08-06-11, 12:51 PM   #1
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
New Zones

Anyone else feel like the moulton front and it dailys SUCK? I mean alot of time and work for nothing. You unlock everthing and you still cant buy anything. The time it takes sure is not (in my book) worth all the time.My god dont be doing it with more one char. Seems like they made them just to waste our time.
08-06-11, 01:17 PM   #2
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I take it you weren't around for Isle of Quel'Danas, were you? Firelands is the same, a daily hub that unlocks as you go. The big difference is that Firelands is far more rewarding. Besides, even without the vendors, having most of your dailies in one area is far quicker than going all over the place.

"This is the fifteen-thousandth four hundredth and ninety-eighth occurence".
08-06-11, 04:00 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Besides the cloak (current BiS) from the Thrall quest chain, my mage has gotten a neck (current BiS), off-hand, ring (current BiS), and trinket (current BiS) from the daily quests so far. Plus the gold-sink pets and other fun items. My DK has just done the intro set for the Molten Front but still found the neck and tanking boots to be high on the BiS list.

So... I wouldn't exactly call them a waste of time. If you don't like doing dailies, though, then yeah - it's not fun. And you have other fun things that you can do instead.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-06-11, 06:12 PM   #4
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
Fun no it a great BORING waste of time. Bliz seems to think were all 10. Have great anount of time to waste. I wouldnt mind if it was more like the other fraction vendors. 685 marks just to unlock them ... crazy.
08-07-11, 09:36 AM   #5
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Bliz seems to think were all 10
This. Cataclysm is aimed at little kids. It's stripped of everything that takes time and effort. And thats why firelands are so "boring" since now you need to invest time and effort and we're no longer used to it.

I'm a casual player and since I refuse to accept the cataclysm-style (jump&run-game) raids there is no content for me to enjoy. I want to play with my friends and family and thats near to impossible since current raids require every single player in a raid to be right on target and react in ms. That means no matter how good I am I cant help my group and outheal some faults of my friends. This single-player mode introduced with cataclysm is just frustrating ...

As a casual the 980-points limit means you cant make up missing skill with equip since it takes longer to gather the equip than it is helpful. So there is no reason to do heroics, no chance to do raids and well professions dont need your time ... so with no other choice than creating the next twink sth like firelands becomes a horrible concept by itself as it means you would have to do it on more than one char.

None of my chars (10 85) is doing the dailies and the only char where it would make sense to go through the painful process is my leatherworker who is forced to the hyjal quests first since as a tank he started in vashir ...

All in all ... see my sig ... cata stands for catastrophe ... and it got worse with firelands ...
08-07-11, 03:51 PM   #6
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Personally, I rather enjoy Cataclysm, and the new MF/FL dailies.

I no longer raid, simply because of a bit of personal flakiness. Well, okay, I fill in on raids when they start begging, "C'mon, just one more DPS and we can go down Cho'gall" or "We need just a little more help on Shannox, guys".

But levelling is fun again. I've levelled at least one toon to level cap in each expansion - hunter to 60 in Vanilla (and 70 in BC), a priest to 70 in BC (and 80 in Wrath), 2 paladins and a shaman to 80 in Wrath (shammy is 83 now), and a mage, paladin, and druid in their 60s who were rolled the day Cata dropped (I plan on finishing them eventually ) Levelling in Cataclysm is more fun than it was in any previous expansion - yet, amusingly, those classes that were OP in levelling previously are no longer absolutely eating the environment.

Yup - it's not as easy to level. Paladins used to be able to solo any non-dungeon quest in the game, even "group 5" quests, while at level. They can't now. They can solo "group 3", but not 5 - but that's okay, there's always somebody levelling in the zone now, and willing to help.

The new dailies - nowhere near as mind-numbingly boring as the Isle of Quel'Danas. More entertaining than the Argent Tourney, even, which AFAIK was the introduction of "random" dailies. Yes, it's a grind. But so what? It's a randomized, branched, treed, gated grind that gives you more rewards as you hit thresholds. It's about the best design any game has come up with for this sort of content.

Don't be all rose-lensed-glasses about the past, y'all. Vanilla was BRUTAL. BC was HARD. Wrath was too damn easy, just about all the way around. Cataclysm isn't as easy as the mindless aoe of Wrath, but isn't as soul-destroyingly difficult as BC or Vanilla.

This is the best it's been, difficulty-wise. Hard enough that my DPS doesn't go up when I'm asleep (yes, it happened back in Wrath - I lost nearly 1000 dps when I woke up!), but not hard enough that one person moving at the wrong time doesn't wipe the raid. Everything is recoverable from if only one or two people screw up. When 40% of the raid/party screws up, that's a different story, and was only recoverable from in Wrath. :P
08-07-11, 04:36 PM   #7
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Originally Posted by Rilgamon View Post
This. Cataclysm is aimed at little kids. It's stripped of everything that takes time and effort. And thats why firelands are so "boring" since now you need to invest time and effort and we're no longer used to it.

I'm a casual player and since I refuse to accept the cataclysm-style (jump&run-game) raids there is no content for me to enjoy. I want to play with my friends and family and thats near to impossible since current raids require every single player in a raid to be right on target and react in ms. That means no matter how good I am I cant help my group and outheal some faults of my friends. This single-player mode introduced with cataclysm is just frustrating ...

As a casual the 980-points limit means you cant make up missing skill with equip since it takes longer to gather the equip than it is helpful. So there is no reason to do heroics, no chance to do raids and well professions dont need your time ... so with no other choice than creating the next twink sth like firelands becomes a horrible concept by itself as it means you would have to do it on more than one char.

None of my chars (10 85) is doing the dailies and the only char where it would make sense to go through the painful process is my leatherworker who is forced to the hyjal quests first since as a tank he started in vashir ...

All in all ... see my sig ... cata stands for catastrophe ... and it got worse with firelands ...
Maybe I'm understanding your post wrongly, but you're really just massively contradicting yourself. You say Cataclysm is stripped off of everything that requires time or effort, yet you then continue to sum up why the Firelands patch and WoW as it is now is too difficult and requires too much effort.

I recognise some of your points though, I (and a lot of people) bring them up regularly. I think you should consider at least giving WoW a break if it's not fun for you anymore. You can always come back later, really.

--

To the OP; I'm not sure what you mean by 'you unlock everything and you still can't buy anything'. Every path you complete - Ancients, Moonwell, Armaments - unlocks a new vendor. Sure there's some dailies you have to go through first, but that's always been the case. Plus, there's a small selection of items you can buy as soon as you started, too.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » New Zones