A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Originally Posted by Crothul View Post
lemme put it this way
i regret gettin lich king since i cant have my mazzle
so therefor
what will it financially take to get this running on regular basis
yeah im deadly serious
This post made me write this post.

Like all of you, I discovered and used MazzleUI when Mazzlefizz was still playing WoW.

It is a by far the best "addon-compilation ever created". Kudos to the Mazzifier. How many hours does it take to set EVERY SINGLE addon the right settings and what not? That was the benefit that MazzleUI gave me.

Then, Mazzlefizz quit WoW. He did release various updates when patches caused the compilation to go on the fritz.

Since Mazzlefizz was no longer "actively" supporting MazzleUI, I've bit the bullet and started my collection of addons from scratch.

Yes, there are implementations that are really nice with this MazzleUI compilation. However, it is not the end of the world and I kinda feel sad that you regret in getting Wrath of the Lich King as you'll not have MazzleUI.

Lastly, I'm very surprised that a handful of developers are continuing to update MazzleUI. More power to you guys.

Regarding the "donation" bit. Yes. It is a donation hence Mazzlefizz is not obligated to "handle/implement" the donator's requests.

Regarding Carbonite. Yes. I have the full version and I've made a donation to that addon as there has been active development.
11-25-08, 03:57 PM   #42
sora420
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Ringleron View Post
This post made me write this post.

Like all of you, I discovered and used MazzleUI when Mazzlefizz was still playing WoW.

It is a by far the best "addon-compilation ever created". Kudos to the Mazzifier. How many hours does it take to set EVERY SINGLE addon the right settings and what not? That was the benefit that MazzleUI gave me.

Then, Mazzlefizz quit WoW. He did release various updates when patches caused the compilation to go on the fritz.

Since Mazzlefizz was no longer "actively" supporting MazzleUI, I've bit the bullet and started my collection of addons from scratch.

Yes, there are implementations that are really nice with this MazzleUI compilation. However, it is not the end of the world and I kinda feel sad that you regret in getting Wrath of the Lich King as you'll not have MazzleUI.

Lastly, I'm very surprised that a handful of developers are continuing to update MazzleUI. More power to you guys.

Regarding the "donation" bit. Yes. It is a donation hence Mazzlefizz is not obligated to "handle/implement" the donator's requests.

Regarding Carbonite. Yes. I have the full version and I've made a donation to that addon as there has been active development.
my response to the above is simple, get FreshUI its almost identical if not better in ways :P
11-25-08, 04:04 PM   #43
Ringleron
Originally Posted by ibnuts View Post
I see your point, but I don't think people could ask you to "remove their addon" when you're not charging for it. What I proposed was to charge only for the Mazzifier/Mazzle-coded addons. The rest could be hosted in a free pack here or wherever else. Zygor works with TomTom and Mapster/Cartographer, which seems to be a valid comparison, so I don't think this is really an issue. Even if it were, the other addon authors wouldn't be earning money for their work, so they probably wouldn't have the means to litigate :lol: Seriously, though, I can check with a friend who's a copyright/patent attorney if Mazzle/someone else even responded on these suggestions.
MazzleUI and any other addon part of the MazzleUI compilation is all in "donation" basis.

When there was talk about MazzleUI becoming a "paid addon", no doubt an author of X addon would want their addon removed. The main thing there is that MazzleUI is a compilation of addons. Mazzifier is AFAIK the only true unique addon. Some of the addons were changed by Mazzlefizz to accomodate the Mazzifier I believe. Do tell me if this is not true.

Carbonite addon is AFAIK not a compilation of addons. It does have implementation that mimic X addon or at least the concept. I believe the term is integration. Lots of Carbonite addon users have asked if Carbonite can do X or Y and the Carbonite addon developers do try to implement them if it follows the overall concept of the addon. AFAIK, Carbonite is a quest/map addon with inventory management.
11-25-08, 04:09 PM   #44
Ringleron
Originally Posted by sora420 View Post
my response to the above is simple, get FreshUI its almost identical if not better in ways :P
And to respond to your post, I do have a brand new UI that I personally compiled and configured (no Mazzifier). It is not FreshUI as that denotes that FreshUI is a compilation of addons.

I'll stick to my own compilation as the various authors in my compilation continues to update their respective addons. And if one addon gets abandonded, I'll just look for a replacement that relatively does the same thing.
11-25-08, 04:20 PM   #45
Ringleron
Originally Posted by Flamer View Post
Then maybe the donate section of mazzle should be taken off since mazzle doesnt work on the UI anymore but would willingly taken money for something that doesnt work and its america we have the right to complain or didnt u learn anything in school.
I agree with Flamer here as Mazzlefizz is not actively writing/updating the UI compilation.

The money that people do donate to this MazzleUI should really go towards the various of developers that is continuing to keep the "addon" going.

It is ok to delete this if you'd like. But, just making an opinion about having a "donation" button that goes to somebody that doesn't really actively update the addon is well...

No doubt, the developers that actively "keep the addon going" are doing it for the fun of keeping the addon going and have little to no inclination about the dollars.

How about asking someway on "passing the torch"?
11-25-08, 05:47 PM   #46
alenda
A Cliff Giant

This is a pointless thread. Needs to be locked imo.
11-26-08, 11:56 PM   #47
ibnuts
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by alenda View Post
This is a pointless thread. Needs to be locked imo.
Agreed. I had some comments but the only responses as of late are from unimaginative naysayers.

