08-11-06, 01:43 AM   #1
ckknight
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
FuBar 2.0

Hey all, ckknight here.

Just released FuBar 2.0 to WoWI.

FuBar-1.2 plugins will be supported through a compatibility package that will ship with FuBar-2.0. FuBar-1.0 plugins will not be supported.

FuBar-2.0 will not require Ace, as it will have Ace2 embedded. (Note: I am also a main author of Ace2)

FuBar-2.0 will not have as many included libraries, as it should be up to the plugins themselves to include them (e.g. Tablet-2.0).

FuBar-2.0 on SVN: http://svn.wowace.com/root/trunk/FuBar/
FuBar-1.2-compat on SVN: http://svn.wowace.com/root/trunk/FuBar-1.2-compat/
FuBarPlugin-2.0 on SVN: http://svn.wowace.com/root/trunk/FuBarPlugin-2.0/

FuBarPlugin-2.0 documentation: http://wiki.wowace.com/index.php/FuBarPlugin-2.0

Profile issues are fixed and work awesomely. Note: plugin profile switching only works if they use FuBarPlugin-2.0, FuBarPlugin-1.2's profiles will remain stagnant, except by manually changing them through /ace profile ...

The Ace community now has a unified bug tracker at http://www.wowace.com/flyspray/ . Feel free to use it to file bugs/feature requests for FuBar and other Ace addons. I do pay attention to it.

Also, if you ever want to contact me, I can be reached at #wowace on irc.freenode.net

Changelog from 1.2 to 2.0:
New structure, now uses Ace2 instead of Ace 1.3. (note: I co-authored Ace2 with the rest of the wowace team)
Many bugfixes.
Stability increases.
Possibility of more monkey-related happenings.
Removal of all unneeded libraries (these should be included in the addons proper).
FuBar 1.2 plugins are supported by a compatibility package now.
Optimizations.
08-11-06, 02:11 AM   #2
Kahoona
A Fallenroot Satyr
Keep up the good work ckk!
08-14-06, 09:43 AM   #3
Kosh
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
One thing I've noticed as a first-time user of Fubar:

I downloaded the 2.0 package, and the "starter pack" to get started familiarizing myself with FuBar. I installed and fired up WOW, logged into my main toon (60 Shammy). I get the FuBar panels on the top and bottom (no other mods installed but the FuBar core and the "starter pack"). However, none of the plugins are showing.

Right-clicking on the panels gives me the menus, like I'm guessing is normal . But no options to show the various plugins. So, I back out and check the "ADDONS" area at the character selection screen.

All the plugins have dependecies missing. ACE and FuBar (Wha...? )

So, even though the FuBar 2.0 uses (and includes) Ace2, I have to have the old version of Ace (1.3.1) installed as well (which I just installed and it fixed the dependency issue)?? This seems nedlessly bloated, as the plugins were marked "FuBar 2.0" compatible.

[edit] And now, after installing Ace 1.3.1, the plugins just give an error and refuse to load.
Interface\AddOns\FuBar_BagFu\BagFU.lua:1:attempt to index global `CompostLib' (a nil value)

The chat box gives an error that each FuBar plugin has an error loading the LoadOnDemand plugin. [/edit]

Last edited by Kosh : 08-14-06 at 09:59 AM.
08-14-06, 12:50 PM   #4
avngr
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Since you didn't mention it, make sure you've got the FuBar1.2-compat package installed as well. That starter pack has not been updated to 2.0 yet that I know of.

I think I know why you think it has, but it hasn't. The note at the top of a plug-in's page where it says "This is a FuBar 2.0 addon..." is sort of a quirk of this site and perhaps the author's choice of renaming vs. only version number updating. The author changed the title of FuBar to FuBar 2.0 but since all the old addons are linked as addons to that mod the site shows them as being an addon for <whatever the title is>. That happens to be "FuBar 2.0" at this point. That does make it confusing.

Also, the reason for the "needless bloat" is that the plug-ins (generally) have not yet made the leap to 2.0. You're entering the FuBar game during a transition period. Once more/most have been updated to be 2.0 plug-ins, that won't be the case. 2.0 was only released a few days ago.

