04-12-16, 10:04 AM   #1
Ravyn
A Defias Bandit
"QuestHelper" type AddOn?

Hey all! Posted this thread over on the official forums but then realized that you all here would be far more qualified.

As I log into characters to quest through zones I have done multiple times and would like to sort of streamline the process, I find myself remembering an old favorite - QuestHelper! Unfortunately it and its short-lived predecessor, QuestHelper Lite, seem to be so out of date that they no longer function properly. Are there any other similar addons around to make the experience faster? For those perhaps unaware, QuestHelper generated optimized routes between quests in an area to get you between them in the most time-efficient way, presented waypoints and quest item icons for easy clicking, that sort of thing. It really did make blowing through a zone a breeze!

Thanks for the help.
04-12-16, 11:30 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You could use Wholly and Grail. There is also Carbonite, which is a modular questing addon. The link is to the main module and the other modules are listed on the page.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
04-12-16, 11:45 AM   #3
Ravyn
A Defias Bandit
I had considered those addons but they seem to be lacking the smooth automation that I was searching for. QH was very dynamic and easy to follow, and while these look like huge and robust quest information addons they're missing that lazy man's streamlining. :P
04-12-16, 05:17 PM   #4
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You could try either Zygor or Dugi; however, both are paid services, although there are free trial versions. Zygor Guides has a referral system, right up to getting it for free if you refer 5-7 people successfully.

I could refer you if you are interested.

But if you are looking for totally free like QH was, then go with Jeffy's suggestions.
04-13-16, 06:41 AM   #5
jeruku
A Cobalt Mageweaver

You could also check out the guide from WoW-Pro. You will need TomTom (Curse/WoWInterface) or use Carbonite (Curse /WoWInterface) and its TomTom waypoint emulation.
04-23-16, 01:17 PM   #6
harl
A Murloc Raider

I recommend Kemayo's QuestPointer in conjunction with the aforementioned TomTom - and then just utilising the built-in map and blue areas for tracked quests as much as possible.
QuestPointer is a fairly basic but very helpful add-on that just points you to the nearest tracked quest (it does *not* tell you what the "best" thing is for you to do or where quest givers are - but that's where Wholly/Grail circumstantially fills the gap if you need it).

I also recommend some add-on to automatically track your quests.
I prefer SorhaQuestLog for this, having used it for a long time, but it's practically a full replacement for the built-in tracker and also the list side of the quest log, so it may not be to everyone's liking.

(There's no need for any paid services or alike.)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » "QuestHelper" type AddOn?