05-23-07, 01:17 AM   #21
Voonka
A Cyclonian
Did you enable your out of date add ons man?
05-23-07, 08:51 AM   #22
Moogar
A Defias Bandit
Can someone explain please?

1.) Started with a fresh addon folder.
2.) Copied the !!!StandaloneLibraries from http://files.wowace.com into addon directory
3.) Copied MazzleUI files saying No to all requests for file overwrites
4.) Downloaded WAU from http://www.wowace.com
5.) Clicked Edit > Mark Installed Addons (F4 sortcut0
6.) Clicked File > Install/Update selected addons > Without Externals
7.) Loaded game up with character already Mazzified, no errors
8.) Loaded game up on un-Mazzified character, also no loading errors
9.) Mazzified new character, also no errors. Had new Ace2 addons installed.

In addition the loading imprint on Warmup was almost reasonable (I'm an addon junkie so most people would have ran to the hills).

PS: Just discovered with this one small error, if you choose to leave the programs mentioned as critically important as is, updating with WAU will break Autobar, sRaidFrames and oRA.
My first question is when you say a fresh addon folder, are you refering to a new (empty)folder or a folder containing just the standard blizzard files?

Second, are you placing the folder !!!StandaloneLibraries or its contents into the addon folder?

Third, the only time i get asked about overwriting is if I have the contents of the !!!StandaloneLibraries folder pasted in my addon folder when I copy the MazzleUI files I have had on my computer.

ANd last, which programs are you refering to as critically important? When I go back and uncheck any adons listed in the MazzlUI FAQ that shows up in WUA, I'm still getting errors.

If someone could give a wlakthrogh on the steps quoted above, it would be greatly appreciated.
05-23-07, 10:14 AM   #23
Ringleron
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Originally Posted by Moogar
My first question is when you say a fresh addon folder, are you refering to a new (empty)folder or a folder containing just the standard blizzard files?
I took it as, an empty \Interface\Addons folder.

Second, are you placing the folder !!!StandaloneLibraries or its contents into the addon folder?
I then placed the !!StandaloneLibraries within the \Interface\Addons folder.

Then, within the !!StandaloneLibraries folder, I ran the Install.bat file (which copies the empty library folders to the \Interface\Addons folder.

Third, the only time i get asked about overwriting is if I have the contents of the !!!StandaloneLibraries folder pasted in my addon folder when I copy the MazzleUI files I have had on my computer.
I then downloaded the MazzleUI 1.01 from this site and then extracted the folders (within the ZIP) into the \Interface\Addons folder. The dialog appears about overwriting the existing folders. I said no. (Note: There is no button for NO to ALL, but, a WINDOWS TRICK is to HOLD the SHIFT key while clicking the NO button).

The end result here is MazzleUI files (i.e. Bongos, MonkeyQuest, etc) plus the libraries in the !!StandaloneLibraries.

ANd last, which programs are you refering to as critically important? When I go back and uncheck any adons listed in the MazzlUI FAQ that shows up in WUA, I'm still getting errors.

If someone could give a wlakthrogh on the steps quoted above, it would be greatly appreciated.

I didn't really quite follow this as I used the original MazzleUI download files, I guess Airdragon meant that there are some critical MazzleUI mods that shouldn't be updated like Bongos.
05-23-07, 10:36 AM   #24
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Ringleron
I didn't really quite follow this as I used the original MazzleUI download files, I guess Airdragon meant that there are some critical MazzleUI mods that shouldn't be updated like Bongos.
My interpretation was that if you choose to uncheck the mods listed as critical (or perhaps modified) by Mazzle in an effort to not break things, that you can actually do more harm then good.