Last edited by avngr : 08-14-06 at 12:53 PM.
08-14-06, 01:26 PM   #5
Kosh
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
*nods* I've discovered that the "This addon is for FuBar 2.0" at the top of the pages is wrong and misleading. So, right now, I have FuBar 2.0 and VolumeFu 2.0 installed. Hoping to see more plugins converted to 2.0

However, new issue... LOL I'll do a search for it, then see what I can find.
08-14-06, 01:29 PM   #6
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Is the issue with skins resolved? I use futextures from the svn and I added my own skins to it, but when I use the menu to change skins I get errors.
08-14-06, 02:04 PM   #7
Kosh
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
[edit] Found the bug-submit forum. will go over there. [/edit]

Last edited by Kosh : 08-14-06 at 02:13 PM.
08-14-06, 04:45 PM   #8
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I removed my 1.0 addons and I tried upgrading to the latest version of 2.0 and got this error:

Error: Interface\AddOns\FuBar\FuBar_Panel.lua:110: AceOO-2.0: Improper self passed to init. You must do MyClass.super.prototype.init(self, ...)

Edit: I get this error with no fubar plugins installed as well.
08-15-06, 01:14 AM   #9
Jayhawk
Premium Member

FuBar-2.0 will not have as many included libraries, as it should be up to the plugins themselves to include them (e.g. Tablet-2.0).
Are you sure this is a good idea? Afterall if you have 12 plugins using the tablet lib, you'll have 12 copies of the tablet lib floating around (bloating) your Addons folder.

PS. Is there a spot which tells me (in simple phrases ) how to upgrade my add-on to FuBar 2.0?
08-16-06, 03:33 AM   #10
Bullvark
A Kobold Labourer
Hi,

I'm new to Fubar and i want to replace my Titan Bar, but i've got the same problem as Kosh:

I just copied the fubar version 2.0 (which includes FuBar-compat-1.2) to my Addons folder and installed the starter pack.

In the WoW - Addons section the various Fubar Plugins only show that the are missing a dependency.

Do I have to install something else to get the older plugins working (I tought that for this reason the Fubar-compat-1.2 folder is included) or do I have to change something?

best regards

Bullvark

PS. I just downgraded to Titan again
08-16-06, 05:18 AM   #11
xabbott
A Murloc Raider
I also get Interface\AddOns\FuBar\FuBar_Panel.lua:110: AceOO-2.0: Improper self passed to init. You must do MyClass.super.prototype.init(self, ...)

I've messed with all kinds of varibles. And this is someone who goes to the svn to get different ace/ace2 mods.

Maybe this should have been put off until a starter pack was ready. >.<
08-16-06, 07:47 AM   #12
Kyahx
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Jayhawk
Are you sure this is a good idea? Afterall if you have 12 plugins using the tablet lib, you'll have 12 copies of the tablet lib floating around (bloating) your Addons folder.

PS. Is there a spot which tells me (in simple phrases ) how to upgrade my add-on to FuBar 2.0?
Just beucase there are 12 version in your addons folder, dosen't mean thet all get loaded. The newest compatible version of whatever library is needed is the only one that remains in memory after the game is all fired up.

Basically, the first one will load, the next one will check "Am I newer than the currently loaded version?", if not bail out and move on, so when all is said and done only ONE copy of each library is left in memory. Ace2 (and embeded librarys in general) lets mods have all the convinet things about no dependencies, without all the bloat that comes with it

Anyone worried about duplicate librarys or memory concerns with FuBar 2.0 (or any Ace2 addon) can read this excellent explenation here:
http://wiki.wowace.com/index.php/Ace2_Memory_Concerns

Also, for information about developing FuBar 2.0 plugins, you find a basica example along with the API documentation here:
http://wiki.wowace.com/index.php/FuBarPlugin-2.0
08-19-06, 02:36 AM   #13
Jayhawk
Premium Member

Just beucase there are 12 version in your addons folder, dosen't mean thet all get loaded.
Ah, I wasn't really worried about that bit. I was more thinking of hard disk/zip file bloat.

Thanks! for the link to the 2.0 info
08-19-06, 02:56 AM   #14
Alakaste
A Defias Bandit
Addon Template for Fu Developers

Might I suggest a template for what is necessary for addons to work with FuBar 2.0 be posted for those developers who want to write new or fix their 1.0 addons?

