07-02-11, 10:45 PM   #1
litesung
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

"Uptime" addon

Is there an addon that records how long you have been logged online since login of character (entering game world)?

I also saw something on someone's rainmeter desktop that had this and it said
"your computer has been online for X days X hours and X minutes, are you ready for a break?" but I couldn't really find that plugin. It gave me an idea to see if anyone would be able to make this addon for WoW.

Also, does anyone know where I can find rainmeter skins that provide this feature?
07-02-11, 11:09 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Broker Leveltime Please read the description.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
07-03-11, 09:56 AM   #3
litesung
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

A good start, but not what I was looking for.

The addon features would probably be to begin a start timer within 10 seconds of entering player world. From then onwards to any point in time, the player may be able to enter a specific code, for example "/online" or "/uptime" or "/ut" or "/on". Then the addon would be able to print out the current status onto chat, or raid warning.

Other possible features include an on-screen timer that can be skinned and toggled with a keybind.

I know this addon is not available yet, but do you think it's possible? I am willing to make it myself, but I am going to need help because it'll be my first code x)
07-03-11, 10:19 AM   #4
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I know there was FuBar_LoginTimerFu in 2008, you could check it's source code for a head start,

and maybe there is a LibDataBroker counterpart of it somewhere
07-03-11, 10:20 AM   #5
litesung
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Fast response! I don't know how long it'll take me to attempt this, but I hope I can just finish it, and make it a lightweight minimalist addon, with no dependencies.

Maybe I can even add a filter chat addon, that'll allow you to select which channels to filter out Sounds very fun.

Last edited by litesung : 07-03-11 at 11:33 AM.
07-03-11, 11:47 AM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Try this one: nanoPlayed

It's not exactly up up date, but it still works flawlessly and all it does is give you the length of the currently played session in a tool tip. Of course, you'll need a data broker display to use it, but perhaps the author would permit you to use some of the code as a base for your addon.

I apologize for posting the first addon, but simply couldn't remember the name of the one I used for that exact same thing. So, I started going through my AddOns folder, and when I ran across that one my brain said "AHHA!! That's the one.", but I was, obviously, wrong. It kept bothering me and when I started WoW today I looked down my addons list, and there it was. Sorry.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 07-03-11 at 11:55 AM.
07-03-11, 12:03 PM   #7
litesung
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Np, and thanks I will look into it

Anymore ideas? BTW has anyone seen an uptime for (how long computer has been online) for rainmeter as well? I should probably ask on the rainmeter forums though.
07-03-11, 02:12 PM   #8
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by litesung View Post
Anymore ideas? BTW has anyone seen an uptime for (how long computer has been online) for rainmeter as well? I should probably ask on the rainmeter forums though.
Coincidentally, there also is a WoW API for that ..
GetTime() returns the time in seconds, how long your computer/OS has been on
07-03-11, 04:54 PM   #9
litesung
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
Coincidentally, there also is a WoW API for that ..
GetTime() returns the time in seconds, how long your computer/OS has been on
Oh very nice I'm not sure how to use it, or how to implement it into a Rainmeter config.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » "Uptime" addon