10-17-09, 12:41 PM   #1
vividmana
A Murloc Raider
Question Power Auras, tracking a ON USE trinket stacks

I'm trying to get Power Auras to show a trinket proc. I got the trinket http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47728 and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=46051last night. I have it set to /use on one of my mouseover macros. The buff names are in the picture. I thought I had it set up correctly.

All of the visual stuff I have to my liking.
The bottom part is set up as: (this is for Binding Light)
Activation by: Buff
Stacks =8
In the first blank: Escalation
Second blank: is blank
Ignore Uppercase is checked
Cast By Me is checked

So any ideas on what I'm not doing? Or doing wrong? I've asked for help on plusheal, tankspot, and from guild members. I am able to have boss debuffs and talent tree procs (i.e.: clearcasting and eclipse) show up. OR if anyone knows another addon that will be easier to set up to track this, I'd give it try awsell.
10-17-09, 12:49 PM   #2
Praesagus
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by vividmana View Post
I'm trying to get Power Auras to show a trinket proc. I got the trinket http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47728 and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=46051last night. I have it set to /use on one of my mouseover macros. The buff names are in the picture. I thought I had it set up correctly.

All of the visual stuff I have to my liking.
The bottom part is set up as: (this is for Binding Light)
Activation by: Buff
Stacks =8
In the first blank: Escalation
Second blank: is blank
Ignore Uppercase is checked
Cast By Me is checked

So any ideas on what I'm not doing? Or doing wrong? I've asked for help on plusheal, tankspot, and from guild members. I am able to have boss debuffs and talent tree procs (i.e.: clearcasting and eclipse) show up. OR if anyone knows another addon that will be easier to set up to track this, I'd give it try awsell.
Not knowing anything about it, just a guess: Escalation doesn't look like it's a stacking buff but Escalating Power does so Escalation probably shouldn't have a stack entry and if you do one for Escalting Power, it would.
10-17-09, 12:52 PM   #3
vividmana
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Praesagus View Post
Not knowing anything about it, just a guess: Escalation doesn't look like it's a stacking buff but Escalating Power does so Escalation probably shouldn't have a stack entry and if you do one for Escalting Power, it would.
I have tried all combinations for it, putting in Escalation with stack=0 and not checking cast by me. Those are the three places I've tried all combinations, and I mean all. Wrote them all down just to make sure I tried each one.
10-17-09, 12:55 PM   #4
Praesagus
A Theradrim Guardian

I have tried all combinations for it, putting in Escalation with stack=0 and not checking cast by me. Those are the three places I've tried all combinations, and I mean all. Wrote them all down just to make sure I tried each one.
With Escalation you don't want stack at anything (maybe that's what stack=0 is..haven't used powa in a bit.)
10-17-09, 01:46 PM   #5
vividmana
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Praesagus View Post
With Escalation you don't want stack at anything (maybe that's what stack=0 is..haven't used powa in a bit.)
As I've said, I have tried all possible combinations and nothing has worked. So maybe, I'll go addon hunting until I find one that doesn't leave everyone drawing a blank or advising me to do what I've already done.
10-19-09, 02:02 AM   #6
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

As I've said, I have tried all possible combinations and nothing has worked. So maybe, I'll go addon hunting until I find one that doesn't leave everyone drawing a blank or advising me to do what I've already done.
Did you try leaving stacks empty or stacks > 0? And uncheck cast by me.
10-22-09, 02:28 PM   #7
vividmana
A Murloc Raider
Yes, I have tried this.

I have also given up because one raid night it works sort of and the next not at all.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Power Auras, tracking a ON USE trinket stacks