This would resolve a lot of problems and also give us the ability to fix some of them no longer in development.
08-19-06, 01:09 PM   #15
Foxxen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I have no problems with FuBar 2.0 except several addons for FuBar are not compatible with 2.0. I'm just hoping to see a lot of updates soon on the addons for FuBar 2.0 to start showing up. Especially for Factions, which is the one right now I miss the most. All of my main ones seem to be working except for that one and a few others.
08-19-06, 01:12 PM   #16
Elkano
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Well, FactionsFu (along with FriendsFu and GuildFu) was released yesterday ^^ -> http://www.wowinterface.com/download...php?s=&id=5252
08-19-06, 02:48 PM   #17
Kemayo
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Jayhawk

Upgrading a FuBar 1.2 plugin to FuBar 2.0:
(I'll try to use the naming conventions from ExampleFu.)
Useful link: Ace2 Documentation (read the API sections)

1. Change the addon creation from (e.g.):
Code:
AddonFu = FuBarPlugin:GetInstance("1.2"):new({
Code:
AddonFu = AceLibrary("AceAddon-2.0"):new("AceEvent-2.0", "AceHook-2.0", "AceConsole-2.0", "AceDB-2.0", "FuBarPlugin-2.0")
(The exact blend of mixins you need may differ. Check the Ace2 docs.)

2. Instead of:
Code:
AddonFu.db = Acedatabase:new("AddonFuDB")
do:
Code:
AddonFu:RegisterDB("AddonFuDB")
3. Instead of:
Code:
AddonFu.defaults = {}
do:
Code:
AddonFu:RegisterDefaults('profile', {})
And then replace anywhere which uses 'self.data' with 'self.db.profile'. (Check the AceDB-2.0 API for more details here.)

4. Instead of:
Code:
AddonFu.cmd = AceChatCmd:new(AddonFuLocals.COMMANDS, AddonFuLocals.CMD_OPTIONS)
do:
Code:
AddonFu:RegisterChatCommand({'/addonfu',}, optionsTable)
(You'll need to convert your old options list into an AceOptions data table (and add the following to the top level:
Code:
handler = AddonFu
).)

5. Instead of:
Code:
AddonFu:MenuSettings(level, value)
end
do:
Code:
AddonFu.OnMenuRequest = optionsTable
(Where optionsTable is the same table as you used for RegisterChatCommand.)

6. Name, description, author, email, website, version, and date fields will be picked up automatically from the TOC, so you can drop them if you want.

7. Rename: Initialize to OnInitialize, Enable to OnEnable, Disable to OnDisable, UpdateData to OnDataUpdate, UpdateText to OnTextUpdate, UpdateTooltip to OnTooltipUpdate.

8. Remove: AddonFu:RegisterForLoad()

9. Add the new libraries to your addon directory and your TOC. (I keep them in a 'lib' directory in my addons, so the examples assume that.)
You'll need at least FuBarPlugin-2.0, and maybe more depending on what your addon does. For FuBarPlugin, add the following:
Code:
lib\FuBarPlugin-2.0\FuBarPlugin-2.0.lua
08-22-06, 11:07 PM   #18
Jayhawk
Premium Member

Kemayo, you're a treasure.

It's definitely not all clear, though...I'm having dynamically made menus, and for the life of me I can't see how to do that with an options table.
08-23-06, 05:01 AM   #19
Lichbane
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

No Ace?

I've only recently loaded FuBar to replace my aging TitanBar. All was going well, except I noticed I needecto reload my UI each time I loaded a profile .... . And then I noticed that ACE wasn't needed because it had ACE2 built in. I still had ace as a leftover from some old mods. So I removed it and ...

... then virtually none of my plug-ins worked.

The errors below don't account for the 10-12 plug-ins that didn't load or didn't appear on the menu, but this is what !ImprovedErrorFrame gave me:

Count: 1
Error: ...e\AddOns\Fubar_FishingBuddyFu\FuBar_FishingBuddy.lua:20: attempt to index global `FuBarUtils' (a nil value)
--------------------------------------------------
Error: Interface\AddOns\MetaMap\MetaMap.lua:3230: attempt to index global `TabletLib' (a nil value)
Error: ...rface\AddOns\FuBar_OutfitterFu\OutfitterFuLocals.lua:3: attempt to index global `ace' (a nil value)
Error: Interface\AddOns\FuBar_OutfitterFu\OutfitterFu.lua:3: attempt to index global `TabletLib' (a nil value)
Error: Interface\AddOns\FuBar_QuestsFu\QuestsFuLocals.lua:3: attempt to index global `ace' (a nil value)
Count: 2
Error: Interface\AddOns\FuBar_QuestsFu\QuestsFu.lua:440: attempt to index field `loc' (a nil value)

So I've loaded up Ace again and all is well.

Any ideas?

EDIT: BTW, I do love FuBar. Much nicer than Titan.
08-23-06, 05:21 AM   #20
Aielman
A Defias Bandit
Same issue as the others. No Ace 1.3, no plugins.

peace,
Aielman

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » FuBar 2.0