09-26-11, 08:49 AM   #21
Othgar
"That" Guy

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by RazorClaw99 View Post
I am wondering if there is an addon that has both a threat meter as well as a DPS meter.
Skada has a built in threat module, and there is a plug-in available for recount for threat as well.

09-26-11, 09:19 AM   #22
RazorClaw99
Banned
Originally Posted by Othgar View Post
Skada has a built in threat module, and there is a plug-in available for recount for threat as well.
I don't want a recount dps I want a meter to see how my gearing and rotation stacks up.

09-27-11, 09:07 AM   #23
Taryble
A Molten Giant

You asked for a "DPS Meter" that is also a "Threat Meter".

Recount is, at it's heart, a "Damage Meter". You can add the RecountThreat addon to it, so that Recount tracks everything it normally does - and also makes it a "Threat Meter"

Skada is a "Damage Meter" with a built in "Threat Meter".

They have minor differences, but both of them will allow you to see the changes to your DPS if you change up your gear or rotation. In fact, this is a very common use for these addons.

Skada's threat meter is built in. Recount requires you to also install RecountThreat for it to act as a threat meter.

09-27-11, 10:19 AM   #24
RazorClaw99
Banned
Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
You asked for a "DPS Meter" that is also a "Threat Meter".

Recount is, at it's heart, a "Damage Meter". You can add the RecountThreat addon to it, so that Recount tracks everything it normally does - and also makes it a "Threat Meter"

Skada is a "Damage Meter" with a built in "Threat Meter".

They have minor differences, but both of them will allow you to see the changes to your DPS if you change up your gear or rotation. In fact, this is a very common use for these addons.

Skada's threat meter is built in. Recount requires you to also install RecountThreat for it to act as a threat meter.

I want an actual meter "meter" so I don't have to use chat to look at my DPS.

09-27-11, 12:00 PM   #25
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Recount is a visual meter. The chat postings of Recount are a feature of it.

"The truth is like sunlight: people used to think it was good for you."

09-27-11, 12:07 PM   #26
RazorClaw99
Banned
Originally Posted by Decabah View Post
Recount is a visual meter. The chat postings of Recount are a feature of it.
if I want a DPS recount addon I would said so but I want it in a meter/widowed form to see it visually without needing to go into guild chat, party chat or raid chat to see a dps chart of my work. If this not the case could some work on something like is to add to a addon like omen threat meter?

09-27-11, 12:13 PM   #27
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I'm really confused. Recount is a visual meter in a windowed/paneled form. It has nothing to do with needing to read chat unless someone posts the results of the fight afterward.

Those are the panels that appear on your screen.

Sounds exactly like what you want to me.

09-27-11, 12:25 PM   #28
RazorClaw99
Banned
I'm really confused. Recount is a visual meter in a windowed/paneled form. It has nothing to do with needing to read chat unless someone posts the results of the fight afterward.

Those are the panels that appear on your screen.

Sounds exactly like what you want to me.
it is but ppl can't explain themselves out of a wet paper bag it's hard to understand, use screenshots, or link the addon to me cause teh creator should have a better descirption for it, and would this one have a thread meter build-in as well?

09-27-11, 01:18 PM   #29
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Someone already explained up there^ that you have to install the threat module to go along with it. Google Recount. It's literally the first result, and has a long and exact description/explanation of what it is.

09-27-11, 01:51 PM   #30
RazorClaw99
Banned
Someone already explained up there^ that you have to install the threat module to go along with it. Google Recount. It's literally the first result, and has a long and exact description/explanation of what it is.
w/e I was hoping to have the 2 compined into one file so it would take up less HDD space but I guess ppl don't try to manage there HDD as well as I do.

09-27-11, 01:54 PM   #31
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Do you want help or do you just want to be rude to people who try to help you? Because so far in this thread, all I've seen is the latter. Good luck on your search for whatever it is you seem to be after, even though the answer to your question was already provided for you.

Last edited by Moxie : 09-27-11 at 01:57 PM.

09-27-11, 02:13 PM   #32
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Take a look at Skada. It may take a bit of sorting out but it allows you to set up multiple windows to show what you want whether, threat, damage, dps, healing etc.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...mageMeter.html

It has 5 screenshots showing some of the information available.

Download it, find a test dummy and see if it suits the bill.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

09-27-11, 04:49 PM   #33
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

It's hard to help someone that has preconceived notions (regarding just about anything) of how things do or don't work without any firsthand experience. If that weren't bad enough, you act as if everyone is here to serve you. What makes you think someone is going to create an addon just to cater to your needs and wants?

