports right-click casting and auto-lure.
Auctioneer - Know your feelings on this, just can't do without it. Shame it can't be unloaded when not at AH or loaded/unloaded via FuBar button.
Tankpoints - Absolute must-have for a tank.
MetaHUD and Dhask's Flight Map - I use these to replace the MazzleUI HUD. I see the benefits of MetaHUD over MazzleUI HUD as:
- Skinnable. I prefer the more minimalist look. The lighning bolt kind-of look in Mazzle really turns me off.
- Configurable. A lot of config options, can display an awful lot of information such as icons (pvp,raid leader/looter,elite), ability to config bar positions (ie. player left/target right, player/target health left, mana right, etc), Scale, Text size/position/content.
- Sunder Count. Displays Sunders as energy combo-points next to the target health/mana bars.
- Flight time info. A minor thing but nice-to-have. If FlightMap is loaded the HUD will display the flight-time whenever you are taking a gryphon/wyvern ride.

I'm sure you've mentioned before that you will not be moving away from Mazzle HUD for obvious reasons. However, it would be excellent if the Mazzle HUD could be skinned in the same way as the rest of the interface. The whole Sunder/Energy Point count is also a very nice feature. The rest is just icing on the cake.

Anyway, just wanted to post my tuppence worth. Great UI, resolves all my issues with 1.0 and only introduces a couple of new ones. Look forward to seeing this develop.
07-02-07, 08:35 AM   #4
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

I added the following:

oGlow - small mod that hightlights Uncommon, Rare, Epic items by recoloring their icon border
FishingAce - mentioned in a previous post
CastYeller - announces important cast spell casts such as Innervate, various Rezes and also announces Taunt, Kick, Growl resists.
!StoptheSpam - suppresses the AddOn spam in your chat window when you log in
SharedMedia - brings in additional textures to use with various AddOns, plus you can easily add custom fonts, sounds, and textures to be used with most Ace2 mods

Personal Additions are:

ChatSounds - plays a small chime when new lines appear in you guild/party/raid/officer chat
HearKitty - plays music tones when you get a combo point. allows me to concentrate on other activities rather than watching combo points
MrPlow - keeps bags tidy and organized

Last edited by Zyonin : 07-02-07 at 09:57 AM.
07-02-07, 09:34 AM   #5
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Haven't downloaded the newest version yet but, I would suggest PerfectRaid for raid frames. IMO best raid frames there is.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
07-02-07, 10:13 AM   #6
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

I have added the following:

FishingAce - As described above - I love this little mod
Fubar_ReccomendedLevel - I like this mod for a quick scan of where my alt's need to level next
DaggAssist - I am not a fan of the context menu. This mod is a little moveable minimap button that holds all of the Portal info for mages, the hearthstone and all of your professions. I have only seen this one over at Curse.
Sellfish - This item shows the sale prices of items - this is nice when trying to choose which useless quest item to grab so you maximize the profit.
CastYeller - as described above

I am still partial to Violation and Omen to replace Recap/SW_Stats and KTH Threatmeter. For my crappy PC these mods drag my CPU usage down less - other people probably don't care and the mods you included are great but just harder on my PC.

"I will crush and destroy and...ooo...shiny..."

07-02-07, 11:34 AM   #7
Leeroi
A Fallenroot Satyr
UI Scale (aka Need Gnome Eye Upgrade)

Checked FAQ & Known Issues - haven't seen this one posted yet.

I Mazzify w/ Mr. Mago set, but the regular Blizzard windows end up still being too small. For example, the text in the "Main Menu" box is way too small for me to read comfortably but the chat box is fine. I would like to be able to read both equally well.

I have tried Main Menu => Video Options => UI Scale and moving the button on the slider to the right more (just under the "U" in "UI Scale" - there is no feedback on the button location, so that's the best I can do... ) . Then the Blizzard stuff looks good, but the Mazzle art is messed up - everything is out of place, wrong size, etc. Then I re-mazzified - only selecting the "Look'n'Feel" option - and all the Mazzlefizz art looked good, but Mazzifying also resets the UI scale back to the old scale and I can't read the Blizzard stuff again.

Is there a way the "Large" and "Mago" settings could increase the UI Scale of WoW first and then work its magic on the chat logs, etc.? So the Blizzard UI Scale would have a different setting for each of the three Mazzify options (Normal, Large, Mago) but the Mazzelfizz boxes, artwork, etc., would look the same (same size, location, etc.).

