09-26-07, 01:57 PM   #41
LBussy
Legend in my own mind

Premium Member
Found the other tooltip issue that had me stumped. I don't think this has been posted. In another thread, Alkar sent me in the right direction:
Originally Posted by Alkar
this problem is casued when you mouse over the context menu (the little box on the right with all your profession stuff in and and that crap.
Here is the error (your line numbers may be different):
Code:
[2007/09/26 12:24:21-7-x2]: Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:74: Usage: GameTooltip:SetOwner(frame):
Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:74: in function <Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:73>:
<in C code>: in function `TinyTipAnchor_Original_GameTooltip_SetDefaultAnchor'
TinyTip\TinyTipAnchor.lua:143: in function <Interface\AddOns\TinyTip\TinyTipAnchor.lua:140>
(tail call): ?:
Interface\FrameXML\ActionButton.lua:382: in function `ActionButton_SetTooltip':
MazzleUI-1.1\CustomLibs\ContextMenu.lua:147: in function <Interface\AddOns\MazzleUI\CustomLibs\ContextMenu.lua:141>
<in C code>: in function `SecureStateAnchor_RunChild'
<string>:"*:OnEnter":3: in function <[string "*:OnEnter"]:1>
To fix, in \Interface\AddOns\MazzleUI\CustomLibs\ContextMenu.lua:
Search for:
ActionButton_SetTooltip();
replace with:
ActionButton_SetTooltip(this, "ANCHOR_BOTTOMRIGHT");

That does that one! Next!
09-26-07, 02:01 PM   #42
xavoron
A Defias Bandit
ok umm here are some of the issues im haveing after i have changed the code as stated in the first post

1.action bars wont adjust to the ui
2. cast bar is shifted to the bottom left
3.the trinket menu thing is shifted and cant be moved back into the ui
4.everytime i open my char info tab and scroll over an item it wont show up

all of this can be seen in the screen shot i took if theres any more code i have to chage to fix all this just say so

09-26-07, 02:02 PM   #43
Crenthius_UB
A Fallenroot Satyr
Wow, with all this info Mazzle is almost back to life....

Now I caused one more problem. I updated DUF with the 2.2 PTR version and now my Targets target (the small text at the bottom of the HUD) just says $ut and on my target frame at the center bottom the targets target says $ut.

Thoughts??
09-26-07, 02:02 PM   #44
madoldgit
A Kobold Labourer
Chat windows

Haven't seen this bug posted anywhere yet. Have managed to sort out most of the chat frames but i'm unable to resize the general chat frame. Tried the restore chat windows button and playing with the PRAT settings but nothing seems to work.
Grateful for any advice
09-26-07, 02:05 PM   #45
donofthedead
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by xavoron
ok umm here are some of the issues im haveing after i have changed the code as stated in the first post

all of this can be seen in the screen shot i took if theres any more code i have to chage to fix all this just say so
Have you re-mazzified yet?
09-26-07, 02:22 PM   #46
scooch74
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by meio
Heh, no that's what's supposed to happen. I can't remember exactly which release it was that Mazzle changed that, but if you only mazzify the button layout and the keybindings you do not have to do a reloadui. The mazzifier will only have to reload the ui when you change/mazzify the portions of the ui dealing with frame layouts and addon selection/configuration.

If that doesn't make sense, the only thing you need to come away with is that if you only mazzify the button layout and the keybindings you will not have to reload the ui.
Ok, that's good to know it's not supposed to reload the UI. But the other issue is Mazzifying a second time as stated in Step 5 didn't fix my Bongo bars and other issues. That seemed like the easiest step and somehow I messed it up. Am I missing something?
09-26-07, 02:26 PM   #47
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Crenthius_UB
Wow, with all this info Mazzle is almost back to life....

Now I caused one more problem. I updated DUF with the 2.2 PTR version and now my Targets target (the small text at the bottom of the HUD) just says $ut and on my target frame at the center bottom the targets target says $ut.

Thoughts??
Yes, but I'm not telling...... At least until I can check something.
09-26-07, 02:31 PM   #48
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by xavoron

I will be updating the instructions tonight after I have had a chance to verify a couple more things (and get off work because as great as it would be I have a feeling that my boss wouldn't like me spending all of my time working on MazzleUI). The initial instructions were just to get something that was "usable"... it is by no means anywhere close to being complete.
09-26-07, 02:36 PM   #49
xavoron
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by donofthedead
Have you re-mazzified yet?

yep twice now

Originally Posted by meio
I will be updating the instructions tonight after I have had a chance to verify a couple more things (and get off work because as great as it would be I have a feeling that my boss wouldn't like me spending all of my time working on MazzleUI). The initial instructions were just to get something that was "usable"... it is by no means anywhere close to being complete.
lol i hear ya i kinda got yelled at at work today for playing wow and settin the ui back up so i know how ya feel
09-26-07, 02:37 PM   #50
FlawlessCowboy
A Murloc Raider
Is anyone else having an issue with keybindings no longer working upon paging? I didn't even notice this issue until I logged into my level 8 Hunter, but it appears that upon paging to the "melee" set of bars any bars that remain unchanged (such as the bars containing my Mana Tap and whatever the other racial ability is called for Blood Elves) no longer function. They continue to show, but clicking on the buttons themselves or trying to use the keybindings results in no action.