Quite a few of us have updated everything that Ace Updater can update with no known issues currently, so you're probably safe just doing the full update.
05-23-07, 10:52 AM   #25
Moogar
A Defias Bandit
Ty guys. I wanted to make sure i was doing this right. I was trying multiple attempts at interpreting the instructions and it seemd things were just geting worse.
05-23-07, 11:08 AM   #26
omega
A Defias Bandit
Wondering if anyone can help me out. I have updated the addons the way it has been explained here but I am having an issue with the unit frames. Every time I want to add a potion to my character one of the other potions gets overridden. (ie.. Added defense potion to my level 33 pally and my wisdom potion disappeared.) Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
05-23-07, 12:36 PM   #27
Chieyan
A Murloc Raider
Its not a Mazzle error. Blizzard has changed the way that pots now stack - you can't stack multiple "battle potions" on top of each other - I'd forgotten about this change until I was playing last night and over-rode a major agi pot with an onslaught one.

Hope this helped

Chieyan of Garona
05-23-07, 12:45 PM   #28
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I did the steps posted by Airdragon.
I have discovered 3 problems, 2 easily fixable, the third I can't figure out.

Here are the problems and fixes for anyone who has the same problems:

1) Ace2 and the libs were not being populated in the addons page on the char choice page.
Fix: re-do WUA with only them, without externals (they are on the bottom of the list if you have already used the updater)

2) On the list, it said Mazzifier and MazzleOptions had MazzleUI dependency missing.
Fix: go into the MazzleUI, go to the TOC forlder, and change the name from
Mazzlefizz's |cFF006699MazzleUI|r
to MazzleUI

This is the problem I can't figure out....

[2007/05/23 13:36:06-8-x73]: Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:872: bad argument #1 to 'strmatch' (string expected, got nil):
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:872: in function `QueryCastSequence':
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:1253: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:1229>:
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:1272: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:1269>:
(tail call): ?:
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:1287: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:1283>:
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:1299: in function `UpdateMacroFeedback':
<string>:"*:OnUpdate":10: in function <[string "*:OnUpdate"]:1>

If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear. It spams over and over and fills up the bugsack.
Thanks and hope this helps
05-23-07, 01:47 PM   #29
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Nynaeve
This is the problem I can't figure out....

[2007/05/23 13:36:06-8-x73]: Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:872: bad argument #1 to 'strmatch' (string expected, got nil):
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:872: in function `QueryCastSequence':
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:1253: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:1229>:
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:1272: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:1269>:
(tail call): ?:
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:1287: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:1283>:
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:1299: in function `UpdateMacroFeedback':
<string>:"*:OnUpdate":10: in function <[string "*:OnUpdate"]:1>

If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear. It spams over and over and fills up the bugsack.
Thanks and hope this helps
Do you use any macros which use /castsequence? If so, please post them, you probably have an error in one of them.
05-23-07, 01:51 PM   #30
Peneth
A Fallenroot Satyr
I've followed the steps outlined up to a point - where you run WoWAceUpdater.

When I try to run it, nothing happens. Zip, Zero, Natta. What am I doing wrong - I really really want to have MazzleUI working again..
05-23-07, 02:00 PM   #31
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Originally Posted by Peneth
I've followed the steps outlined up to a point - where you run WoWAceUpdater.

When I try to run it, nothing happens. Zip, Zero, Natta. What am I doing wrong - I really really want to have MazzleUI working again..
Be sure you have the latest WoWAceUpdater (version 1.8).

Be sure to mark the addons (using the check boxes on the left side)

Update per normal.
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
05-23-07, 05:02 PM   #32
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

to mrruben5 no, i did not have one at the time when this error occured. I had not used any macros.

However, I am also getting two new issues with xloot:

[2007/05/23 16:26:01-11-x1]: XLoot-0.9.27273\XLootRowTools.lua:108: GameTooltip:SetOwner(): Wrong object type, expected frame
XLoot-0.9.27273\XLootRowTools.lua:108: in function <Interface\AddOns\XLoot\XLootRowTools.lua:108>

[2007/05/23 15:07:40-11-x1904]: Interface\FrameXML\LootFrame.lua:191: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'page' (a nil value):
<string>:"*:OnUpdate":2: in function <[string "*:OnUpdate"]:1>

Anyone have any ideas on these?
05-23-07, 05:58 PM   #33
Toast1982
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
With quite a bit of struggle I've seemed to get quite a bit of this stuff hammered down, however; right in the upper left portion of my screen is some strange text listing

Warriors Paladins Hunters Warlocks Shamans

then several spaces down it's

Mages Druids Rogues Priests

Obviously this is some raid issue that's bugging out, any ideas on what that might be so i can disable it?
05-23-07, 06:35 PM   #34
reiella
A Defias Bandit
Followed the happy fun steps [clean directory yada].

