04-27-07, 02:28 AM   #41
Skylerzio
A Murloc Raider
Please Seriously please! I went From UI to UI almost Daily Finding something that would feel right, I Bought a Nostromo Controller and Had Piramod, it was working alright, just alot of jumble...then I saw the pictures of Mazzle UI on a break at work. As soon as I got home i spent an hour trying to remember the name, searching on google and various WOW mod sites...finally I found you. I installed Immediately, loaded it up, It was Absolutely Perfect! I havent used any outside add-ons or mods since...deleted every other mod I was using at the time! Hell i even got My Friend To come back to wow after a 5 month hiatus, because he came over and saw your UI. it was pretty funny actually!

Jew (yes thats what we all call him, hes jewish): what the hell is that? /pointing at my PC screen
Me: Warcraft...?
Jew: no...wheres the normal layout?
Me: oh! the UI? its mazzlefizz...
Jew: its pretty f***in cool!

i started showing him everything it does...Now, because of you, I returned the favor to the friend that got me playing WoW.

I will donate in about a week (payday) just please continue!
04-27-07, 06:16 PM   #42
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hmm...this thread is turning into a very special episode of Oprah. I didn't know a UI could be so moving. *tear*

But seriously, I am working on 1.1. I just don't put in as much time as I used to. Thank you for all the nice words and recent donations. I am working on reciprocating.
04-27-07, 08:25 PM   #43
Skylerzio
A Murloc Raider
Either thats a Very Sweet Compliment....or not.

But whatever it may be taken as, we now have the official word that Mazzle the Godly Great IS Indeed working on 1.1. So with that in mind I have a suggestion for the suggestions page...
04-28-07, 07:35 AM   #44
tknice
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I too completely appreciate Mazzle. As I mentioned in another thread, I tried it on the test realm and the graphics and mazzlefier are not working. I'll be very sad to go back to my old hum drum UI with half of the flexibility of yours. Have you had a chance to test with 2.1?

I don't have alot of extra cash, but I will be sending in a donation promptly.

TKNice

/3CheersForMazzle
04-29-07, 12:34 PM   #45
Aygen
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

as much as bliz professes UI's ... they sure dont want Discord's to work ...
04-29-07, 04:10 PM   #46
the23rdmagus
A Murloc Raider

You've definitely made the best UI I've ever tried, and it seems I wouldn't be the only one lost if development stopped. Keep at it - your work is greatly appreciated!
04-29-07, 06:13 PM   #47
Therok
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
Hmm...this thread is turning into a very special episode of Oprah. I didn't know a UI could be so moving. *tear*

But seriously, I am working on 1.1. I just don't put in as much time as I used to. Thank you for all the nice words and recent donations. I am working on reciprocating.
Everyone KNOWS that Oprah plays Guild Wars. This is more like an episode of the Montell Williams show.
04-29-07, 11:42 PM   #48
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Therok
Everyone KNOWS that Oprah plays Guild Wars. This is more like an episode of the Montell Williams show.
I can live with Montel Williams. If this were the Blizzard forums, this thread would be Jerry Springer all the way.
04-30-07, 11:45 AM   #49
yury00
A Murloc Raider
Mazzle I know this has been said many times before but I still think this is the greatest UI sins sliced bread or actually better so please keep up the incredible work. You are an inspiration to WoW fans and players alike.

Mazzle for president
04-30-07, 02:50 PM   #50
pirplepig
Oink!

Premium Member
Thanks for your continued work on this project. As soon as I saw this UI on on WOW Insider I knew I had to have it. It has been such a help as a shaman as the Bliz UI is VERY inadequate.

Thank you so much.
04-30-07, 06:42 PM   #51
Cutestory
A Defias Bandit
I'll jump on the bandwagon here and say that the Mazzle UI has single-handedly renewed my interest in the game, and I can't imagine playing the game without it. When patch day comes, I'll just sit in the corner and cry if MazzleUI doesn't work anymore.

Keep up the good work!

P.S. Oh, and donation incoming...
05-01-07, 02:12 PM   #52
gutkin
A Murloc Raider
I love the UI and have happily donated and will do so again as new versions are released. As someone already suggested charge a fee, I would happily pay a fee to guarantee regular updates to your excellent UI.

If you do choose to move on, I would hope you allow others to take over, it would be a shame to lose your work.
05-01-07, 05:43 PM   #53
Sketch
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Been a long time user, then left, and now came back after I simply couldn't find any UI's to make the game like Mazzle made it for me.

