02-07-05, 04:16 PM   #41
aaronsullivan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
One question answered

Well, I figured out how to get the second line of info from an npc.

You use the GetTooltipText2:something or other. (Don't have the code in front of me) Basically you can't get it from the target info any way I know of, but you CAN get it from the current tooltip text. Generally, the last tooltip someone is going to get before clicking on a target is going to be the tooltip for the target itself, so it's easy to match up the info.

Anyway, it's just what I needed. I can give more details if anyone is interested.

I still don't have a way to get a target's position, but I've noticed that AddOn's you might expect would get a target's position use the player's position instead, which is the method I'm already using.

Still, if anyone knows of a way, I'm interested. Seems like a harmless hook for Blizzard to add.
02-07-05, 05:32 PM   #42
Cide
Swedeheart
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
They removed that because of TargetDistance mods, aaronsullivan. If you want to check if the npc you're interacting with is the same NPC as the player you just hovered over, use:

Code:
if ( UnitIsUnit("npc", "mouseover") ) then
02-07-05, 05:46 PM   #43
aaronsullivan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks, I didn't know about that issue with the distances. That's a bummer. How exactly was the target distance mod exploitive?

Still, it's good to know that it won't be coming, so I'll just go without it.

No problems with the tooltip and target data being connected.

Thanks again for the response.
11-16-06, 03:25 PM   #44
Txzeenath
A Defias Bandit
I was curious as to if there is a way to open the trainer UI via a script of some sort. I want to make a custom way to open the trainer window, but I can't seem to find how to open it. I've tried opening the UI itself, but it doesn't retrieve the listing of skills.

(the trainers i'm referring to are class trainers)

Last edited by Txzeenath : 11-16-06 at 04:20 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Script Possibilities