04-18-09, 04:31 PM   #1
goat199
A Defias Bandit
Cursor on minimap points wrong direction.

The cursor on my minimap points the wrong direction constantly. , Example, i was fighting a mob with my pet and my cursor, which is gray, is pointing left while i just go straight. And no it is not pointing to anything in particular. Also my pet which had a red arrow, i guess because he was fighting was pointing a complete opposite way of the mob and me. So can anyone help out?

Thank you much,
goat

04-18-09, 04:47 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It doesn't matter if you're going straight or turning, it will point left if you are going west. Unless you are used to having the compass ring turn instead (rotating minimap), in which case your arrow would always point north (that's a setting in Interface Options). Or, perhaps I'm not understanding what you mean?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-18-09, 06:59 PM   #3
goat199
A Defias Bandit
Thank you for the reply

all I want is the arrow on the minimap, Which is me, point towards the direction I am going. i looked all over the settings and could not find it
is there a way to do this?

Thank you

04-18-09, 07:09 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Could you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing compared to what you would like to see? I just want to make sure we're on the same page.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-19-09, 12:10 AM   #5
goat199
A Defias Bandit
Here is the screenshot

Ok here is a shot:
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...99/MapProb.jpg

Notice I am going straight down the road on the map but if you look at the minimap, I am facing to the right.

04-19-09, 02:49 AM   #6
Fonjask
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by goat199 View Post
Ok here is a shot:
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...99/MapProb.jpg

Notice I am going straight down the road on the map but if you look at the minimap, I am facing to the right.
That's not a minimap, that's a megamap! Anyways, you are going straight but you're going to the east. That's why the map shows you going 'right'. There's an option in the Interface/Social menu of Blizzard, but I'm not sure if it will also work with your map addon. What addon is it?

04-19-09, 03:50 PM   #7
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

That's Carbonite and it looks like the standard Blizz map has been Integrated. Not sure how the rotation will work as I dont integrate my maps.

04-19-09, 05:26 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Ah yes, it looks like the "integrated" minimap is rotated wrong. It shows the road as running north-south instead of east west. You do probably have minimap rotation enabled in Interface Options. I'll move this into the Carbonite Bugs forum so you can get some more help on this issue.

04-19-09, 05:41 PM   #9
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by goat199 View Post
The cursor on my minimap points the wrong direction constantly. , Example, i was fighting a mob with my pet and my cursor, which is gray, is pointing left while i just go straight. And no it is not pointing to anything in particular. Also my pet which had a red arrow, i guess because he was fighting was pointing a complete opposite way of the mob and me. So can anyone help out?

Thank you much,
goat
This was fixed in 3.1 - make sure you grab the latest version.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Cursor on minimap points wrong direction.