Originally Posted by RazorClaw99 View Post
w/e I was hoping to have the 2 compined into one file so it would take up less HDD space but I guess ppl don't try to manage there HDD as well as I do.
As for your concerns about saving hard drive space and making sure files aren't fragmented—that is nothing but OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder). Typically, only large files become fragmented and that just isn't likely with WoW addons. The file sizes of these addons are quite small and it is simply irrational to be concerned about the hard drive space they are occupying.

09-27-11, 08:00 PM   #34
RazorClaw99
Banned
Do you want help or do you just want to be rude to people who try to help you? Because so far in this thread, all I've seen is the latter. Good luck on your search for whatever it is you seem to be after, even though the answer to your question was already provided for you.
wow someone who has been knock for there work one to many times.

09-27-11, 08:03 PM   #35
RazorClaw99
Banned
Originally Posted by ForeverTheGM View Post
It's hard to help someone that has preconceived notions (regarding just about anything) of how things do or don't work without any firsthand experience. If that weren't bad enough, you act as if everyone is here to serve you. What makes you think someone is going to create an addon just to cater to your needs and wants?

As for your concerns about saving hard drive space and making sure files aren't fragmented—that is nothing but OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder). Typically, only large files become fragmented and that just isn't likely with WoW addons. The file sizes of these addons are quite small and it is simply irrational to be concerned about the hard drive space they are occupying.
wow someone who takes things way out of context learn to not take everything so seriously, I just ask a simple question and I am trying to manage my HDD to the best of my ability.

09-27-11, 08:03 PM   #36
RazorClaw99
Banned
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Take a look at Skada. It may take a bit of sorting out but it allows you to set up multiple windows to show what you want whether, threat, damage, dps, healing etc.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...mageMeter.html

It has 5 screenshots showing some of the information available.

Download it, find a test dummy and see if it suits the bill.
I will thanks for being the only one nice here today.

09-27-11, 08:15 PM   #37
RazorClaw99
Banned
this is what I was looking for "Skada is entirely modular; the modes listed below are all separate addons. Only the modes you load adds to the memory and CPU cycles used." I am a comp techy who is trying to reduce all the lag on my system so I can pin it to ISP or Blizzard for lag issues so I can contact the right ppl to work on it to fix it up. If u couldn't figure that out stop programming ur whole life and get out more with ppl.

09-27-11, 09:00 PM   #38
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
That's enough. You were being rude. These people are taking their free time to help you and offer suggestions. I am so proud that this community is as helpful and friendly as it is. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. And don't make more rude comments when people are offended at your behavior.

Welcome to the forums. I hope that you choose to come back. But, next time, please have a little respect for those that you ask for help.

And, please, read through our forum/site rules before posting again: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...84&postcount=2
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-28-11, 08:34 AM   #39
RazorClaw99
Banned
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
That's enough. You were being rude. These people are taking their free time to help you and offer suggestions. I am so proud that this community is as helpful and friendly as it is. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. And don't make more rude comments when people are offended at your behavior.

Welcome to the forums. I hope that you choose to come back. But, next time, please have a little respect for those that you ask for help.

And, please, read through our forum/site rules before posting again: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...84&postcount=2
it would help other members to say "downloading only one addon" not modules and I have an issue about seeing if there is another addon that may have the functionality I want thanks to the other 2 who had some bad blood towards me.

09-28-11, 09:28 AM   #40
humfras
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
This thread is great is pure madness/fun. I do not want to offend anybody but this are my thoughts:

First, RazorClaw99 asked for
"[...] an addon that has both a threat meter as well as a DPS meter"

After he has been given an answer of two of the most used AddOns, he assumes that they both are only textual.

Ok, very smart to say that an AddOn is lacking a feature the AddOn (in fact) is based of if you have no conception and did not take a single look at it.
Try a research first next time before repeate yourself, being foolish and rude to others.

eg: 10 posts after Othgar's suggestions, you say thanks to
Xrystal posting a link to Skada (with a nice description, I have to say!).
It shows that you have not take a minute to search and look for the given answers but relied on your wrong evaluation of them.

There is no big difference between the 'Module' system Skada has and the Recount plugin regarding 'disk space'.
Skada needs 2.5 MB of disc space, Recoutn needs 1.6 MB
Regarding the fact that WoW needs about 30 GB of disc space, your argument seems valid
You should be more worried about CPU usage than disc or RAM usage of an AddOn.

"If u couldn't figure that out stop programming ur whole life and get out more with ppl."
Also you claim yourself as "a comp techy", I ask myself if you have any experience in programming a script/application that has more than 500 lines of code or is done by dozens of contributors.

I am glad you get what you were looking for.
Thanks to the nice and constructive people.
And thanks for the lolz!

Last edited by humfras : 09-28-11 at 09:32 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking for Name's of Addons I can Discribe