Thanks

Leeroi
"I am He-Who-Is-Not-Chicken"

Last edited by Leeroi : 07-02-07 at 11:38 AM.
07-02-07, 11:37 AM   #8
Leeroi
A Fallenroot Satyr
Quartz Global Cooldown

Mazzle,

On a mage (lvl 20) I got the message right after the first mazzlify, that Quartz needs a spell to use for the Global Cooldown. I selected Arcane Intellect, but I was wondering if that is a setting that could be done automatically in the Mazzify. You only see the error message if you scroll back up through all the messages on startup, so many might be missing it entirely.

Thanks for the update!

Leeroi
"Let's do this!"
07-02-07, 11:45 AM   #9
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Leeroi
Checked FAQ & Known Issues - haven't seen this one posted yet.

I Mazzify w/ Mr. Mago set, but the regular Blizzard windows end up still being too small. For example, the text in the "Main Menu" box is way too small for me to read comfortably but the chat box is fine. I would like to be able to read both equally well.

I have tried Main Menu => Video Options => UI Scale and moving the button on the slider to the right more (just under the "U" in "UI Scale" - there is no feedback on the button location, so that's the best I can do... ) . Then the Blizzard stuff looks good, but the Mazzle art is messed up - everything is out of place, wrong size, etc. Then I re-mazzified - only selecting the "Look'n'Feel" option - and all the Mazzlefizz art looked good, but Mazzifying also resets the UI scale back to the old scale and I can't read the Blizzard stuff again.

Is there a way the "Large" and "Mago" settings could increase the UI Scale of WoW first and then work its magic on the chat logs, etc.? So the Blizzard UI Scale would have a different setting for each of the three Mazzify options (Normal, Large, Mago) but the Mazzelfizz boxes, artwork, etc., would look the same (same size, location, etc.).

Thanks

Leeroi
"I am He-Who-Is-Not-Chicken"
This actually is a FAQ question in both the old FAQ and the new one. And the short answer is no. Changing the UI scale would involve changing all the positional information in the UI.

You may be able to use other add-ons to individually scale certain windows larger though.
07-02-07, 11:50 AM   #10
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Leeroi
Mazzle,

On a mage (lvl 20) I got the message right after the first mazzlify, that Quartz needs a spell to use for the Global Cooldown. I selected Arcane Intellect, but I was wondering if that is a setting that could be done automatically in the Mazzify. You only see the error message if you scroll back up through all the messages on startup, so many might be missing it entirely.

Thanks for the update!

Leeroi
"Let's do this!"
I probably could, but it would vary completely by class and somewhat by level of the character. I suspect it's the same reason why Nymbia didn't do it automatically in the add-on. But if somebody researched the various classes and gave me spells for each that would be guaranteed to work (probably need at least two for each class depending on level), I could add them to the Mazzifier.
07-02-07, 12:42 PM   #11
depotstu
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
I got it loaded on my alt hunter who is only 10 right now so I may not have noticed, but did you include pets in the HUD? I will be looking for it tonight when i load it up on my main Hunter.

07-02-07, 03:24 PM   #12
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I have added:
MikScrollingBattleText- I like it better that SCT. Simpler, font changer, has an arc to it, seems to use less memory.
Yata- Totem Addon, Simple and clean interface, provides buttons that can be skinned with cycircled.
Fishing Ace- Actually hearing the fish, and right doubleclick-casting ftw.
oGlow- highlights rarity colors in bags, bank, etc. They have made a Fizzlebag now, but I havent tried it.
Fizzle- highlights rarity colors in the character Page.
PerfectRaid- Best Raid Frames ever made. Clad is a genius.
Cosplay- Adds an "undress" button to your dress-up frame both the big one, and the one at the AH. Helpful when you want to see exactly how something looks without taking off all your clothes...
DontBugMe- makes afk and dnd messages go away after the first time. Too many friends who run around <dnd> but still want to talk to me...
Fubar_LocationFu- because, sometimes, the map just doesn't know the exact name of the place where you are.
Lexan- because I am leveling my professions, and it is annoying for the AH o close every time I open the Jewelcrafting interface.
TauntWarn- Says in whatever channel you select that your taunt has been resisted. In other words, slow down dps!

Thinking about switching the druid mana bar out for SmartyCat, because I have heard it is better. Haven't tried it yet, though.
Thanks for adding Sanity2 Tekkompare, and WhoFavorites! I was going to ask for them to be added. o . 0
07-03-07, 08:48 AM   #13
Rayzeel
A Defias Bandit
Grid - great for raid healing.
07-03-07, 09:13 AM   #14
Tucciim
A Fallenroot Satyr
a energy ticker for rogues. I've added in gnoff's (spelling?) from ace2. lots of customization.

