04-22-11, 01:02 PM   #1
eqsanctum
The Great Equalizer

Premium Member
To the WoWInterface Web Team

I posted a thread once giving a big thanks to the team for doing what they do and being full of awesomeness. I've been a member of the interface sites since 2003 and am a big supporter of their efforts. I believe they do something wonderful and should be recognized for it daily. On that note....

So i go to log in one day and VB kicks me to the HEY YOU NEWB WRONG PASSWORD page. I'm like eh? I try again. Nothing. 5 Attempts, locked out. I send in a thing via ZAM and get a typical response ( which I would give if it were me ) you know... "Did you push the power button on your computer Sir to make sure it was on?" I'm like ya, and so on going through the motions. Nada.

Work comes that week and I'm frustrated. I just renewed my all powerful ZAM membership and thinkin' hmmpf they probably don't even care about me. They got my money now what.

Just in case I check all the other sites. Guess what? They work fine. I'm like hmmm.

So I send in a help thing again. This time, I get this multi paged response. Basically it's the entire Interface team talking in emails about my account asking what's wrong with it to each other. Mind you, I didn't spam them with inquiries, but because of the unique situation of my account I had to explain not only my user name, but intimate details of my account. ( newb on my part ) I had used an old email address and never updated it. /blush

First, these guys are awesome they had every detail thought of and were trying to find a solution. My Frustration went right out the window and I actually turned to my GF that night said "Hey, these guys are pretty freakin awesome!" she said "Yeah whatever when are you turning that game off and spending time with me..." anyhow back to the subject at hand..

Second, they asked me clear concise no nonsense questions and I was able to give feedback and we all figured it out. I had a bug specific to my user account.

In my opinion this particular situation would have never been figured out by "normal" administrators. Those normal people don't give a crap. The Interface team does. I just wanted to make sure everybody knew, the ZAM network is run by really good people that care about your gaming experiences. /muchlove /salute /cheer

Last edited by eqsanctum : 04-22-11 at 01:06 PM.
04-22-11, 02:14 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
/hug eqsanctum

Thanks!
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-22-11, 03:27 PM   #3
Ither
A Firelord

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I just harass Cai and Dolby when my awesomeness doesn't work.

I'm sure C will be smacking me a few times at BlizzCon this year for being the worlds worst Tool on this site.

*GRIN*

I love these guys! and girls!
04-22-11, 03:28 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Thanks eqsanctum. We were just as frustrated as you were, trying to figure out what was going on that was causing your problem. It was a sneaky slippery little bug, took [what seemed like] forever to finally pin it down.

I said it in the final email and I'll say it again here: Thank YOU for being so patient with us as we worked to track it down and get it fixed.
04-22-11, 03:43 PM   #5
Crissa
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Oh, eqsanctum/shadowfox, you have a really cool logo in your signature... Where's it from?

-Crissa
04-24-11, 05:46 AM   #6
eqsanctum
The Great Equalizer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
Oh, eqsanctum/shadowfox, you have a really cool logo in your signature... Where's it from?

-Crissa
I made it using a custom made font. The background is Blizz. The Shadowfox where the world was is me. Those are shots of Two of my characters. Shadowfox, and Montague. The font itself technically doesn't exist its a load of .png's

As far as the "logo" ( the world replacement and my avatar ) that's my shadowfox. I own Shadowfox Productions a private music and dj entertainment company that's been around for 22 Years. I am an avid drawer and artist imo ( though sometimes Ive ben told my work sucks ). I've Had that logo trademarked now for 26 years.

Last edited by eqsanctum : 04-24-11 at 05:50 AM.
04-24-11, 06:42 AM   #7
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

eqsanctum...

Hunted these down for you.

http://www.dafont.com/lifecraft.font

And to decorate it, check out this Photoshop tutorial on Deviant Art.

04-24-11, 09:18 AM   #8
Aprikot
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
eqsanctum...

Hunted these down for you.

http://www.dafont.com/lifecraft.font

And to decorate it, check out this Photoshop tutorial on Deviant Art.

^This made my day, ty!
04-24-11, 08:26 PM   #9
Crissa
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I hadn't thought it would be self-made, but that's pretty cool that you did it the hard way.

-Crissa
05-03-11, 11:37 AM   #10
Schattens
A Murloc Raider

I agree with you just from mainly lurking around the forums (continues to hide in a secret corner throwing his voice).

I have been on several forums and I really haven't seen interaction and mad modding like this.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » To the WoWInterface Web Team