10-16-10, 08:35 AM   #1
Vox inna box
A Murloc Raider
Tried to donate....

But the donate button takes me to a generic paypal page even if I'm logged into paypal. Shouldn't it be sending me to a page with the "receiver" (carbonite) already set as the receiver?

10-16-10, 11:23 AM   #2
OldHarry
Premium Member
Premium Member
I had no problem.

10-16-10, 11:45 AM   #3
harmburger
A Kobold Labourer
No issues

No issues fro me either
Oct 16, 2010 Payment To Carbon Based Creations, LLC Completed

10-16-10, 12:08 PM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I tried it the other day and I got the generic pay with credit card screen.

I just tried it and since I had logged into a PayPal account 2 days ago, it is now showing a page asking if I want to "Pay with my PayPal account" and expandable block below that to "Pay with a debit or credit card".

Try logging out of PayPal and then use the donate button.

10-17-10, 09:44 AM   #5
Vox inna box
A Murloc Raider
Ok, I had script blocker on . All good.

10-17-10, 12:45 PM   #6
Zareena
A Defias Bandit
Thumbs up Where do I click to donate?

Sorry having difficulty seeing where to donate option. I thank you guys for creating the beta update for Cata. I have been using you for a while but didnt realize honestly that you couldn't charge for the service you provide due to Blizzard restrictions. I thought you had some type of agreement but after viewing the posts the last few days I learned alot.

Thank you for the service you provide. There is nothing even close to you available anywhere else. Many stated we would use somthing else, but frankly there is nothing out like Carbonite period. I think if anything users like me need to realize you provide a valuable service and your hard work should be supported and compensated. I for one would like to do my part and contribute to your continued success! =)

Now Im struggling like everyone through this crazy economy but I would like to know a real monthly figure to help support you guys. Please post this and make it available so others can get an idea. As soon as I find out where to donate it would be my pleasure to support your wonderful team the best I can.

Take Care and Thanks alot for your continued work! <3 Zar =)

10-17-10, 02:20 PM   #7
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Vox inna box View Post
Ok, I had script blocker on . All good.
I aggressively use NoScript myself. No worries!

10-17-10, 02:33 PM   #8
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Zareena View Post
Sorry having difficulty seeing where to donate option.
On the Carbonite website download page here:
http://www.carboniteaddon.com/download.shtml

Originally Posted by Zareena View Post
Now Im struggling like everyone through this crazy economy but I would like to know a real monthly figure to help support you guys. Please post this and make it available so others can get an idea. As soon as I find out where to donate it would be my pleasure to support your wonderful team the best I can.
We we doing fine on our $15 a year plan before, but every user was paying.
If every user gave us $20 a year, I would be thrilled, but now you have probably a majority paying nothing and the kind minority paying anything from $5 once to $50 a few times a year. It really is your choice.

10-20-10, 08:43 AM   #9
Zareena
A Defias Bandit
Contribution to a great addon!

Thanks for the info. I went ahead and made the $20 contribution. It is a great addon one which I enjoy and makes my gaming experience in WOW that more fun.

Thank you again for all your hard work. Again I urge you to post this on your main page so others know a real figure and how it is used to support this wonderful addon.

Take Care!
Zar

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Tried to donate....