Before I fixed the context menu issue attempting to use a "permanent" button (Hunter's Mark, for instance) off of it's "normal" page resulted in auto-shot being triggered, but now no longer triggers anything. Is there perhaps another line of code I should edit to change this, or is this the result of a broken mod? Reverting back to the ranged abilities page restores the functionality of these buttons (as I suspect that this page is the first one, or the default page) but it can get rather annoying seeing as how there are four or five total pages and only one of them contains the working buttons.
09-26-07, 02:51 PM   #51
grin
A Defias Bandit
cant complete the instalation

press the button ... and well im waiting for my toon to shout out the awsome mazzlefy shout..but no.. nothing happens..the spell fails..and my hope fly away...

so how do i fix this problem?

ive done all the changes to stage 4 where im suposed to install the UI
09-26-07, 03:42 PM   #52
mahatef
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
about the Map problem i mentioned before, i just find out that the addons which cause the Cartographer not to work, are the ones which start with the word "Lib" (there's a bunch of them). as long as they are disabled map works fine, but the look of the UI sucks, and there's also a little bag stuck to my mouse pointer in game which won't allow me to press on anything (not even exit or logout in the menu)!!!
how this works? i deleted everything btw, and tried to follow the guide again, but won't help.
09-26-07, 05:11 PM   #53
Egbertus
A Murloc Raider
Tooltips in bags

Ok, I have everything working except for the tooltips when I open my bags or at a vendor.
Anyone have the same issue?
09-26-07, 05:29 PM   #54
Ariele
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Egbertus
Ok, I have everything working except for the tooltips when I open my bags or at a vendor.
Anyone have the same issue?
Had the same issue with my bags tooltip not showing. I used reagentinfo. After i disable it tooltip is back..dont know if it helps you
09-26-07, 05:37 PM   #55
airmaxkd
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Ariele
Had the same issue with my bags tooltip not showing. I used reagentinfo. After i disable it tooltip is back..dont know if it helps you

I don't run reagentinfo so this didn't help Anybody know a fix for the bag tooltips not showing? Otherwise - my Mazzle is working nicely. Thank you to everyone for all the help!!! It is much appreciated.
09-26-07, 06:02 PM   #56
redcedar
An Aku'mai Servant
I followed the instructions, the aceupdater is bit different for Mac, making it down to mazzify should appear in less than 30 seconds. Never does. /mazzify doesnt do anything. right click on MazzleUi and chose 'open mazzify' does nothing other than add to the bug bad.

Any ideas?
09-26-07, 06:26 PM   #57
redcedar
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by redcedar
I followed the instructions, the aceupdater is bit different for Mac, making it down to mazzify should appear in less than 30 seconds. Never does. /mazzify doesnt do anything. right click on MazzleUi and chose 'open mazzify' does nothing other than add to the bug bad.

Any ideas?
For Mac users the following worked for me after some trial and error: when you open MacAceUpdater, click on 'select outdated plugins', then click on 'install selected plugins', after it is done installing plugins, close the program. Do not try to find all the Fu's, etc that the instructions list.

follow the instructions before and after the aceupdater part.
09-26-07, 06:50 PM   #58
Older
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by LBussy
(removed the file, will upload to the normal download page per Mazzle's gentle prodding)

Am I missing something? I am not seeing this on the normal Mazzle download page.
09-26-07, 06:52 PM   #59
LBussy
Legend in my own mind

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Older
Am I missing something? I am not seeing this on the normal Mazzle download page.
No, for starters I can't get the server to play nicely. I also read meio's post and he convinced me not to do this until he has a chance to test all the fixes. I'm just a new guy here so I'm not looking to step on anyone's toes.
09-26-07, 07:54 PM   #60
Greenthumb
A Murloc Raider
Discord $ut fix PTR 2.2

There are a couple places that need to be fixed in order for discord to show the accurate target names as well as the target of target name and the Focus target name.

to open discord options type /discordunitframes

fix 1. "Looking at $ut"
Fix: Click on the "Target" box at the upper right of DuF options window
Click "Special"
Click "[8] Model ToT" in the left column
Change "Looking at $ut" to "Looking at $tn"
Press "Enter" to update change.

Fix 2. HuD Target name
Fix: Click on the "Target" box at the upper right of DuF options window
Click "Special"
Click "[10] HUD ToT" in the left column
Change "$ut" to "$tn" in the text box above the Text Variables button.

fix 3. Focus Name "$ut"
Fix: Click on the "Focus" box which hangs off the right side of the DuF options window.
Make sure "Special" is clicked
Click "[1] Name" in the left column
Change "$ut" to "$nm" in the text box above the Text Variables button.

fix 4. Party Members Targets "$ut"
Fix: Click on the "Party" box at the upper middle of DuF options window
Click "Special"
Click "[9] Target Name" in the left column
Change "$ut" to "$tn" in the text box above the Text Variables button.

These are the only issues I have found with the PtR 2.2 version so far.

If I find any more I will be sure to update this.

Edit:

After logging out and back in, I noticed that I had the same issue with $ut showing up in all of the above locations again.

To rectify this:
type /discordunitframes
in the left hand column toward the bottom, click on the "Misc Options" button.
in the "New Profile" text box Type in a name for a profile and hit enter.
Then go about making the changes above.

If you have additonal characters, you can open discord options, and click the Misc Options button, then click the Drop down box "load profile", find the profile you created and load it.

This should update the discord with the changes you made on the other character.

Last edited by Greenthumb : 09-28-07 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Additional information.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Mazzle 1.1 Fresh/New Installation after patch 2.2