/pipe dream on

a cc watch window. it would be nice to have a a seperate box show all the sheeps, saps, traps , banish, shackle, .. that are active. right now i can only see my sap. I've actually added in sapper so that in 5-mans it will announce to group that my %t is sapped. and also when it breaks. but it would be awesome to see all the CC's grouped together in a box.

/pipe dream off
07-03-07, 09:32 AM   #15
Malinoric
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

The interface is amazing as always Mazzle, but I do have some addon suggestions.

PallyPower: I'm sure this has been mentioned a gagillion times already, but it is an amazing paladin buffing addon, the best out there in my opinion, and smartbuff just doesn't fill the functionality half as well.

Hemlock: Low cost ace addon that provides a minimalistic poison buying interface for rogues, you just select the number of poisons you want and the first click buys the materials, and the second click starts making them.

Sapper: Provides warnings when a sap or blind breaks for any reason. can be configured to display to the party or raid if needed, and to mark saps and blinds with a raid target if you have assistant. Doesn't use much memory, but has no GUI, and isn't ace.

Thank you for all the work you put into this interface Mazzle, as soon as I'm capable of donating, I will.
07-03-07, 12:13 PM   #16
Furiah
A Murloc Raider
First off, amazing job Mazzle. I was blown away when I was mazzified yesterday, it really is a magical feeling =)

Anyway, a minor suggestion from an humble user, it's really just tweaking actually. Since you've included multiple raid layouts, you might wanna include some more party layouts too. I myself am quite good with discord unitframes, but for the people who are not it's nearly impossible to change your own and party frames. Saying this because quite frankly I'm not too satisfied with the way you arranged the frames =)

(I still like the rest though ;p)

Keep it up,

Furiah
07-03-07, 02:11 PM   #17
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Furiah
First off, amazing job Mazzle. I was blown away when I was mazzified yesterday, it really is a magical feeling =)

Anyway, a minor suggestion from an humble user, it's really just tweaking actually. Since you've included multiple raid layouts, you might wanna include some more party layouts too. I myself am quite good with discord unitframes, but for the people who are not it's nearly impossible to change your own and party frames. Saying this because quite frankly I'm not too satisfied with the way you arranged the frames =)

(I still like the rest though ;p)

Keep it up,

Furiah
To be more useful, I'd try being more specific about what party layouts you have in mind. Blizzard-like, non-3d? Not sure what you mean.

Anyway, if I continue with the project, skins in the future may contain alternate party layouts.
07-03-07, 05:17 PM   #18
Jooze
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Polite Wisper should be included! Very useful tool if you want to get together a group fast. Sometimes people even join just because Polite Wiper asks them so nice...

This is the only thing i'm missing with MazzleUI.

I know i can run it aside MazzleUI but it's just another feeling when it's integrated.

Then the "Mazzlegasm" scream.
Actually it's quite funny, it makes ppl ask why i yelled that and thats more ppl who use MazzleUI. But it should be able to turn it off in configuration...
I was in instance when i got a bug and i was forced to re-Mazzify.
(error was heavy lan traffic)
When the configuration was over and i was mazzifyed the Mazzlegasm scream appeared and i got kicked from group because of ... yea whatever the grp leader ignored me and the other said i shouldn't use that kind of language.
07-03-07, 05:21 PM   #19
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Jooze
Polite Wisper should be included! Very useful tool if you want to get together a group fast. Sometimes people even join just because Polite Wiper asks them so nice...

This is the only thing i'm missing with MazzleUI.

I know i can run it aside MazzleUI but it's just another feeling when it's integrated.

Then the "Mazzlegasm" scream.
Actually it's quite funny, it makes ppl ask why i yelled that and thats more ppl who use MazzleUI. But it should be able to turn it off in configuration...
I was in instance when i got a bug and i was forced to re-Mazzify.
(error was heavy lan traffic)
When the configuration was over and i was mazzifyed the Mazzlegasm scream appeared and i got kicked from group because of ... yea whatever the grp leader ignored me and the other said i shouldn't use that kind of language.
*sigh* The option is there RIGHT NEXT TO THE "MAZZIFY ME" BUTTON. It even flashes colors so you don't miss it. It gives you the option of yelling, saying or just doing it on your machine.
07-03-07, 05:27 PM   #20
Jooze
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
sry sry sry sry i'm blind lost my glasses yesterday...

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Suggestion Thread