04-30-09, 01:10 AM   #981
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Torhal View Post
Eh, don't feed the trolls. He used the same tactics on the o.forums a couple of weeks ago, once again on a topic he started, while simultaneously avoiding answering questions himself and calling those who asked them trolls.
But he said...! And it was so...! Bah... You're right. -_- /forfeit

Originally Posted by Tekkub View Post
For all you know I could well be a dirty ass pirate.
Please, say it's so, give me your e-mail addy, and we'll start exchanging pics.

o.O

04-30-09, 01:12 AM   #982
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You're obviously new here...
04-30-09, 01:14 AM   #983
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

You're obviously new here...
Which gave it away: the Fallenroot Satyr title or the fact that I'm openly hitting on you for the sake of it?

EDIT: I'm an Aku'mai Servant now. OMG!!

04-30-09, 01:15 AM   #984
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

http://www.bear411.com/tekkub (by demand of the evil overlord, this link is NSFP)

There's your answer ^^

Last edited by Tekkub : 04-30-09 at 01:19 AM.
04-30-09, 01:18 AM   #985
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

http://www.bear411.com/tekkub

There's your answer ^^
My hero. /keep

04-30-09, 01:18 AM   #986
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

At this point, I think it's safe to say that WoWI has replaced Craigslist.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
04-30-09, 01:21 AM   #987
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Torhal View Post
At this point, I think it's safe to say that WoWI has replaced Craigslist.
I certianly hope so. There are some hella-creeps on Craig's List. Besides, where else am I going to find s*x-crazed maniacs who like gaming as much as I do?

04-30-09, 01:22 AM   #988
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
(by demand of the evil overlord, this link is NSFP)
04-30-09, 01:24 AM   #989
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Incidently, I think it's time to close the thread. The most important thing that's going on is me getting hooked up with Tekkub, and as awesome as that is, I'm fairly certain that means this thread has run its full course. (Have I just made the implication that a thread is done when Tekkub and I hook up?)

04-30-09, 01:27 AM   #990
Scalebane
A Fallenroot Satyr

Things got a bit weird in here...-Slithers back under his rock-
04-30-09, 01:27 AM   #991
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

Thread's not done till you're at my door with at least one bear.

Originally Posted by Scalebane View Post
Things got a bit weird in here...-Slithers back under his rock-
See? it's better to scare away trolls than ban them, then you know they're not coming back.
04-30-09, 01:33 AM   #992
Scalebane
A Fallenroot Satyr

I'z not'z trollinz? (boxxy)

>.>

okay now i am =P

Anyways...as you were and all that...-pretends to do his job again instead of forum surfing-
04-30-09, 01:33 AM   #993
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Thread's not done till you're at my door with at least one bear.
Does it count if I show up with my shirt off? I'm decently bear-ish. (Lord knows I'm not a twink. I don't have the gear for it, and this thread is leveling me too quickly.)

See? it's better to scare away trolls than ban them, then you know they're not coming back.
Let's hope!

04-30-09, 01:35 AM   #994
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Scalebane View Post
I'z not'z trollinz? (boxxy)
Acceptable losses?

Originally Posted by us2006027321 View Post
(Lord knows I'm not a twink. I don't have the gear for it, and this thread is leveling me too quickly.)

I have to turn my monitor this way now...
04-30-09, 01:37 AM   #995
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

I have to turn my monitor this way now...
/bashful /wink

04-30-09, 02:01 AM   #996
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Jalandar View Post
TOS are not laws, and do not carry a force of law. If I violate a TOS, your sole relief is to sanction me within your technical means regarding my use of your service.
That's where you're wrong. Terms of Service once written and in view and/or easily accessible to visitors. users, clients etcetera, is a legal binding contract as soon as you begin using that service weather you read the ToS or not.

Last edited by Petrah : 04-30-09 at 02:17 AM. Reason: spelling
04-30-09, 02:21 AM   #997
schmittyd
A Kobold Labourer
Exclamation Don't be fooled!

Hi All,

I would like to start by saying I am a WM user and was very annoyed to find out that Curse and WI blocked WM from downloading. My view on the decision is that in no way was it to protect authors, it was purely a financial motivation. Curse and WI were unhappy that people were using WM to download addons, and not visit their sites which generate revenue by the advertisements appearing on the sites.

Furthermore, the complaints that surfaced from Curse and WI that WM did not provide links to the home pages of the mods and donation links was a complete load of crap, if both parties had taken the time to use WM they would have found that by simply by looking in the details pane or right clicking a mod that the menu gives options to 'Visit Official Web Page' or 'Make a Donation' which take the user to the proper web site, whether it be WM, WI, Curse, Wowace or any other web site.

From many posts I have read complaining about the decision most people including myself do actually visit the official web pages to read up on changes or post feedback/bug reports.

The argument put forward about protecting authors is also misleading, considering that most, if not all mods are provided by a GPL or similar open source licence which generally allow free and open distribution, so here is a warning to Curse and WI - be very careful with your false pander, you are actually breaking the terms of the open source licences by disallowing distribution by third parties. WM, authors and users have the legal right to file class action lawsuits against Curse and WI, which would result in severe financial losses so please reconsider your decision as who will you be helping if you have to close due to your own greed and misconceptions.
04-30-09, 02:22 AM   #998
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

http://www.bear411.com/tekkub (by demand of the evil overlord, this link is NSFP)

There's your answer ^^
O_O.

I thought you were a hot girl.

Thanks for destroying my dreams
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
04-30-09, 02:27 AM   #999
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

Originally Posted by Jalandar View Post
TOS are not laws, and do not carry a force of law. If I violate a TOS, your sole relief is to sanction me within your technical means regarding my use of your service.
Um yes they do dood.

There's this show in NZ called "Fair Go"

It's a show where people submitt cases where they have been ripped off or given the go around.

Standard practice for this show is to go an consult the experts , the lawyers and what ever regulatory bodies necessary to see if they can get people better deals.

Whenever "Terms and Conditions" have come up they've said , after consultion with a lawyer that they can legally uphold them. On multiple cases. TOS = EULA = Terms and Conditions (sort of).

And mr Us some funny string of numbers man ...We still haven't heard wowmatrix's response to you .....
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
04-30-09, 02:35 AM   #1000
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Wow. So much misinformation. To say that the users have a right to file a class-action lawsuit for a completely free-to-use service is so full of fail I'm going to stop typing right now and proceed to shake my head and move on.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » WoWInterface and Curse working together to help protect authors and other site-users