I canceled my WoW subscription a couple of days ago. It expires at the end of the month. I'll check back occasionally to see if the volunteers have gotten anything done. That said, if anyone creates an addon which does just what the Mazzifier did (i.e. arrange all spells in bars along with shortcuts), please post. I'll be happy to pay a subscription fee or something. I don't think other developers would care much if people paid, and if they did, there's not a whole lot they can do about it.

Last edited by ibnuts : 11-26-08 at 11:59 PM.
11-27-08, 08:44 AM   #48
Casmiar
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by ibnuts View Post
Agreed. I had some comments but the only responses as of late are from unimaginative naysayers.

I canceled my WoW subscription a couple of days ago. It expires at the end of the month. I'll check back occasionally to see if the volunteers have gotten anything done. That said, if anyone creates an addon which does just what the Mazzifier did (i.e. arrange all spells in bars along with shortcuts), please post. I'll be happy to pay a subscription fee or something. I don't think other developers would care much if people paid, and if they did, there's not a whole lot they can do about it.

You do not know much about copyrighted code do you.

Cas
11-28-08, 12:02 AM   #49
Heracy
A Defias Bandit
Usually, when someone says something stupid, I just ignore it and go on with my life. But, this one time, I feel obligated to say something.
My brother (Trole, Nazjatar) is a hunter. He is one of the most hard-core raiders I have ever seen. He uses vanilla everything, and very few other mods besides omen and recount. Hell, he still uses the good old hunter macros. The point is, you definitely do not need a mod to play this game. I wish Mazzle would come back and tell everyone who is quitting wow or whatever because they don't have his mod that they are being stupid.
Believe me, I loved MazzleUI as much as the next guy. But, when it broke, I moved on, and discovered the joys of configuring my own UI. Better yet, I eventually found a full UI mod of completely original code which works well for any class (NUI). But to pay for it? The best part of any addon is that the person didn't make it for money, he or she made it because they saw a problem, and they wanted to fix it, not only for themselves but for everyone. They help the common good. That's the way it should be. Addon authors are the arguably most important part of the wow community. They deserve a lot of credit. But, if they decide to start charging for their products, I would rather go without them.
Thanks for reading my rant. G'day everyone.
11-28-08, 11:56 AM   #50
gutkin
A Murloc Raider
I donated and a few weeks later Mazzle stopped developing. I would never consider donating to mazzle. Though I appreciate her work, she has taken a very poor attitude about opening her code to everyone who wants to work with it.

Flame away....
11-28-08, 11:01 PM   #51
Flamer
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by tinyu View Post
if Mazzle currently works in wow 3.0 then it will work in wotlk.
DOH it doesnt work with wotlk
11-30-08, 10:01 AM   #52
Diablo
A Murloc Raider
Bongos is now called Dominos...just a FYI regarding the barmod problems.
11-30-08, 10:17 AM   #53
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I stopped using Mazzle a while back.

Started using nUI and adding in some of the other mods I used regularly (MobInfo2, Auctioneer, QuestHelper, etc). Sure, don't have the cool mazzifier, but there's not much that can be done about that. I donated to Mazzle back when he was actively developing and fixing, and I do not regret giving him that money - Mazzla was great in it's time.

But it's time has passed.

Marth

11-30-08, 11:18 AM   #54
Bens
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
If losing the Mazzifier was such a big loss to some people and want something that does the same job then I recommend trying ArkiveUI.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-ArkiveUI.html

You simply log in choose your class and Arkive does the rest. Make sure though if you want to add other addons that you do so AFTER running just the Arkive setup to avoid any problems.
11-30-08, 11:37 AM   #55
pur3lusion
A Murloc Raider
Ok

Ok work together but since mazzle got pretty much all the coding why cant he at least give someone the codes needed to make this run..... As i said b4 i donated money while its running i wouldnt mind donating again to make this run once more....... or teach someone to get this running once again so we dont have to go through problems.....
11-30-08, 10:44 PM   #56
Nighrunner
A Cyclonian

QQ AND MOREQQ Just move on ppl! or wait till some one fix it.

12-02-08, 11:17 AM   #57
sweetwes
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Bens View Post
If losing the Mazzifier was such a big loss to some people and want something that does the same job then I recommend trying ArkiveUI.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-ArkiveUI.html

You simply log in choose your class and Arkive does the rest. Make sure though if you want to add other addons that you do so AFTER running just the Arkive setup to avoid any problems.
This UI package is great, I installed it last night, took very little time to setup everything. No errors.
12-02-08, 12:06 PM   #58
Nighrunner
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by sweetwes View Post
This UI package is great, I installed it last night, took very little time to setup everything. No errors.
Yup, Its Im using it and is so easy to set up... Its almost the same mazzleui but with less problems to updatem

12-04-08, 09:10 AM   #59
WornWoody
A Murloc Raider
ArkiveUI

I agree with the above posters. I had been a long-time user of MazzleUI, constantly making tweaks to it after WOW patches to keep it working.

I highly recommend frustrated MazzleUI users to give ArkiveUI a shot. The owner was himself an avvid Mazzle user. He is very active on the ArkiveUI forums and is constantly upgrading his compilation. While it does not provide a full-function "Mazzifier", it does customize the UI and buttons a little bit according to class.

ArkivUI:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...idescreen.html

12-04-08, 09:01 PM   #60
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sorry for OT post. But it's so great to see that MazzleUI still running for quite a time now. I've been away from WoW for almost a year or more. I'm really proud and happy to once be part of MazzleUI in contributing some of my themes here .

But is this still in-game self install? I read over the Mazzle mod download page and it said that he only included the original Mazzle mods and few other core external mods such as Bartender. If it is still so, maybe I'll come back and make few more themes .

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Mazzle for V3.0.3 to WOTLK?