05-11-08, 03:43 PM   #1
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Pick for 5/11: Auctionator (new) & Nameplate Modifier (new/updated)

Two new mods this week. (Actually, Nameplates Modifier was an old mod, but it's being rewritten and re-released.) And since they're both lazy on the screenshots (tsk tsk!) you get to meet my banker, Banchiere. (I give permission to the authors to use these screenshots on their download pages if they don't get a chance to make ones of their own.)

Auctionator:

Auctionator is an addon to make your time at the auction house faster and easier. It adds a new "Auctionator" tab to the auction house which functions like the "Auctions" tab. Except that when you put an item in the window, it automatically scans the auction house for that item and gathers price information for you. It then recommends what price you should sell it for.

For more information about this new addon, see the Auctionator download page.

Nameplate Modifier:

As mentioned above, this is a re-release/rewrite of an old addon. If you are familiar with the old version, then note that not all features have been reimplemented yet. Nameplate Modifier does just what it says - it modifies the default Blizzard nameplates. I happen to not particularly like the look of the Blizzard nameplates. But with this addon, you can change the bar texture, font, whether text is outlined or not, etc. It also taps into SharedMedia if you have that installed.

See the download page for more information.

Are you the author of a mod that you think belongs in this spotlight? Just upload/update it to our site, and it will automatically be considered for that week's Pick.

I would also like to note that an addon called FixBlizzCastBar was uploaded to the site this week. As some of you may have noticed, there is a bug in the game currently where the cast bar will disappear if Lightning Shield or similar procs. This addon should take care of that for you, if you have experienced the issue.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-11-08, 11:36 PM   #2
robthedude
Don't Panic

Double thumbs up for Auctionator!
I've could never get on with Auctioneer, it's a little bit too bulky for my tastes.
But Auctionator does exactly what I do when I sell stuff, except with zero effort and quickly!

05-12-08, 03:49 AM   #3
jobi
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Font?

What's that nice font you're using in the screenshot of Auctionator, and how/where can I get it?

Oh, and btw: Vendor is a nice alternative to Auctioneer/Auctionator as well, does the multiple stacks/item thing rather well.
05-12-08, 07:42 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The font in both screenshots is Tork: http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/larabie/tork/
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-12-08, 10:35 AM   #5
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

Auctionator is a brilliant pick
Thank you for familiarizing me with this AddOn.
05-14-08, 08:01 AM   #6
Layrajha
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I have a mod author question about Nameplate Modifier:

I'm wondering whether it is possible/efficient/etc or not to add 3 icons to enemy name plates where I could see my Shadow Word: Pain/Vampiric Touch/Vampiric Embrace timers.

I haven't studied the name plates much, I only know that they can't be reached quite easily, and I assume that the information available is limited. So:

- Is it possible to retrieve, from a name plate, the debuff applied to a mob (I guess not?)
- Is it possible to retrieve the unit GUID (I wonder)
- Can it be combined with a DoTimer-like addon to use the unit name as well as home-made timers, and a semi-clever check of the combat log if necessary, to track your debuffs on the name plates that you can see, assuming you are not fighting enemies with the same names (I guess so?)
05-14-08, 09:22 AM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I'm not sure, Layrajha... But I am sure that there's a better place to ask that question than this thread.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » WoWI's Pick(s) of the Week » Pick for 5/11: Auctionator (new) & Nameplate Modifier (new/updated)