It looks like the tooltip data for alot of crafting items got corrupted somewhere along the line. I'm seeing alot of "Used in" various numbers for items.

Quite possible that's Auctioneer though, but I didn't think auctioneer had that stuff enabled.

[ Edit / Add ]
Tracked it down to Mendeleev, hmm okie.

Last edited by reiella : 05-23-07 at 06:57 PM.
05-24-07, 01:36 AM   #35
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by reiella

It looks like the tooltip data for alot of crafting items got corrupted somewhere along the line. I'm seeing alot of "Used in" various numbers for items.

Quite possible that's Auctioneer though, but I didn't think auctioneer had that stuff enabled.

[ Edit / Add ]
I've seen that as well.
05-24-07, 06:46 AM   #36
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by reiella

[ Edit / Add ]
Yea...that was kind of annoying. Also, it's not that the mod/data is corrupted, it's that he hasn't added the TBC data to his mod, so item/enchants/etc that are referenced are only going to show numbers until he updates it. For those that still want to use the other features of the mod but found that long list of gibberish annoying, you can disable that list by going under Deuce Commander, Inventory, Mendeleev and unchecking "Used In" (to be honest, it may the option "Component In"...but it's definitely one of those two...one shows the professions that uses it, and the other shows the actual recipes/patterns).
05-24-07, 06:53 AM   #37
Auralei
A Cyclonian

Mendleev has been updated as of this morning, I just dnl'd the new version, have not tested it, just FYI.
05-24-07, 05:32 PM   #38
reiella
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Arkive
Yea...that was kind of annoying. Also, it's not that the mod/data is corrupted, it's that he hasn't added the TBC data to his mod, so item/enchants/etc that are referenced are only going to show numbers until he updates it. For those that still want to use the other features of the mod but found that long list of gibberish annoying, you can disable that list by going under Deuce Commander, Inventory, Mendeleev and unchecking "Used In" (to be honest, it may the option "Component In"...but it's definitely one of those two...one shows the professions that uses it, and the other shows the actual recipes/patterns).
Ah good to know I'm not insane, and it isn't my computer/Vista being a jerk.

Reran the WAU, and the Mendeleev quirk is still there, although 'Used In' does remove it.
05-25-07, 04:28 AM   #39
griffin224
Premium Member

Originally Posted by SottoVoce
Actually the WAU updates the libraries the way you configure it to.

If you tell WAU to install the !!!StandaloneLibraries it will do just that and then delete the embedded libraries from all the Ace2 Add-Ons to decrease initial memory use.
After you've done that WAU will always update the addons without externals (meaning no embedded libraries).

By the way, after going through the list of installed add ons in the WAU unselecting all Ace Add ons mentioned in the Mazzle FAQ as modified/critical-to-be-updated I thought "What the hell" and just updated ALL installed Ace Add Ons.
What do you know? It works perfectly fine, nothings broken, everythings updated.

Only error BugSack throws is something from Quixote which, I believe, isn't even originally installed with MazzleUI, I think it came along, when I installed FuQuestFu (which I really like, btw, disabled Monkey Quest after trying QuestFu for a few days).

Want to get rid of that error? Update QuixoteLib in Wau, error goes bye bye....
05-25-07, 07:15 AM   #40
drdiesel
A Theradrim Guardian
OK wonderful, I followed the break-down instructions given by Ringleron and everything is perfect now. The issue was with how I installed the !!!StandaloneLibraries, it is KEY to install the whole directory in the Addons directory and then run the Install.bat file.

Only issues I have run into was that SWS is a mod I had not seen before and without turning it off I couldn't get the gray window to disappear. Everything else also seems to have saved from prior installs as well. My Bongo (/bob) profiles were saved and reloaded correctly and all my other UI settings also saved properly.

Thanks everyone, great debugging work!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » For those of you updating your add-ons