Now, I guess I could go on like Haze did in the first part of this thread, but he did say everything rather well. It's the whiners we hear, and those who truly appreciate it who stay silent.

If anything, Mazz, I would say keep doing this if you enjoy it. But the moment it loses it for yourself, walk away. -However- I'd say don't rob the community of those who do truly appreciate it, and make it an open source project. Or simply find someone trusted who would be just as dedicated and let them continue on. I know how coders can get when it comes to their programming, but that might be another option for you, should you decide to leave the project.

Another idea, is why not give donaters a -reason- to donate beyond supporting the development of the UI? Simply put, I know (and this was a while ago, so I dunno if you still do it) that in the beta section of the forums was a version only those allowed into that section could use. I was usually a few steps ahead of the public release, and for good reason. It was being tested on a large scale.

Why not allow donaters access to this version (if it even exists still)? Just have them give you their WoWInterface userID, and add them to that part of the forum. It would do two things: Save you from looking through the forums for those who -might- be a good addition to the beta testers, and it would ensure you have a dedicated crop. People willing to part with money (in my experience) are a lot more apt to be much more involved and dedicated to making it the best they can.

Just an idea. I hope you do keep with this, as I honestly can't really enjoy WoW without it. I'm also going to donate, simply because I never have for anything like this, but your project deserves it.
05-02-07, 11:50 AM   #54
jugo
A Kobold Labourer
mazzle rocks

let me add to my compliments to everyone else. you did a fantastic job with mazzle. A little while ago I became slightly annoyed with how long it takes for wow to load with mazzle. Add to that the mazzifier wasn't working anymore on new toons I rolled. So I decided to go out and build a mazzle-like interface myself. I decided I was going to download all of the addons and configure them myself. After an entire day (8am - 6pm) I'd say I got about 1/3 of the way there. First of all I couldn't find all of the addons required to simulate mazzle. The ones I did find were either hard to configure, didn't play well with others, or just plain old didn't work. After that experience I now have a true appreciation for the work you put into mazzle.

At the end of that day I found my way to this forum. After following the suggestions of my fellow mazzle users, I got the mazzifier to work on my new toons. Tho the load time is still long it is a small price to pay for such a great UI. Thanks again for the work you put into it. Where do I donate?
05-03-07, 04:42 PM   #55
sphinxatl
A Murloc Raider
I just want to add on to the thread, I've been using Mazzle for a few months now and its great. Make sure to sticky this thread! Please keep it up for 2.1!
05-04-07, 08:12 PM   #56
blahism
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Exclamation

I wanted to add my 2 cents as well and say that i absolutely love mazzle ui, i couldn't play without it after experiencing wow with it. It was "information overload" at first but quickly adopted after minor tweaking and now forever in need of it

I'll be happy to donate 50-100 bucks for the cause or if you can setup a subscription i'll do 5 bucks a month while i play wow.

Unfortunately i only have a paypal account that can pay via credit card and not one that sends money - with that said, can you make a donation page with specific denominations as well as subscription options so i can subscribe or pay via credit card? I just don't like paypal having my bank info but i would like to donate to the cause in hopes of seeing everything updated for 2.x (especially the upcoming 2.1)
05-05-07, 11:34 AM   #57
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by blahism
I wanted to add my 2 cents as well and say that i absolutely love mazzle ui, i couldn't play without it after experiencing wow with it. It was "information overload" at first but quickly adopted after minor tweaking and now forever in need of it

I'll be happy to donate 50-100 bucks for the cause or if you can setup a subscription i'll do 5 bucks a month while i play wow.

Unfortunately i only have a paypal account that can pay via credit card and not one that sends money - with that said, can you make a donation page with specific denominations as well as subscription options so i can subscribe or pay via credit card? I just don't like paypal having my bank info but i would like to donate to the cause in hopes of seeing everything updated for 2.x (especially the upcoming 2.1)

I'm sorry, but unless it's extremely easy and cost-free, I don't think I'll be setting up any alternate donation mechanisms. I was under the impression that you could use paypal to pay for things with only credit card information. I don't think you have to submit bank information to do the basic functions. I could be wrong though.
05-05-07, 03:03 PM   #58
Aygen
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

You dont have to submit bank info. ^^
05-07-07, 02:10 PM   #59
eacable
A Murloc Raider
Mazz,

You do great work, don't stop
05-08-07, 04:03 PM   #60
ChaosWolf
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
MazzleUI renewed my love of WoW, and now I swear by it just like most folks swear by the Auctioneer mods or SpamSentry (Both of which I also use, BTW.)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » 2.0 update?